Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Vega! lol
They bend as well.
Old 21-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
the car has been run by a " noddy" as you put it :-)
and ran with out issues !
The reason this car works so well is party because of the chassis and the way its designed , the other manufacturers that have stiffer chassis dont work quiet as well .
To be fair you don't know if this car works well in the hands of an average driver as it hasn't been proven that the "average" driver has shown an improvement or not as of yet because it hasn't been available for long enough to make a comparison. You could be right, however, and this car could be better than all the other similar cars by other manufacturers, but the average driver who has to pay full price for his kit not only wants to improve when he buys something new, he also wants the kit to last (not bend). I can't see that bending the chassis back after a crash/run is acceptable to the paying customer!
If you have to make the chassis that thin to make it a winner then I think it's not really made for the club racer. I'm sure all the other manufacturers could make their products as flexible, and thus, faster in capable hands but maybe they feel that would upset the paying customer?
Old 21-11-2011

@ Alec,

I little bird told me that Mossy and Danny snapped chassis at Kiddy over the weekend.

Think you should sort your car out before posting here...... LOL!!!

@wezzer,

I think I tried to tell everyone that in post 6 mate, although its was really late when I wrote it
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Alloy is the new in thing to have as a chassis, back in the day the cougars and Mardave's used alloy, then we moved on to glass fibre, then carbon fibre. Now back to alloy with the Vega's, Durango's, Losi 22's and even the schumacher team drivers testing alloy chassis on there cougar SV's.

I agree with you Alec that the car is untested in normal people's hands. Last year a few of the top drivers did very well with the car, but these drivers would do equally well with any of the current cars be it an DEX210, TLR 22, X2c or Cougar.

Until the club/regional level drivers have used the car for a few months, then we will not know if it's a worth while investment. One thing that you don't want is to have to bend the chassis back with your bionic knee after a run/heavy impact!!
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony12795 View Post
@ Alec,

I little bird told me that Mossy and Danny snapped chassis at Kiddy over the weekend.

@wezzer,

I think I tried to tell everyone that in post 6 mate, although its was really late when I wrote it
Maybe true, but the ansmann chassis is about a tenner and readly available, how much is the C4.1 chassis and where can you get one from?
Old 21-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
@ Alec,

@wezzer,

Never broken one myself, but at the costly sum of £14.99 I'm sure If i do I can buy another
Old 21-11-2011

i know whos ran them before the production kits were released Alec and some of those guys that did , were average drivers .
i have yet to see a bent chassis and asses as to how it was caused . if it is an issue it will get resolved one way or another
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Reading this thread has stopped my planned trip to my LHS to pick up a Centro.
Think I'll wait and see how people get on with them a bit more

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 21-11-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Some right moaning here.... in defence of the C4.1, the car works as the chassis has a little give in it, which helps it generate a lot of grip, the down side of this is it leaves the chassis susceptible to tweaking. We know Carbon can to, but you lost the flex with Carbon. Now, average driver or not, if you are putting on a £160 conversion onto a £190 car, then you obviously know what you are doing, and if you are going to hit things hard, something has to give.

As for the Losi chassis, mine from manufacture was tweaked, as the more pressing/folding you put into the item, the greater the chance of inducing tweaks from manufacture.

I don't ever remember seeing anywhere that the C4.1 was bullet proof, maybe CML could have devised a brace to the front of the chassis, but you all bought it knowing it didn't have one.....
Old 21-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
i know whos ran them before the production kits were released Alec and some of those guys that did , were average drivers .
i have yet to see a bent chassis and asses as to how it was caused . if it is an issue it will get resolved one way or another
Excellent, its good that manufacturers sort out problems quickly, that's just what everyone will want to hear
Old 21-11-2011

Think your missing the point mate. No one in the team bent a chassis over the hole years racing.

Danny and Sie both are team drivers and broke chassis on the same day.

If I was you I would buy two chassis just in case seams as your A team drivers are breaking them. Think that puts you at the same price as a C4.1 chassis.

As for spares the car was only realease last week so spares are going to be a little short. Bloody hell you can not even buy 210 wheels and thats been out for over a month......

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Never broken one myself, but at the costly sum of £14.99 I'm sure If i do I can buy another
Old 21-11-2011

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Some right moaning here.... in defence of the C4.1, the car works as the chassis has a little give in it, which helps it generate a lot of grip, the down side of this is it leaves the chassis susceptible to tweaking. We know Carbon can to, but you lost the flex with Carbon. Now, average driver or not, if you are putting on a £160 conversion onto a £190 car, then you obviously know what you are doing, and if you are going to hit things hard, something has to give.

As for the Losi chassis, mine from manufacture was tweaked, as the more pressing/folding you put into the item, the greater the chance of inducing tweaks from manufacture.

I don't ever remember seeing anywhere that the C4.1 was bullet proof, maybe CML could have devised a brace to the front of the chassis, but you all bought it knowing it didn't have one.....
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Think your missing the point mate. No one in the team bent a chassis over the hole years racing.

Tony
Are you sure about that?

As for spares the car was only realease last week so spares are going to be a little short. Bloody hell you can not even buy 210 wheels and thats been out for over a month......

I have DEX210 wheels at home that I have been selling........
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:

I'm sure people didn't expect to buy a chassis that could bend.
Old 21-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

I didn't buy one at release because I wasnt convinced by the chassis, don't get me wrong I want one, but after seeing them go, hearing about the problems etc I'm waiting and will persevere with my 210, which by the way I have lots of wheels for

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 21-11-2011

we will do all we can , as fast as we can.
i think we all need to take a step back for now and try and asses what happened , whos done what and how it has happened , like tony said the team have run them all year with out a failure ,
Old 21-11-2011

Are you sure about that?

From the information I was told yes. unless you can shed light.

I have DEX210 wheels at home that I have been selling........

So when speaking to Durango team members at the last Worksop meeting they told me that wheels where not available.

I am not posting any more. All I can say I ran mine at Chadderton at the weekend with its first outing and qualifed 4th overhall and this is the highest possition over three years.

Maybe the team drivers can post on this thread.
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

[QUOTE=tony12795;584852]
Are you sure about that?

From the information I was told yes. unless you can shed light

I don't have to shed any light on it, your the one who made such a bold statement.

So when speaking to Durango team members at the last Worksop meeting they told me that wheels where not available.

When was the last Worksop meeting, I've had them in stock for a good couple of weeks.
Old 21-11-2011

LOL!!!