Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 20-01-2015

Default TC3 - Phoenix from the flames (errr.... smoke)

I suppose a TC3 is vintage after the laughs I got when I put it on my pit table at the weekend at a great newish venue in Normanton

So, anyway after 6-7 years in the garage I took it out for a run. I'm not saying it was great but it was fun as the track is really for GT12 cars.

That was until I didn't think and connected my battery up the wrong way

Bye Bye 100 year old novak cyclone in a puff of smoke.

Anyway thanks to Mr Coats I installed a Cyclone C2 to keep the old fella moving.

I'm quite proud of the install, so I thought I would share a pic or two....

....and there still room on the servo for a PT.

Last edited by bretts; 20-01-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 20-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts View Post
I suppose a TC3 is vintage after the laughs I got when I put it on my pit table at the weekend at a great newish venue in Normanton

So, anyway after 6-7 years in the garage I took it out for a run. I'm not saying it was great but it was fun as the track is really for GT12 cars.

That was until I didn't think and connected my battery up the wrong way

Bye Bye 100 year old novak cyclone in a puff of smoke.

Anyway thanks to Mr Coats I installed a Cyclone C2 to keep the old fella moving.

I'm quite proud of the install, so I thought I would share a pic or two....

....and there still room on the servo for a PT.
The TC3 is still competitive, a guy I used to race with used to race and win with is against the Tamiya 415MSX's of the time (much newer design).
Old 20-01-2015

tc3 is as great car, it might lack the overall grip of the modern tc's, but it is really well balanced and great fun to drive!
Old 20-01-2015

Yep, for the first time out in years at a new track with no setup changes, it was very good indeed. I got a couple of practise runs and 1 round before I blew up the speedo getting ready for round 2, idiot!

I had a bit too much front end so I've put stiffer springs on and will set rear camber to -2 deg to help to the rear side bite.

I think i'll get it going well enough for me anyhow.

Well it really sharpened up my driving, I tell you....I got a headache with all the concentration!!!

Just happy to have somewhere local I can run the car again.

Last edited by bretts; 20-01-2015 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 25-03-2015

Oh dear, Saturday could be interesting ! ive just dug all my old gear out as my nephew is of an age to give it a go and he will be running my TC3 and i'll be running my slightly less vintage TC4, atleast i know to expect giggles now haha !
Old 25-03-2015

Me and my son use to run tc3 back in the day. Try putting the lipo forward and the foam in the back to give more steering on tight tracks.
Old 25-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev132 View Post
Oh dear, Saturday could be interesting ! ive just dug all my old gear out as my nephew is of an age to give it a go and he will be running my TC3 and i'll be running my slightly less vintage TC4, atleast i know to expect giggles now haha !

Hi Kev132

I hope to go to Normanton on this Saturday, so see you there if you go. The last couple of times I've been, we've decided to run open practise all afternoon rather than a race meeting. This has been brilliant for getting the car setup.

Hi Big Paul

I've changed to foam at the back and other small changes since the above pictures where taken. The car is quite good now, well I'm happy with it.
Old 31-03-2015

We went on Saturday but to our local Broxtowe mcc, and funnily enough, after the first round where I had to go from lightly steering as the rear diff had come loose to over steering as the servo saver had come loose, all fixed for the 2nd round and it was absolutely flying, right up until my motor burst into flames