Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 28-08-2019

Default Newbie questions about LC Racing EMB 1

Hi, thinking about getting an EMB 1 as a second car to run in the garden for fun and as an entry to rc for my daughter.

I've seen a second hand car for sale here but I know nothing about micros at all so looking for some advice please.

Can I run a standard size servo?
What lipos should I be running, would prefer hardcase for the increased protection.
Where can I buy spares / hop ups? I recall schumacher used to do these but that doesnt seem to be the case any more.
What wheels and tyres should i be using and where can i buy them? I'll be using the car on grass and patio mainly, with a bit of use on carpet.
What's the deal with the lwb conversion I've read about - is it needed and where can I buy it?

Many thanks and sorry for all the questions- I can't find much up to date info on these.
Old 29-08-2019

The LC's normally come with a Batan servo - the original owner must still have this.

Most of us now run hardcase - they cost up to ~ £30 each. For fun I'd buy some softcase ones for ~ £10.

Spares - Schumacher & other model shops, just look on line. Not much breaks on them - prob shock towers normally - get a carbon one from Thumbs Designs.

For bashing I'd buy the cheapest rubber that I could find - there are some cheap tyres & wheels around. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-RC-O...kAAOSwL35cnC8o They must fit a 12mm hex.

For carpet most of us use foam tyres to race http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Produc...ts/J13203.html They are cheap and last a long time. Rubber tyres don't last very long on carpet & they are a lot more expensive. It just depends on how competitive you want to be.

The LWB version is the most common with us - not necessarily faster but you crash a lot less racing so easier to drive fast.

Good luck
Old 29-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC44 View Post
The LC's normally come with a Batan.......

Good luck
Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it