Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 22-09-2007
Lee-Mag

my car felt like it cornered very flat but still very easy to drive, the back end didnt seem to collapse like on other 2wd`s i have driven, which is nice.
Old 22-09-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

agreed lee,you saw ours going at coventry, cant say it wollowed or rolled at the back end but we have got rid of mosty of the droop, buy inseting 4mm of spacers inside the shocks
Old 22-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattym0310 View Post
i dont have them! ive lasted ever since i got my car, without them. as written above [somewhere ] i just space them. but i spose they cud make things easier.
Somebody has already mentioned to you, by doing what you have done does do as you want with the driveshaft and droop..... but you have made the rear of your car narrow, which isn't adviseable.

Matty, if you can redrill your axles, that will work, or put BK2 axles on, the car needs its width.
Old 23-09-2007
Lee-Mag

I drilled mine yesterday, its ace!!

Chris/dan/E, do you think you are slowing the car down by giving the car masses of droop and allowing the rear end to roll so much?
Im sure you boys have done testing with the droop but the car seems to have a HUGE amount of droop now? My point is, is it not better for the car to sit flatter during cornering and braking?
Old 23-09-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

we removed a lot of the droop in our car and to us it seems easier to drive,i would say the droop helps on big air jumps,so no real need for loads in the UK, but what do i know
Old 23-09-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I drilled mine yesterday, its ace!!

Chris/dan/E, do you think you are slowing the car down by giving the car masses of droop and allowing the rear end to roll so much?
Im sure you boys have done testing with the droop but the car seems to have a HUGE amount of droop now? My point is, is it not better for the car to sit flatter during cornering and braking?
From a theoretical point of view I see where you're going Lee, but I just don't feel it on track. What I do feel is that it rides over bumps, especially in traction zones much better. You're also never going to risk lifting the inside rear wheel going into the corner.

As I reply I am thinking mainly of cutting up grass track and just generally bumpy tracks here. On flat tracks you might well be right and indoors perhaps this is something I'll go back to playing with, but it's fair to say for the majority of outdoor tracks, extra droop that you get with stock AE shocks and stock axles is much better

I should add I much prefered the extra droop on a B4 though, I used to undo the bottom of the shocks 2 turns for more rear droop.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 23-09-2007
Lee-Mag

Cheers Dan,

I will definatley give it a try back to back, but like you say theory is ok but first hand experience is what counts. If it works it works.

Has anyone tried the losi rear hubs on the X6, this is something i was thinking about?
Old 23-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hey Lee,
Me and Dan did a lot of running of the X-6 at Bury especially at the first stages of getting the car. We found with the shock limited that going down the fast straights the wheels were leaving the ground, made the car quite "on edge" in a straight line.

Then taking out the limiters and putting those tiny shims on the inside of the axle ment it rode the bumps far better, but then we both suffered with driveshafts coming out of outdrive - not regular, but just doing it once would chip the outdrive where it mattered.

Putting Losi shocks on means can get more droop, can always limit it, but ive never felt any need to reduce it.

Running BK2 or drilled axles means the bone is further in the outdrive, and i feel that even if no more droop is required, this can only be a good thing if it means you won't fail to finish any runs you start due to bone falling out of diff.... and its never happened again to me since changing to BK2 axles.

Chris
Old 23-09-2007

As the others say, the car is better on the majority of our tracks with the extra droop.

Perhaps on flat tracks less would be better but I don't honestly feel the rear rolls too much and I can put up with a little roll if it means better on the bumps.
Old 23-09-2007
Lee-Mag

furry muff, sounds good boys
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just to let you know, i have got the losi bk2 axles from Horizon uk through the Watford model shop well known for Losi parts they only took about 2 weeks and that was getting them from the states, and £6.99 each so not too bad! Have not fitted them yet, do they just bolt straight in?? or do they need modifying?

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007
Mad Member

With the big spacers on the inside of the hub they kind of just replace the AE ones,like for like
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just put on losi bk2 rear axles, it seems that they need 2 x drive shaft ( silver 4mm wide ) per side to get the wheel pin sitting flush with bearing. Is this normal?? are these spacers an x factory part? i had a look in associated b4 manual and it seems the only spacer is the bearing spacer that goes in the hub.
Does any one have 2 x spacers? or is it an associated part? or will lesro have them??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

edited post! have a few questions above, help!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Mark have you read Chris write up here? http://www.2wdrc.com/tech_bk2_axles.html

You're right you do need spacers, xx4 front bearing spacers are exactly the right width, don't think they are as thick as 4mm, more like 2.5? It's basically making up the difference in the difference between where the roll pin is drilled relativly between the B4 axle and BK2 axle.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No Dan, I have not read that, will have a look now, thanks for the info, will get some of the spacers on order!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

just had a look on microtechs website, last page on xx4 spares, is it a9941 i need? losi know how to charge for these odd little bits!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007
#1 ZX5 fan

Agreed, rediculous prices really, though their bearings really take the biscuit, diff bearings are scandalous.

You can shim it with whatever though.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 25-09-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ok thanks again Dan, will get them on order in the morning. cheers for all the help!

www.rccarshop.co.uk