Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 19-04-2009

Question 1/5th Scale Petrol General Maintenance Advice Request

I've got hold of a 1/5th scale petrol TQ Monster Truck and am looking forward to many hours of fun. However, I know nothing about how to maintain this new vehicle. Instruction manual translated from Japanese and not very helpful. Am looking for practical advice on what I should do before / after every run and less regular maintenance. Have failed to find an appropriate textbook. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Old 19-04-2009

Thumbs up maintenance.

clean the air filter and use plenty of filter oil. keep the carb clean. if you use it in water, always strip service it esecially bearings that are used to drive the wheels. never leave unused fuel in the tank. unless your out for the duration keep the tank to a half filled one.

hope this helps..alan

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 21-04-2009

Question

Migsy,
Appreciate your prompt and succinct response. Is filter oil a specific type or will alternative do (ie WD40)? Would you empty the fuel tank after every use or are you just suggesting remaining fuel should be removed if standing for extended periods (eg weeks)? Apologies but I don't understand your comment about half filled tank and being out for the duration. Please explain.

As I said, am a complete novice but keen to learn. Have just been out with the car and jumping off ramps for the first time. Very exciting. Any tips on keeping it level in flight would be great too by the way. Sorry to be so demanding.
Cheers,
Strutter
Old 24-04-2009

Thumbs up 1/5 SCALE

YOUR BEST BET IS TO USE FILTER OIL FOR 2 STROKES. I FIND WD40 WILL JUST GET SUCKED INTO THE ENGINE. I TEND TO CARRY A SPARE PRE-FILTER AND INNER BECAUSE WHERE I USE IT IS MUDDY. IF YOU WANT TO RUN THE CAR FOR A SHORT TIME, JUST FILL IT UP HALF FULL.
TRY NOT TO USE SEMI-SYNTH 2 STROKE, IT WILL MAKE IT COKE-UP THE PLUG. USE A FULLY SYNTH, I USE COBRA 2 STROKE FROM MODEL SPORT ITS THE DOGS BOLLOCKS..
TRY NOT TO LEAVE IT STAND WITH FUEL IN THE TANK AS IT MAY GO OFF AND COZ YOUR CARB TO SUCK IN THE CRAP PARTICLES AND WONT START STRAIGHT OFF NEXT TIME YOU GO USE IT. IF YOU NEED ANYMORE INFO, PM ME A MESSAGE..migsy.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.