Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-12-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Utter nonsense

Not true, the news of the DEX408 goes back over 12months, its it in the shops yet?

secondly show me where we can buy a V3? because no other manafacture has this problem.

just my 2p and not posting nonsense.
Old 04-12-2011
Banned

September 24th 2010.........and still waiting.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...urango-dex408/

all im saying is expect the truggy to be another 12 months.
Old 04-12-2011

I dont know many companies that get the Hype going as well as Team Durango and in a way JQ Products. Both companies put alot of effort into advertising and building up the hype of there products. Which fair play to them works wonders! I agree TD seem to release info and then it can seem along time till the product hits the shelves.-But the wait is worth it IMHO
I think its not fair to assume-they (just did not make enough kits). The cars are super popular and I would hate to think about how many kits have been brought so far across the globe..
Old 04-12-2011
Mad Member

Yeah but when I local shop gets orders and places an order with them for 10 and are told they'll get 6 and then only 2 arrive it looks bad for the shop as they've let 8 customers down who are waiting.

I appreciate demand must is high but it just seems really poor on there part, they've been doing this a while now added to their ability to get everyone hyped up they must realise how many they need to release.

It would be better for them to term every kit as a limited edition...

My paintwork thread
Old 04-12-2011
Administrator

Still utter nonsense Phil, you totally overlooked recent history in your attempt to look like you know what you're talking about. Recent announcements have been followed by cars in shops weeks afterwards, but that doesn't make you look clever so we'll just ignore that fact huh

What I'd certainly agree with is there's not enough cars to go around! I got my DEX210 (officially announced a little over 2 months before it was in the shops, btw) by luck as someone didn't pay for theirs and I managed to snag it.
Old 04-12-2011
BANNED

We were laughing at this thread today at racing.

The sheer qty of 210's & 410's running at Chadderton today is a visual on why they are in short supply. As demand is outstripping supply surely that must show it's a good product and worth waiting for.

The next thing some of you muppets will be complaining about is that you can't buy your kit in ASDA.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
you can't buy your kit in ASDA.
Now you mention it, that is a shame... I quite like adding things to the shopping trolley in a stealth manner, undetected until it gets put through the checkout..

Any chance some of you guys could channel your efforts in to finding a DESC410r set-up for carpet (see the appropriate sc setup section for my post).. Instead of bickering over things you have no influence on?

I'd really appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2011
Banned

Quote:
Still utter nonsense Phil, you totally overlooked recent history in your attempt to look like you know what you're talking about. Recent announcements have been followed by cars in shops weeks afterwards, but that doesn't make you look clever so we'll just ignore that fact huh

What I'd certainly agree with is there's not enough cars to go around! I got my DEX210 (officially announced a little over 2 months before it was in the shops, btw) by luck as someone didn't pay for theirs and I managed to snag it.

seems like the two posts above yours also agree with me

fair play its on its way now, but why announce something a year ago that was clearly still in prototype stage?
Old 04-12-2011

Teaser.. Make people aware its in the Pipeline-So they hold off getting another brand's car.... so many things...

I prefer TD's method of not releasing products until there 100% ready, Which some brands don't do to the same level. And 90% of people that have tried or run a TD product love it.. So I would prefer to wait an extra 2 months than get a product thats.. chassis is not right or something..
Old 04-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
The next thing some of you muppets will be complaining about is that you can't buy your kit in ASDA.
I'd sooner get mine from Tesco so i could get more clubcard points
Old 04-12-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
seems like the two posts above yours also agree with me

fair play its on its way now, but why announce something a year ago that was clearly still in prototype stage?
The thread is about the DEX410V3, it was announced a couple of weeks before it was in the shops - then sold out almost immediately. Please stop talking bollocks.
Old 04-12-2011
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
The thread is about the DEX410V3, it was announced a couple of weeks before it was in the shops - then sold out almost immediately. Please stop talking bollocks.
Jimmy - My hero!
Old 04-12-2011
BANNED

Did PG not announce the V3 himself, many months before it was in the shops?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 04-12-2011

Default jesus

i only wanted to know if anybody knows whare i can get a v3 , it sounds like there common as muck anyway so as the lazer is too expensive i might go for the cat and be a bit patriotic at least i can go and get one now and get club card points.
Old 04-12-2011
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
i only wanted to know if anybody knows whare i can get a v3 , it sounds like there common as muck anyway so as the lazer is too expensive i might go for the cat and be a bit patriotic at least i can go and get one now and get club card points.
Probably didnt help you put an angry smiley on the thread title. It instantly makes people think your angry about the product?
Old 04-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jimmy can you remove superstar member from lips avitar and replace it with villlage/forum idiot
Old 04-12-2011
Administrator

Stu, it would be too easy to have pointed out that the HYPE that PG referred to was actually due to his very own actions, and not actually any press release from TD - but that would make him look like a complete and utter idiot.
Old 04-12-2011
BANNED

Sorry boss, I did not realise that I was making one of your valuable forum users look like a total tool, if you want to remove my post then I'll not be offended.
Old 04-12-2011
Banned

Quote:
Did PG not announce the V3 himself, many months before it was in the shops?
yes and everybody said I was talking bollocks
Old 04-12-2011
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
yes and everybody said I was talking bollocks
Think the sunshine bus has arrived for you. See you next week.