Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-05-2014

Default Mine flickers

Mine flickers on my converted sanwa but doesn't seem to matter .... Been using it for several race meetings without a glitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
I've managed to convert the older Sanwa Exzes. I found one I had from years ago in the loft so gave it ago and success. The pin format was the same as given above.

I've got a couple of questions if anyone can help.
  1. This is more of an observation really. The led doesn't stay a solid colour, it seems to flicker. This doesn't affect the control of the car or anything but I just wondered why.
  2. Using a Turnigy trackstar speedo, I can't get its one touch set up to work with the FrSky receiver. I can set an LRP and Novak up to it perfectly but the Trackstar doesn't want to know. Again I can't see why.
If anyone knows or could speculate the answer, mainly to question 2 I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 19-05-2014

Default Update.

Hi All,

Thought I'd let you know the outcome of my conversion and follow up on the points I raised in an earlier post.

The LED flickering has continued but as someone else commented, it doesn't affect the operation in anyway so if you get this don't worry.

The second point about not being able to set up a Turnigy speedo with it was confusing as other brands would. I've now managed to get it all set up and I think the problem was with the EPA settings on the tranny. They were both at 160% so maybe the range was to large for that speedo, who knows but bringing them down to 100% and it worked.

Something else which may have been a factor but again, who knows, is the fail safe wasn't set when I tried to do it the first time. In effect it was set to a 50/50 stick position but the sanwa is 60/40. I corrected that once I'd set a novak speedo to it.

The upshot is it now works. If this is down to the end points, the failsafe or me just being daft the first time I tried it, I don't know but the Turnigy speedo's will work with this conversion.
Old 11-06-2014

Hi, could somebody who's converted a Super Exzes possibly point me in the right direction?

I want to convert my Super Exzes but I just don't know what is what!

Here is a picture of the handset opened up. Could someone please advise where I am supposed to attach the Red (V+), Black (GND) and Yellow (PPM) wires from the FrSky hack module?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,
Rick
Old 11-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick84 View Post
Hi, could somebody who's converted a Super Exzes possibly point me in the right direction?

I want to convert my Super Exzes but I just don't know what is what!

Here is a picture of the handset opened up. Could someone please advise where I am supposed to attach the Red (V+), Black (GND) and Yellow (PPM) wires from the FrSky hack module?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,
Rick
This is the info you need:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=226

You can solder onto the circuit board that contains the connector for the module.
Pin 1 = ppm
Pin 2 = +ve
Pin 4 = -ve

I can't see enough detail t advice you further from your photo sprry. if you can take a detailed shot of the small board on the back of the transmitter, then I could advice further. it is possible for you to work it out from above however.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-06-2014

Hi Neil,

Many thanks. Here is another picture of that board. So just to clarify sorry, but when looking internally at this board (as in the picture), from right to left:

Pin 1 = PPM (Yellow)
Pin 2 = VE+ (Red)
Pin 4 = GND (Black)

Thanks
Old 11-06-2014

Have a look at post 226 of this same thread written by Ema. If any more info is needed, just let me know.
Old 12-06-2014

Default Sanwa super exzes frsky

Decided to do my super exzes with the frsky conversion and thought I would share with you all I didn't much like the standard frsky receiver casing so decided to convert the sanwa rx 311 fm to 2.4 using the frsky board, wasn't the easiest of tasks to wire the pins up for the servo plugs but came good in the end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0634.jpg (185.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0635 copy.jpg (239.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0636.jpg (274.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0637 copy.jpg (295.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-06-2014

Looking at the pictures Rick posted of the Exzes, this is a newer model from the one I did. The layout looks better in this but I'd advise you remove the smaller board which the aerial mounts to. You'll have to follow the and rejoin some of the circuits, on mine I managed to get rid of the board and white connecting cable and made the joints to the pins of the socket on the main board.

Its quite delicate work so take your time but it'll be a better job and give you more room to mount the module.

Best of luck.
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Hi Neil,

Many thanks. Here is another picture of that board. So just to clarify sorry, but when looking internally at this board (as in the picture), from right to left:

Pin 1 = PPM (Yellow)
Pin 2 = VE+ (Red)
Pin 4 = GND (Black)

Thanks
Yes that's correct buddy
Old 12-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Hi Neil,

Pin 1 = PPM (Yellow)
Pin 2 = VE+ (Red)
Pin 4 = GND (Black)

Thanks
Removing the module board is an option, but you would need to trace the wires for the potentiometer control, trace them through the antenna board, and into the main board. Also you would need to trace the three wires (ppm, +,-) from the antenna board and onto the main board. not a problem, but not sure what to do with the additional pins from the original module connector, if they are needed?

I'd be inclined to keep the antenna board on place, removing the larger pins that connect through to the module (keeping them to resolder back in if needed), and solder the frsky module to the antenna board. you could then site the frsky module inside the module space at the back of the transmitter, and use an old sanwa module case top hot glued in the space to make it look tidy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-06-2014

Thanks everyone for the kind advice

I think I will keep the original antenna board in situ as I'm no electronics wizz! Don't want to mess it up lol.

If I get it sorted I will attempt a how to so that others have visual of the inside of a Sanwa Super Exzes for future reference
Old 16-06-2014

Default Issues?

Hi Everyone,

I have a Ko Esprit Vantage II which I converted to FrSky about 2 years ago. Up until recently, it has been reliable with no issues. I love the feel of the transmitter, hence why I had it converted rather than go for a newer model.

Recently I have been having issues with my car loosing signal. This happened a few times racing indoors, with no major damage. It also happened recently, and since I hadn't set a failsafe properly, the car slammed into the barriers at the end of the straight at West London and destroyed the car. Not good.

I had a few issues again at the weekend, has anyone else had these sort of issues?

I have tried;
1. Changing receivers, I'm using the V8R4 ii receivers. I've tried 5 different receivers and lost signal on all of them.
2. Position of receiver- I have had the receiver on it's side behind the servo, flat on the chassis and on top of the servo. Had issues in all of these positions.
3. I installed a Lipo in my transmitter, as the battery doors had a few clips missing when I had cells installed, and I didn't know if the transmitter was turning off if the batteries moved during a race. Still had issues since the Lipo was installed, and I keep it topped up.

Do any of you have any other suggestions? It happens intermittently and at meetings where it has happened, it's happened at different points of the track.

I was thinking about extending the receiver aerials. Looking at other 2.4 systems, all of them have longer aerials. Has anyone tried this?

Should I replace the hack module? Could this be causing the issue?

I use my radio regularly, doing 2-3 full day meetings a month on average, plus setup time at home.

Thanks for you help,

Marc
Old 16-06-2014
Mad Member

Marc - I'd check the aerial wire in the tranny for a start to make sure that's not broken or loose.

Second to that, as you've already tried different receivers, try a different hack module. For the price it's cheaper than replacing broken bits on your car. If it's not at fault then you can always sell it on.

While you have the tranny open - check all the wiring!
Old 16-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yup good advice above from Hog. The antenna rf plug could have detached from the module circuit board inside the heat shrink. the anntenna rf lead or reverse SMA connector could also have become damaged. have you changed plastic antenna at some point? this could also have become damaged. new available here:http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-rc...ky-accessories

how have you mounted your antenna? is it under any strain?

the failsafe issue... that one can't be blamed on frsky. its so simple to press and set the failsafe when on the bench in neutral.
Old 16-06-2014

Thanks for the replies guys. I will check all the items you have described and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Marc
Old 16-06-2014

Yes you are correct- I didn't set the failsafe correctly, my fault- lesson learned!

Thanks!
Old 22-06-2014

Hi everyone. I recently got a Ko Propo Esprit II that has been converted using the Frsky hack module. Besides the Frsky V8R4/V8R4 II rx, what other Frsky rx can I use? Thanks

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 13-07-2014

Default sanwa

hi guys
I'm looking to convert my Sanwa Gemini 2 but all the links with regards to the parts required seem no longer available
is there a new unit to use, and which rx should I use??
cheers for any help with this
Stu
Old 14-07-2014

Default Frsky

I have just done one of these Gemini 2 radios for a friend, easy job just follow the picture posted buy JCJC on page 2 of this forum. You can us any of the Frsky receivers but for a car the 4 channel one does the job, the module unit has changed the first blue unit is not available now but there is a module in white that come with Telemitery it has a switch to turn it on and off does the same job.
Old 14-07-2014

Default Sanwa Super Exzes

Using the info here I've had a go a wiring in the frsky module just on the bench into my sanwa super exzes. All seems fine except the handset power indicator doesn't work. It's fine when I plug my spektrum module back in so I suspect there is some internal connection made thru the module to make this work.

Are there any clever people who may know a way to cure this with the frsky module wired in?

Thanks