Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 16-03-2014

Default sand in spur

Well the x6 cubed was great out today at barham track drove great all day apart from a broken servo gears. One thing that for second time out side I killed a spur and pinion from haveing sand in it. I have a undertray and body is cut as tight as I can get it but its still getting in there. Is there going be an option part soon so I can get a gear cover as its getting expensive for pinions and spurs.
Old 21-03-2014
Mad Member

Infest, go on RCTech.net to our main thread and ask for Speedy Dad. He makes a CF motor plate that accepts the B4 gear cover.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...tor-mafia.html

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 21-03-2014
Mad Member

If you are using alloy pinions, I find they are much more susceptible to sand/grit damage than steel, which in turn damages the tooth profile, whcih chews the spur. Using steel pinions, the damaging effects on the pinion and spur are less and I usually just have to flick out the odd embedded grain from the plastic spur.

For the cost of 1 pinion, its an fairly cheap and rapid way to test for an improvement.

HTH
Old 21-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Infest, go on RCTech.net to our main thread and ask for Speedy Dad. He makes a CF motor plate that accepts the B4 gear cover.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...tor-mafia.html
Cheers sounds like a winner for barham track as its umm sand bunker style.
Old 21-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
If you are using alloy pinions, I find they are much more susceptible to sand/grit damage than steel, which in turn damages the tooth profile, whcih chews the spur. Using steel pinions, the damaging effects on the pinion and spur are less and I usually just have to flick out the odd embedded grain from the plastic spur.

For the cost of 1 pinion, its an fairly cheap and rapid way to test for an improvement.

HTH
Thank you toby ill try that in the future. Never had the problem in past with b4 c4 b44 dango cubed is the first but if steel helps thats the way foward.