Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 17-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Please propose that Dan, I'll second it.

Perhaps it's something we could ask Rob Nelson to include in the BBK software, so it automatically prints off at the end of each round.
Doesn't the program already do this?
Might be wrong but i thought that if a 10sec penalty was applied the finishing time was shown as (for example) 13 laps - 317.65p.
However Stop/Go penalties are not seen by the program, as it is just an extra few secs on a lap.
Old 17-08-2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Anyone want to second the Rostrum thing then and i will send off to charlie ????
I'll second it if no one else has already.

G
Old 17-08-2007
Mad Member

Cheers Northy, all sent.
Old 17-08-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I like pidges idea on the F1 one thing i would like to see possibly more license grades as i find that there are splits in the licence grades like there are the top F1's and the lower F1's and there are top f2's and lower F2's so maybe we could increase it to something like 10 forumlar grades. So you can be put into a more acurate group as if you put at a meeting that your an F3 if you where lowest f3 you could be put in with the highest f3 and possibly strugle.

Thoughs on this so possibly have f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10

so it would be like lee said top 15 are f1 then the next say 15 are f2 then so on all the way down wih suitable percentages or ammounts of people per licence grade.

What do you guys think???

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 17-08-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Doesn't the program already do this?
Might be wrong but i thought that if a 10sec penalty was applied the finishing time was shown as (for example) 13 laps - 317.65p.
However Stop/Go penalties are not seen by the program, as it is just an extra few secs on a lap.
I think it does do the Time penalties, but does it do things like warnings???

Also Marshalling penalties..

Either way, i think the idea of recording penalties is a good one... Whether it's manually done, or on the race program, we can work that out..
Old 17-08-2007
LeeOtard

ash, uve gone abit OTT with tht one.....5 is enough really i think.....
Old 17-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
I think it does do the Time penalties, but does it do things like warnings???

Also Marshalling penalties..

Either way, i think the idea of recording penalties is a good one... Whether it's manually done, or on the race program, we can work that out..
It shows Score corrections using a c after the time. The problem here may be that after a heat1 has finished,it is discovered that a lap has been missed from a car, so it is manually adjusted , so the time will show a correction. If a Marsahalling penalty were to be applied, then again, the time would have to be manually corrected and the adjusted time would show a c - unless a rework of the program was done, how would it differentiate between a missed lap correction and a marshalling penalty?
Over to Rob for that I think!!
Also, is a Warning a Penalty? I can see the point however, of recording Warnings, as 2 or 3 warnings could be turned into a 10sec or 1 lap penalty.
Old 17-08-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

I like the going omto the rostrum in order suggestion. Perhaps the refs should be a little more strict on shouting off there too? (it can be off putting)
Old 17-08-2007
Mad Member

I agree with the order on the rostrum for finals, but what about qualifying? It is not possible to be called up in turn for this because it would take too much time, but it WOULD be possible to divide the rostrum into ten equal segments (tape on the rail). The numbers 1-10 (stuck on a 2"x3") plastic carrier with a hole in it) could be placed in a bag and pulled out at random by the ref at the starts of each round and placed on hooks left to right under each segment. This would randomise the standing position for each round. This would prevent any pushing to get onto the rostrum first and prevent bunching up at one end which happens at some tracks.

?N
Old 17-08-2007
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

I disagree with the set places thing. There's certain places on the rostrum that I basically CAN'T race from and that has the potential to spoil my entire meeting. Also, changing position each round would be even worse from my point of view.
Old 17-08-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

maybe alter the rostrum position proposal.. to having the pole man chooseing the side he wishes to start, and the position on the rostrum. then the rest of the racers choose wherever they wish to stand instead of forceing them.

As said, some people can't see from certain angles, i'm prone to it my self on some tracks, for example.. bury metro, i cant see the end of the straight from the right hand side of the rostrum, barely in the middle. Also the same with southport, I cant see the last exit from the right side of the rostrum..

Make the pole man choose for him self, random for everyone else. win win.
Old 21-08-2007

One way to increase the number of people attending the AGM would be to hold it on the Friday or Saturday evening of the last National i.e. Stotford this year… just an idea, I’m sure there is a good reason why its not held at this time but it would make sense based on the numbers of people that will be in attendance that weekend.

This would only cover 1/10th huh, just thinking, so not great for all the others... ho hum
Old 21-08-2007
Mad Member

I like the idea of having a system for deciding where everyone stands on the rostrum. Be it random placing of numbers on the rostrum or simply first digs at where you want to stand based on your heat / final number.
It's fair for everyone and would stop the mad rush to get on the rostrum for your final, and the jiffling round between practice runs and qualifying.

Also like the idea of being able to get a grade through the end of year finals as Pidge suggested. Not sure on the top 15 being F1, as it could make for a large ability gap in other gradings unless the % for how you gained your licence were changed. However it could help out with increasing the numbers at the end of year finals.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!