Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 05-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
And the end of the day
We race jumped up very expensive toy cars on a big play mat!
I couldn't agree more Lee, and I've said that many a time when things have gotten heated about rules or other issues on track. I like to add the bit that we are only racing for a 5in piece of plastic too

However, these little toys are not cheap and I'm sure you wouldn't like your's being taken out lap after lap by another driver would you?
Old 06-07-2014

How about trying to get a bunch of cheap slower electrics and selling them for cost to new drivers. Combined with some nice EOS prizes for most improved drivers, fair play rewards, most consistent driver in lower class etc. Carrot over stick kind of thing.

I can imagine the difficulties you'd having though. It only takes a few bad apples and pretty soon everyones driving standards go south when the red mist descends.
Old 06-07-2014
Mad Member

Ban the marshals from running, 10 seconds to marshal a crashed car will focus the mind.
Old 06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Ban the marshals from running, 10 seconds to marshal a crashed car will focus the mind.
I jokingly said last week that we should race 1 heat without marshals, making the drivers marshal their own cars, but of course that would be dangerous for everyone

However, I really like the 'Do not run' policy for marshalling, might put that one to the club 's committee to see what they think - like you said, if we marshal slowly that might help focus drivers minds, though I do think the carrot idea I've come up with might help - I'll keep you posted with the results when the Championship begins in 2 weeks...
Old 07-07-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
What's more interesting is that the BRCA had a real chance last month to help put in place rules that would help but it appears from what I heard on Friday that they've fudged the rules in GT12 without having the conviction to enforce a slower motor for the Production Cup

So that leaves clubs who want to try and slow things down out in the cold (this is just about GT12 racing, not off-road or Touring Cars). There were some interesting ideas put forward but it seems it failed to get past through. Seems the BRCA needs to rethink what the aim of the organisation is - is it about supporting the hobby of RC racing and nurturing new blood, or is it about supporting top flight RC racing... Maybe a topic for another thread one day

Scott im going to pull you up here. as my post 14 on this topic!!

firstly the BRCA 12th section did not miss a trick, the BRCA do NOT make the rules, the racers present at the egm make them after discussion and votes. the BRCA then enforce them.
there IS also a slower class and as post 14 production cup is now 17.5, a slower motor class, while super cup remain 13.5. you also need to be aware that the 17.5 became a class due to a club introducing it at their club, which proved popular and grew. something your club can do the ONLY part of the rules your club need to follow from the brca hand book is general rules, any class you race can have rules set by the club, not the brca.
Old 07-07-2014
Mad Member

Mr. Christopher beat me to it. Forgive my frustration when people say things without checking their facts first...

BRCA 12th Section members have grasped this nettle and sorted it - ProductionCup is now the same chassis as SuperCup but with a 17.5 motor. This was in response to the recommendation from people who race at clubs to give a slower car, not a cheaper car.

The point raised was that it was speed that was the requirement, not having a chassis with very tight restrictions that didn't handle that well - having ProductionCup as a kit-standard class with no leeway on parts and no diff.

This has been answered by having ProductionCup as a kit chassis with mods and a diff allowed. This means clubs can adopt this class and drivers wanting to progress can g to SuperCup by just changing their motor.

As Mark says, clubs can also pick and choose the BRCA Construction rules why want to adopt and then add their own variations. I hope that answers the point. Your drivers can all run in ProductionCup with a change of motor which you could phase in as I suggested in an earlier post. HTH
Old 13-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Scott im going to pull you up here. as my post 14 on this topic!!

firstly the BRCA 12th section did not miss a trick, the BRCA do NOT make the rules, the racers present at the egm make them after discussion and votes. the BRCA then enforce them.
there IS also a slower class and as post 14 production cup is now 17.5, a slower motor class, while super cup remain 13.5. you also need to be aware that the 17.5 became a class due to a club introducing it at their club, which proved popular and grew. something your club can do the ONLY part of the rules your club need to follow from the brca hand book is general rules, any class you race can have rules set by the club, not the brca.
To be fair, I was informed by a club member who races at regional and national events that the 17.5 rule didn't get through. If I'm to be corrected on this then that's great news and I will do everything within my power to have this passed at the clubs AGM this autumn to slow cars down. Giving drivers 12 months to change I feel is more than enough time.
Old 13-07-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsrcmcc View Post
To be fair, I was informed by a club member who races at regional and national events that the 17.5 rule didn't get through. If I'm to be corrected on this then that's great news and I will do everything within my power to have this passed at the clubs AGM this autumn to slow cars down. Giving drivers 12 months to change I feel is more than enough time.
Why not just read the rules on the sections brca site? Obviously your source is out of touch.... Or not willing to promote the class and rules, a shame as this is how I'll feeling starts.

Not if your being correct, you are being corrected....