Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 01-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Stu for the info

Gives me some ideas to transfer to my car fleet! lol

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 01-12-2011

Yes agree control tyre is not going to please all, but no one has set any dates or if this is going to happen the only reason it would have to be inforced is from top to bottom of the club if someone is allowed to run prime full spikes then they will do better than anyone they usally race with fact. i feel for sure anyone would if they tried a tyre that worked from new would be in favour but if they do not last then i will be the first to not recommend them, as i am not prepared to put a new set on every 1/2 weeks but if they are going to give good racing with a span of 4 weeks with no tweaking or timeless running in then GREAT !!!!
cheers
Old 01-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Cheers Stu for the info

Gives me some ideas to transfer to my car fleet! lol
any time buddy
Old 08-12-2011
Mad Member

just a tyre recap ran mini spikes again all last night the tyres have now done 10 runs and still going and are getting faster on the race track the setup is improving for the tyres.

I did see more drivers running them last night what do people think who have run them.

stu
Old 08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
just a tyre recap ran mini spikes again all last night the tyres have now done 10 runs and still going and are getting faster on the race track the setup is improving for the tyres.

I did see more drivers running them last night what do people think who have run them.

stu

hey dude they are not faster because you was down in 8th go back to full spikes an lets go back to racing im getting bored
Old 08-12-2011
Mad Member

yes mate i drove like a toffee last night i spent more time on my roof. yeah i could go back to full spikes and all the agro im got bored of messing around with them.

stu

oh it was 9th b final here i come yay.
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

tyre update the mini spikes i am running have now done 18 runs that is 4 half weeks racing and are still good. and the results are coming the car setup has altered from full spikes but all in all very good.

stu
Old 05-01-2012
Mad Member

hi

a tire update the mini spikes have now done 22 runs the pace is still there edd and myself were trading fastest laps all eve and our fastest run times were within a couple of seconds.

tyres are starting to get low i recon another week before its time for a new set but all in all very good.

the car setup has to be alltrerd to get the full potential, for ease of bolt on and race this is by far better than the full spikes.

each to there own however i think over the last couple of months i have proven there is an alternative to full spikes so if nothing else we all have some options in the tyre department.

stu
Old 05-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the feedback Stu, your car was looking ace last night.

I'v bought a set to try on the Pred for next week, looking forward to trying them out.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 05-01-2012
Mad Member

hi mark

you say that it could have been better i stupidly put the 1 degree hubs on the wrong side (school boy error) didn't realize until racing was over.

stu
Old 08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
hi

a tire update the mini spikes have now done 22 runs the pace is still there edd and myself were trading fastest laps all eve and our fastest run times were within a couple of seconds.

tyres are starting to get low i recon another week before its time for a new set but all in all very good.

the car setup has to be alltrerd to get the full potential, for ease of bolt on and race this is by far better than the full spikes.

each to there own however i think over the last couple of months i have proven there is an alternative to full spikes so if nothing else we all have some options in the tyre department.

stu

hey dude when you first put your mini spikes on i had a new set of full spikes as i wanted to do a test on how long they last i have still got a good few weeks in them so your killing tyres quicker than full spikes so i think that will put the cost of racing up as tyres are worn out
Old 08-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav4wd View Post
Must agree Stu.
i will also run them from now on except the winter series as prime full spikes are quicker.
But as proved last night no messing about running them in and still finished near the top, and they don't look to worn either strange that, but if they do only last 2/3 weeks then i may have to re think due to costs we will have to wait and see!
Stu when i arrived Ed was outside scrubbing so they must have been fair new.
James not going to get in a mass forum debate but you were for several weeks slagging full spikes off and saying we need something else and now you sound as though your not that intrested in changing.
People need to read threads as the trial of minispikes is in no way trying to find a quicker tyre all we are wanting FOR ALL is a hassle free tyre that people can pay there money and enjoy several weeks of racing and then buy anouther set and be as quick without 4/5 etc weeks of no grip.
We buy a full spike at the same money as a minispike then try as quick as poss to burn half the rubber off why!.
i for one can't be assed to argue on here, just going to do my own thing and for me the mini spkes are good if something else comes up and meets the requirements then i will watch in great intrest.
Mark setup, changed nothing on the car stuck medium inserts in may need a harder insert.

whoops sorry James missed your last post, what was i saying about reading posts.
hi edd can i just point this out as seen in bold. the point of the exercise is to have a competitive tire without spending any time scrubbing them in.

what has been proved however over the last couple of months you do not need to use full spikes to be competitive and again its easier to bolt on and go race.

im not saying lets not use full spikes im mearly pointing out you dont have too but you do need to change the car setup for them to give full potential.

stu
Old 08-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed:-)Kerry View Post
hey dude when you first put your mini spikes on i had a new set of full spikes as i wanted to do a test on how long they last i have still got a good few weeks in them so your killing tyres quicker than full spikes so i think that will put the cost of racing up as tyres are worn out
yes i would be killing quicker than full spikes my spikes are shorter to start with as for cost this is very minor and it would make you more money so win win

stu