Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 21-03-2012

Default National Standard

The way they're going , do you honestly think they'd let us have caravans over a weekend ???

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 28-04-2012

Default Update 28.4.12

As you all know the committee met with the other three clubs at Goshem last Weds night.

The meeting was very useful as it identified that the council had handed site management of Goshem over to the Bury juniors football club chariman Tony Crosbie, who is aided by the gymnastics chairman. Neither the cycle club or our club appear to have been involved in this decision made, it transpires, some time ago. That said, the council were present at last weeks meeting and they acknowledged that the basic needs of our club would be provided and that in essence the council still maintain overall responsibility of what is clearly council land.

Firstly- Toilet facilities will in the long term be provided from within the newly built gymnastics reception area. Until these are finished and for the regional next week the site (builders) toilets will remain.
Secondly - The committee will be meeting the council next Thursday to confirm what land we will be able to manage. The are between behind the rostrum remains our priority and the current site manager has no objections.
Thirdly - The grassed area behind the straight will be turned into parking for our club, by the current site management, as it is of no use to the football club, with access to be provided from the main car park.
Fourthly - For the regional event next Sunday, we will be permitted to pitch on the grassed area nearest to the main car park, which although on a slight slope, of course is much better underfoot. WE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE ON THE GRASS.

I am very pleased to report that Tony Crosbie has been very supportive thus far and I hope to report back further once I have met the council on Thursday.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 30-04-2012

Question Trackside

Can anyone confirm that we will be able to pit around the track at the 6th May regional, and erect tents etc. And if so where can we put them? It's a bit confusing as things stand.

Just a point also - when I arrived a couple of weeks ago for Sunday racing someone wearing a Hi Viz vest at the main gate said if we were not footballers we were not to go in the main car park - we "had" to drive down the side road.

OK - the info just appeared from Darren already - thanks.

Last edited by Pitman Ed; 30-04-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Info already posted
Old 03-05-2012

Default Council meeting 3.5.12

All,

Myself, Roger and Matt today met with the council, Lianne Dooley and Neil Long to discuss our clubs position at Goshem.

The meeting started with Neil making it clear that the council saw Goshem as a flagship site for Bury council and that Bury Metro RC was very much part of their plans.
Neil confirmed that toilet facilities were to be available within the reception/entrance area of the new gymnastics club.
He went on to say that the council would support our club in making funding applications for in particular additional parking needs and that he wished for the club to provide the council with both short term specific needs and more encouragingly long term wishes.

Although Neil initially stated that he wished for the area between our track and the new building, to be kept green even with some trees, the committee eventually persuaded him that this area was the prime location for additional parking and pitching space. With the idea being that a section (nearest the new building) was to remain grassed for pitching and the remaining area to be potentially covered with a grass reinforcement solution, with the possible addition of a short fence ensuring we stay well away from the football pitch, where Neil can have his beloved trees on the outer boarder.

We have been asked to provide a plan drawing of our wishes, which will even include consideration for a new purpose built race control and covered rostrum amongst other ideas. (longer term)
With this in mind, we ask that all members continue to be patient with the works going on around the track, in the knowledge that we are in the fold for creating a fantastic improved venue for current and new members alike.

I (Darren) will be arranging to submit the funding application with the help of Lianne by the end of next week.

Matt will be completing the plan drawing of the site, with our wishes contained, again for submission to the council as soon as possible.

The council (Neil) are keen to start work immediately to further improve on what we already have agreed, so our timeliness is important to keep them on their toes.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 03-05-2012

Well done to all involved.
Should be a very smart place to pit and race when all work is finished.
keep up the good work.
Old 03-05-2012
Gypsy Member

good work boys
sounds fantastic
see ya sunday
Old 11-05-2012

Default Parking Option...?

Darren,

You may want to suggest the use of 'Grasscrete' products to form a parking area rather than the grassed area currently proposed by the council. It seems that the council can't budget for a 40 car tarmac area, but you may get some co-operation suggesting an alternative. Grasscrete allows grass to grow through and still allows a surface for vehicles to drive on. It's not too good if the area gets waterlogged though - which would have to be checked out. We use it for access roads on reservoirs etc where the planning conditions dictate that the finished appearance should look like a grass area. Hope this is of use.

http://www.grasscrete.com/docs/paving/index.html
Old 11-05-2012

Default Grasscrete

MisterB

Funnily enough, this is what the council are already putting in the original plans and we will have around 12 spaces in the first instance. We are looking at alternative options, which personally will be less expensive for the additional area where we wish to expand into.

Thanks for the suggestion though, we always welcome ideas to help us improve our club.

Darren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
Darren,

You may want to suggest the use of 'Grasscrete' products to form a parking area rather than the grassed area currently proposed by the council. It seems that the council can't budget for a 40 car tarmac area, but you may get some co-operation suggesting an alternative. Grasscrete allows grass to grow through and still allows a surface for vehicles to drive on. It's not too good if the area gets waterlogged though - which would have to be checked out. We use it for access roads on reservoirs etc where the planning conditions dictate that the finished appearance should look like a grass area. Hope this is of use.

http://www.grasscrete.com/docs/paving/index.html

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 12-05-2012
Mad Member

What if we have a couple of fund raising events so we could chip in with the council with regards to the extra cost of additional parking . councils all over the country are feeling the squeeze I think they might bend a little more.

Well done Darren,matt,si and roger it certainly looks like our relaitionship with the council is improving due to all of your hard work

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 12-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nowt to do with me - all credit must go to Darren there. Whilst he's been building good relations with Bury council, I'm busy trying to blackmail Salford council.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 12-05-2012
Banned

I think that's the plan!

We have just been filling fire hoses with small pebbles today.
They look great! And will be perfect. Should half the packing away & setting up times! Because they can be left out, there too damn heavy to get over the fence!

We have about 6 5mtr lengths filled, so we can try them tomorrow.

Tried to give you a bell but your phones off!
Old 12-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I think that's the plan!

They look great! And will be perfect. Should half the packing away & setting up times! Because they can be left out, there too damn heavy to get over the fence!

Phone is in pieces mate I'm on the I pod the mrs went nuts when I didn't come home untill 4am covered in blood and scratches where I took a short cut down a mountin I can't remember shit the wife did one at around 1.30am cos I had my arm round some women in a bar!!!

Old 12-05-2012

Red face Fundraising

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Phone is in pieces mate I'm on the I pod the mrs went nuts when I didn't come home untill 4am covered in blood and scratches where I took a short cut down a mountin I can't remember shit the wife did one at around 1.30am cos I had my arm round some women in a bar!!!
Buds,
great minds. We will be looking to pay a portion of the extra works costs which as you say the council are more than happy with.
As for the fire hose, we have only done 4 x 5metre lengths today cause the rest of the hose at counthill but asMatt says it will be great.

Note to All members.

With the absence of minky since the agm we have been short on the committee so to fill the void we have voted in the muscles and voice of mark broadbent to help continue our clubs development.

Darren

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 12-05-2012

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
I think that's the plan!

What do you mean "We" ?
Only 4 lenths.

Can any-one tell us what happened to the rolls of fire hose we had in the lockup? They seem to have disappeared.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"
Old 15-05-2012

Email sent to Gymnastics club chairman and Lianne at the council on Sunday after the toilets issue was raised to me by Roger

Keith.

Coaches and parents inthe gymnasium this afternoon are locking the doors and parents are telling my members that they cannot let them in?

I accept when the building is not being used but when it is we should have the toilets access as agreed with Neil long and the council.

Please can you advise your members of the agreement.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Response from Lianne today

Hi Darren
Apologies for the problems you are having - I'm not sure how cooperative
the gymnastics club are being - bear with us please.

I have looked on the gymnastics club website and their timetable shows
they have gymnasts in until 4.30pm on a Sunday (I don't know if that is
up to date)

Keith informed me verbally that they were in until about 12.30pm on a
Sunday.

Do you know approx what time they left on Sunday??

Keith did express concern that their coaches had to answer the door but
if they are on site then they need to leave the doors open so you have
access.

The council's view is if the gymnastics club are in the building then
you can have access to toilets for your club members.

Sorry this is causing so much aggravation!

Lianne

Lianne M. Dooley
Leisure Facilities Development Manager
3 Knowsley Place, Duke Street, Bury BL9 0EJ. Tel: 0161-253-5769

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spoken again to Lianne today and she will be addressing this with Keith and i ask that all our members please continue to be patient with the other clubs and report any issues directly to Myself, Roger or any of the committee members at the earliest opportunity to at least allow us to try and resolve at the time.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 16-05-2012

Default gym club(toilets)

People were leaving the gym building until about 3pm last Sunday. They locked the doors whilst they were in. People coming out told us we were not allowed to use their toilets.
The odd day without rest rooms can be tolerated, but it won't work on a regular basis - people will go elsewhere. A number of people were walking around wanting the loo, and dads with little girls needing to go.
Do the cycle and football clubs have their own toilets? Could we make an arrangement with them?
All the committe is doing is appreciated. Just offering feedback for information.
Old 16-05-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The cycle club do not have toilets at all. They too are suffering from this insane arrangement - actually more so than we do as they have a lot of visiting teams.
The football club have them in the changing rooms and also in the clubhouse. However they want to charge us something absurd in order to us them - and don't want us to have unrestricted access as we might 'damage them'.
Rog is actually considering a portaloo option as if we have to pay it makes sense to have our own facilities rather than depending on the other clubs. Costs could be shares with the cyclists as they need them too.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 17-05-2012

Default Don't fret

Lianne

Lianne M. Dooley

WE will not be needing to spend club money to go.! There are new toilets that are owned by the council, that are currently being wrongly hoarded by the gymnastics club.

Darren

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 17-05-2012

Thanks Si - useful info.
Old 19-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
Email sent to Gymnastics club chairman and Lianne at the council on Sunday after the toilets issue was raised to me by Roger

Keith.

Coaches and parents inthe gymnasium this afternoon are locking the doors and parents are telling my members that they cannot let them in?

I accept when the building is not being used but when it is we should have the toilets access as agreed with Neil long and the council.

Please can you advise your members of the agreement.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Response from Lianne today

Hi Darren
Apologies for the problems you are having - I'm not sure how cooperative
the gymnastics club are being - bear with us please.

I have looked on the gymnastics club website and their timetable shows
they have gymnasts in until 4.30pm on a Sunday (I don't know if that is
up to date)

Keith informed me verbally that they were in until about 12.30pm on a
Sunday.

Do you know approx what time they left on Sunday??

Keith did express concern that their coaches had to answer the door but
if they are on site then they need to leave the doors open so you have
access.

Lianne

Lianne M. Dooley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spoken again to Lianne today and she will be addressing this with Keith and i ask that all our members please continue to be patient with the other clubs and report any issues directly to Myself, Roger or any of the committee members at the earliest opportunity to at least allow us to try and resolve at the time.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC
Print the email sent from lianne and anybody who denies access to the toilet just rub it in their face or I can use my charm!!!!