Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

View Poll Results: would you consider lipo saddle pack (3x3 config), for club/fun/practice use
Yes 56 83.58%
no 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
With the saddle pack lipos , if you put them end to end are they around the same length as a stick style lipo?. Just wondered if you had say a B4 and a BJ4WE you could use the saddle lipo in both.
thats what i have sugested to trackpower while they are developing them,to anable them to be dual purpose
Old 16-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
With the saddle pack lipos , if you put them end to end are they around the same length as a stick style lipo?. Just wondered if you had say a B4 and a BJ4WE you could use the saddle lipo in both.
I run both the 4800mah sticks in my B4 and at times the maxamp saddles (depends on whats charged). They seem to fit fine. SO
Old 29-05-2007
Mad Member

I would deffo go to lipo saddle, no questions barred. I imagine if you would have asked this question 18 months ago when brushless was coming out you too would have got mixed replies.

Brushless and lipo has got to be the future.

I run cells with 2 overloader chargers, 1 smart tray. I discharge, equalise, charge, run for 1 race , cool down, top up for next race. Then when racing over, i go home and dig all my chargers back out and discharge , equalise and then put back 1000mah ready for the rigger of next weeks racing.

The biggest gripe for me is I charge on the day from racing, when i get to track, I have to discharge and equalise and then charge my cells before my cars even looks at the track, everyone has usually put a pack or 2 through there cars before booking in. With a lipo i could have charged it weeks ago and i could have spent more time on track ( much needed for me lol) thats got to be a massive bonus for me.

Lipo here i come lol.

Col.
Old 08-11-2007

YES YES YES please make one!!!

i would buy them!!!
Old 08-11-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd only use them if I could then race with them as I'm sure the car would feel different to drive with Lipo compared to NiMH ..... which means no point running them in practice.

As far as club racing is concerned i can't think of an off-road club which does it's own meetings with in an hours drive so no application there.

Lipo might well be the future, who knows but I don't believe it is the now!
Old 08-11-2007
oOple Contributor

YES!

for predator and S2 !
Old 08-11-2007

once people start running them, they will eventually be legal. but nothing happens overnight.

even if my club dont allow it i would buy it for practice, eventually more people at the club will use them.

just like 13.5 brushless isnt legal at sanctioned events, most clubs are allowing them at club races and are actually the norm for club races.

now larger events are allowing 13.5, and soon enough 13.5 will be allowed in sanctioned events.
Old 08-11-2007

It would be cool if someone made a lipo in a hard case that would fit the 4-2 battery configuration for the X-5 and X-6 buggys.