Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > LRP

Old 19-06-2011

Default Hi everyone

Hi I am thinking about buy a lrp skark what do everyone think need info thanks
Old 19-06-2011
Mad Member

ive got 6 of them, great cars, for spares get the duratrax vendetta spares, and ftx blaze spares, same as lrp spares but cheaper...,

loads of lrp shark vids on youtube, check em out to get an idea of how good they are:

here's a shelf queen i'm in the middle of making, just waiting on a few alloy and ssg carbon parts to finish and blue alloy turnbuckles with yellow rod ends
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060638.JPG (164.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg P1060640.JPG (167.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg P1060641.JPG (160.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 19-06-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up Shark

That Shark is amazing!! brilliant work mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
ive got 6 of them, great cars, for spares get the duratrax vendetta spares, and ftx blaze spares, same as lrp spares but cheaper...,

loads of lrp shark vids on youtube, check em out to get an idea of how good they are:

here's a shelf queen i'm in the middle of making, just waiting on a few alloy and ssg carbon parts to finish

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 21-06-2011

Quote:

here's a shelf queen i'm in the middle of making, just waiting on a few alloy and ssg carbon parts to finish and blue alloy turnbuckles with yellow rod ends
Hi would you sell one or swap for a traxxas 3.3 t-maxx
Old 22-06-2011

you really want 1 dont you

Old 22-06-2011

Default Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamorsum96 View Post
you really want 1 dont you
Ye thanks
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

i would love a nitro car but wouldnt you be better off selling yours on ebay then buying a shark, up to you,
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
i would love a nitro car but wouldnt you be better off selling yours on ebay then buying a shark, up to you,
Would you swap.
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewrace View Post
Would you swap.
I would do, does it run, and if not what would I need to get it running,? I could make you one up from scratch so all is perfect but I don't have any more of the alloy bits pictured in my shelf queen, but then again none of the ones I race or fellow racers race with have the alloy bits anyway as if you add alloy parts and have a crash it's the chassis that will break, or another dearer part, I could give you a choice of about 4 body shells also and could include a motor, esc also some standard knobly tyres and carbon effect wheels and some foams if you plan on racing indoors, how would we do it though if you were interested,
(not bothered either way) (i'll leave the ball in your court), would you be willing to post to me then I would post to you upon reciept?..

i have no feedback on here as i have never sold anything on oople, only purchased, but could give you my 750 transactions 100% feedback ebay profile which you could contact me through so you know its me,
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:

Wow ! That looks amazing !! Unbeleivable ! May I ask where you order you're parts for this from ? What body is that and where did you get the blue anodized screw kit from ??!! Oh and where are the shock towers from ?? Just dreaming of building one like yours !
Old 22-06-2011

Oh, and if you'd think about selling it, = please let me know !
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige55 View Post
Wow ! That looks amazing !! Unbeleivable ! May I ask where you order you're parts for this from ? What body is that and where did you get the blue anodized screw kit from ??!! Oh and where are the shock towers from ?? Just dreaming of building one like yours !

hi,

the shock towers are from:

http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/com/...th=363_176_290

the body is from:

http://phatbodies.bigcartel.com/prod...at-bodies-mojo

the alloy parts i got from ebay but i've found somewhere a lot cheaper and they have all alloy parts in stock at $14.50 each, (amazing site):

http://gpmracing.com.hk/catalog/main...99d2fbd77a4d85

the screw kits i got from:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLYA7&P=7

but unfortunatly they had them reduced from $44 to $8 so i purchased the last 5 sets they had and are now showing as discontinued..

since the photo's i put above i have put on the car a blue alloy wing mount and blue screws in the front shock tower and blue screws on steering and top plate mount and blue alloy steering posts.

i have coming (hopefully tomorrow) some silver carbon front and rear shock towers, and soon after that some blue alloy body posts, will post some more pics when i am happy with it and i think i have finished it, which will hopefully be in next week
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
hi,

the shock towers are from:

http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/com/...th=363_176_290

the body is from:

http://phatbodies.bigcartel.com/prod...at-bodies-mojo

the alloy parts i got from ebay but i've found somewhere a lot cheaper and they have all alloy parts in stock at $14.50 each, (amazing site):

http://gpmracing.com.hk/catalog/main...99d2fbd77a4d85

the screw kits i got from:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLYA7&P=7

but unfortunatly they had them reduced from $44 to $8 so i purchased the last 5 sets they had and are now showing as discontinued..

since the photo's i put above i have put on the car a blue alloy wing mount and blue screws in the front shock tower and blue screws on steering and top plate mount and blue alloy steering posts.

i have coming (hopefully tomorrow) some silver carbon front and rear shock towers, and soon after that some blue alloy body posts, will post some more pics when i am happy with it and i think i have finished it, which will hopefully be in next week
Thanks mate for the info, - your buggy looks amazing ! Looking forward to your photo updates
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
I would do, does it run, and if not what would I need to get it running,? I could make you one up from scratch so all is perfect but I don't have any more of the alloy bits pictured in my shelf queen, but then again none of the ones I race or fellow racers race with have the alloy bits anyway as if you add alloy parts and have a crash it's the chassis that will break, or another dearer part, I could give you a choice of about 4 body shells also and could include a motor, esc also some standard knobly tyres and carbon effect wheels and some foams if you plan on racing indoors, how would we do it though if you were interested,
(not bothered either way) (i'll leave the ball in your court), would you be willing to post to me then I would post to you upon reciept?..

i have no feedback on here as i have never sold anything on oople, only purchased, but could give you my 750 transactions 100% feedback ebay profile which you could contact me through so you know its me,
Hi the traxxas is rtr but the reverse only workers intermittently thanks will the shark be rtr thanks
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Hi the traxxas is rtr but the reverse only workers intermittently thanks will the shark be rtr thanks

i could put in it a motor and servo and speed controller, so then you would just need to keep your reciever and handset for it, but truthfully , i know i'm being silly saying this but you would be better off selling your car on ebay and then buying a shark with the proceeds,

sharks arnt as dear as they used to be, i dont like to see people lose out..

as you will more than likely have some money left over, i have a friend putting a shark on ebay in the next week or so and it has a top of range speed controller and motor in it and will be the extended 25mm longer version
Old 22-06-2011

Quote:
i could put in it a motor and servo and speed controller, so then you would just need to keep your reciever and handset for it, but truthfully , i know i'm being silly saying this but you would be better off selling your car on ebay and then buying a shark with the proceeds,

sharks arnt as dear as they used to be, i dont like to see people lose out..

as you will more than likely have some money left over, i have a friend putting a shark on ebay in the next week or so and it has a top of range speed controller and motor in it and will be the extended 25mm longer version
Do you wan't to swap because I can't put it for sale because I cant put it on eBay because my accout Is playup thanks
Old 22-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Do you wan't to swap because I can't put it for sale because I cant put it on eBay because my accout Is playup thanks
I will pm you in the morning with some pictures. And you can make your mind up from there
Old 23-06-2011
Mad Member

now with front and rear ssg carbon towers fitted and blue alloy wing mount and blue alloy steering posts, just rear alloy hubs and alloy body mounts, alloy turnbuckles and yellow rod ends to go now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060655.JPG (159.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1060656.JPG (153.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1060657.JPG (166.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1060658.JPG (162.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1060659.JPG (148.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-10-2012
Mad Member

i know this is an old thread now but while looking through the forum i found it and thought i would update the pictures to the cars final state,

you may have seen the pics in another part of the forum but for those who havnt this is how my lrp shark finished up, still sitting proudly on my shelf

Old 11-10-2012

Very nice Ron
Ive still got my Shark with graphite conversion and still use it
for the worm rally drift, with a mini shell on,with 90 grams on
the top deck
great cars in there day and yours is a great example
shame spares are getting scarse now, il have to retire
mine soon
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~