Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 04-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have been trying to find some of the 4.1 parts on AE site, but can't seem to find the clear gear cover and front C hubs.

Does anyone have a link to all the new FT 4.1 parts?

There is no image but AE are doing a lipo weight kit for the B4.1 too, wonder what this will be like ?

But I love my personalised Rude Bits batt strap, so that's going no where!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
I have been trying to find some of the 4.1 parts on AE site, but can't seem to find the clear gear cover and front C hubs.

Does anyone have a link to all the new FT 4.1 parts?

There is no image but AE are doing a lipo weight kit for the B4.1 too, wonder what this will be like ?

But I love my personalised Rude Bits batt strap, so that's going no where!
Hi yah Mark
AE are or were going to make a lipo weight kit BUT I think they are now not as they feel the new B4.1 FT is better light. The fact of the matter with weight is that very light might be and i quote might be ok for the best drivers in the world but heavy is a hell of a lot easier to drive for the majority of us. And all the top drivers are still using weight. I looked for pics myself but i am sure there are none......
The front caster blocks i am sure are a SC10 part mate and the glass type gear cover (super idea) I am sure will be listed somewhere soon.
I think it's the same as the V2 shocks Mark - they just about had enough for the kits hence youcan't get them on their own yet......hope all this helps a little.......laters
Old 04-08-2010
Super Moderator

Front caster blocks were originally on the GT2, had some on my X-6 for about a year.....

However, that said, I'm pleased AE have updated the B4 at last

G
Old 04-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the info Tony, I will keep an eye out for the part numbers on the AE site for the gear cover etc

Your car looks v nice btw!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just a quick question Tony, I have put the new 4.1 style rear hinge pin holder in, I have put the 3deg one in to start with, what does the manual suggest is a good starting point?

Also what anti squat shim do you run under it? I have put the 2mm one in at the moment.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Just a quick question Tony, I have put the new 4.1 style rear hinge pin holder in, I have put the 3deg one in to start with, what does the manual suggest is a good starting point?

Also what anti squat shim do you run under it? I have put the 2mm one in at the moment.

Now there is a question !!!
I will be running 2.5 with 2 anti squat mate.
BUT
It may pivot in the corner a little too much for me so I then may go back to my usual of running zero ant-squat - and yes a lot of people may think I'm mad but I'm also old and can't react as quick this days - he he he
Old 04-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers again Tony I will give it a go!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 04-08-2010
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Mine came today, quality of the parts is now superb!
Old 05-08-2010

so if you wanted to upgrade your old b4 to 4.1 spec what would you need?

Any part numbers available?
Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
so if you wanted to upgrade your old b4 to 4.1 spec what would you need?

Any part numbers available?
Hi yah
Like I said at the beginning, there are so many differences that it is NOT economical to get the parts and also all the parts like the V2 shocks, the new chassis, the slipper cutch, the gear cover and so on are not yet available.
Get yourself a new kit and sell your older one. The best and most econimical for sure.
As for part numbers, the majority will stay the same but the newer parts will filter through as the older ones are gone....that is my understanding......CML, as you may know, are the distributors for Associated products and all the major shops should have them in stock by now .....I know MK Racing has some www.m-k-racing.com ........

Hope this helps
Old 05-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
it is NOT economical to get the parts and also all the parts like the V2 shocks, the new chassis, the slipper clutch, the gear cover and so on are not yet available.
MK Racing delivered the new slipper parts to me yesterday, so they are available
I'd already got the bleeder caps for the shocks before the V2s were announced and Driveshafts, I have heatshrink over where the pins are so so will be sticking with the original CVDs & shocks for now.

Also as I already have a ghea 3.5 degree rear block, I don't feel the need for the new rear hubs at the moment.

In an ideal world I'd buy the new car, but I think I'll be buying bits at a time to replace broken or worn out parts!

new .5 degree rear hubs = 9865
v2 slipper spring = 7486
v2 slipper hubs = 7485
30 degree caster blocks = 7922
rear chassis plate = 9818
chassis = 9560 (same part number as old one)
rear shock tower = 9572 (same part number as old one)
front shock tower = 9568 (same part number as old one)
clear gear cover = 7461

Bored now, got the parts off www.rc10.com use the support and downloads link and choose B4.1, then scroll down and the FT manual is there!
Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
From my point of view I can't afford to buy a new car yet so I'm picking up the parts as I run it, towers and wishbones tend to be consumable items for me!
I'd already got the bleeder caps for the shocks before the V2s were announced so will be sticking with the originals too! But MK Racing delivered the new slipper to me yesterday so they are available

Also as I already have a ghea 3.5 degree rear block, I don't feel the need for the new rear hubs at the moment. Driveshafts, I have heatshrink over where the pins are so not worried about the new ones.

In an ideal world I'd buy the new car, but I think I'll be buying bits at a time to replace broken or worn out parts!

new .5 degree rear hubs = 9865
v2 slipper spring = 7486
v2 slipper hubs = 7485
30 degree caster blocks = 7922
chassis = 9560 (same part number as old one)
rear shock tower = 9572 (same part number as old one)
front shock tower = 9568 (same part number as old one)
clear gear cover = 7461

Bored now, got the parts off www.rc10.com use the support and downloads link and choose B4.1, then scroll down and the FT manual is there!

You are right - not everyone can afford that extra to buy a kit but if your car is inreal good condition then it must be worth lets say £80 odd then it's not a big difference to find.
Also can be done in a stage by stage way as stated but this would be more expensive.
Lastly, I am not sure that is the right part number for the gear cover - I think you will find that 7460 is black and 7461 is clear BUT NOT the new glas type one. - I may be wrong but it's my nderstanding before someone orders and it is wrong - please chack before ordering as we all make errors
Cheers all for now - off to paint a real car in the most gorgeous Ruby Black metallic (BMW colour) Mmmm!!!!
Old 05-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Personally I could afford £15 this month for the slipper and and I'll get the new plastic parts over the months to come.
The rest of my car I'm happy with as is.

I agree though that if you want a 4.1 spec car then the cheapest way is to sell the old and buy a new one.

The gear cover part number is off the B4.1FT manual and says 'clear' but it could be a misprint!
Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Pete, before ordering the chassis plate I would check it fits the old gearbox as it's shaped to key in with the new gearbox casing.

Also, I would say the V2 shocks are definitely a worthwhile upgrade for existing B4 owners. Much easier to build & fill, no chance of seals moving and really low friction in operation. Will definitely have them on the B44 & SC10 as soon as they arrive!
Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Personally I could afford £15 this month for the slipper and and I'll get the new plastic parts over the months to come.
The rest of my car I'm happy with as is.

I agree though that if you want a 4.1 spec car then the cheapest way is to sell the old and buy a new one.

The gear cover part number is off the B4.1FT manual and says 'clear' but it could be a misprint!
I agree doing stage by stage works for many people BUT there are so so many changes as you can also see by Gaz comments as well that you need to be careful. In an ideal world we need an accurate comparison.
The gear over listed in the B4.1 manula says it's clear but it also says for a B$ not B4.1 and also please look at the link here. It could filter through like I said before but I think not on this. I think there will be a new part number for the crystal clear cover
http://www.m-k-racing.com/advanced_s...997aeeaf64fcbe
Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Just having a look at the manual.

Is it correct that the B4.1 now comes with 0.80 front shock shafts the same as the B44?

MiCk B. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b4.1_shock_shaft.jpg (25.7 KB, 48 views)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 05-08-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

As I've recently decided to start up again using my b4 which is in VGC specced up pretty well. I was looking at getting a cougar as it seems the b4 isn't being as used as much as it used to at my local.

But seeing the new parts being released it might be cheaper to put a few of the new ones on. Not sure on the shocks, as good as they may be I'd assume they'd be about 80 for the set?

If I was looking at buying a nip kit it'd be about 50 quid either way for the cougar, b4.1 and x-6
Quite confusing what to do really!
Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post

Is it correct that the B4.1 now comes with 0.80 front shock shafts the same as the B44?

Yep. No more unscrewing the ball end for using the outer hole on the wishbone.
Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
Not sure on the shocks, as good as they may be I'd assume they'd be about 80 for the set?
Don't know the pricing but the bodies are being sold as an FT upgrade. All exisiting shafts, pistons & springs fit.
Old 05-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCk B. View Post

You know i didn't even notice - there are so so many changes hence the post in the first place....even like Gaz said the gearbox casing and so on. In the risk of repeating myself, I thought it was a revised version with some new bits but the more I go into it i think it's a new car....those Tamiya guys obviously had inside information on the B4.1 - What you reckon Lee?