Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 19-07-2015

Default Starting gt12 a couple of Q's

I'm looking at getting into gt12 but have a few Q's firstly is there much difference between the schuey gt12 and the zen racing car? What are the differences between the two? And was looking at the pace esc is this any good? Cheers in advance
Old 19-07-2015

Default Zen RSGT12 vs Schumacher SSGT

There is quite a lot of discussion in the GT12 section regarding the merits of both cars and one significant aspect is the the SSGT ideally requires the addition of the pod pivot lowering kit, the side damper kit as well as the differential option.

Whether the carbon chassis is necessary well I'm not sure as the Zen is not anyway!

The RSGT12 Race kit has all you need as well as being ready built, something not everyone likes, including me as I prefer to build and sort any niggles there may be.

It is probably fair to say that the Zen is a much simpler car in using an 'old technology' front end and no fussy dampers, this is not a criticism by the way, it works, whereas the Schumacher has a front end that you have to setup correctly, this is covered very well within the GT12 thread.

When it comes to the rear end the pod pivot arrangement on the Zen is more complicated in it's engineering, allowing a change to the pivot position as a tuning option.

I own both cars but have not raced the RSGT12 yet, as for the SSGT I have had mixed results probably down to my aggressive driving style and maybe some errors in setup which I know understand and have yet to try.

So the jury is out for me yet, I favour the simplicity of the Zen's front end and by all accounts from everyone I know who races one, I have heard only good feedback.

My return to indoor racing, come the winter will provide the chance for me to race them back-to-back, in the meantime my 1/5th FG 4WD Mini is my chosen steed.

Good luck choosing.
Old 19-07-2015

Default Pace esc

I forgot to add my bit on this but I can recount what I was told by other racers when I was looking to start GT12 last year with my SSGT, the general comment on the Pace was it lacks punch when compared to better spec esc's!

I took heed and went for the Hobbywing 1S v3.1 and I have no complaints on power delivery or anything, it is also very compact with it's built in power capacitors, I have the same in my Zen.

The Sky Toro equivalent is a very popular option as well, I have one in my CRC GT10 but have yet to race this.
Old 19-07-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Join the Facebook page , gt12 circuit UK , loads of racers and brca committee members on there along national racers and winners and loads of posts to help you out.
Old 19-07-2015
Mad Member

I have run both. The Zen is simpler and if you drive it properly, faster. If you throw cars around like a TC, overdriving it and hauling on the brakes, then it won't make much difference either way.

The speedo is a key part of going fast enough, so money invested in a good one (HW, GForce, etc.) will pay back in good throttle feel, speed and punch as well as a good price if you want to sell it on.

The Turnigy and Sky Toro get good feedback so they might be worth a look, but I've not used either. HTH