Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

haha, scared of the truth eh.

what an idiot
Old 29-06-2009
LeeOtard

I may have to start coming to watch this region! sounds fun! hahah
Old 29-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

i want to know where Stan learnt comprehension

what have you been reading
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
i want to know where Stan learnt comprehension

what have you been reading
He's more intelligent than you think mate
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Although I wasn't able to attend yesterday's meeting, the events described in this thread just highlights why I am really starting to detest racing in the Mid-West region and to some degree at Nationals too.

There seems to be a lack of will from officials to punish those racers that blatently break rules, infact it seems that some officials actually go out of their way to help certain racers bend/break rules.

The world's gone mad!!!
Old 29-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
He's more intelligent than you think mate
i wouldnt go that far
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

This has gone far to far...

Can i just say my piece folks...

It was Heat 3 Round 4 and Phil Channon was ref..

Through most of the day it was Jamie followed by me.. in every round.. the only time i ever heard phil say something was firstly in rd 3 at the end of the run.. both myself and jamie didnt pull over in the designated stop of... we stopped just before the table top... after phil " told us " to.. watching other heats some peole carried on further than us?? we werent in anyones way and we would have stopped nearer to the rostrum so i / we could pick our cars up to go to our marshall points.. we never said anything, just stopped..

Round 4 my best run 12 lapper... 8th in round.. my car was spot on... and was following jamie round he made an error and i got past him... he was still behind me, i got through to get my 12 lapper... but Stu called Jamie as finished... i then spoke up and said to jamie as i wanted to know he knew i was still finishing.... " im still racing mate " that was it.. Jamie wasnt causing me any probs other than being close to me.. we had been courtious (sp?) to each other all day... my bottle went and my lines after realising i was on for a 12 lapper went to pot at the end of the straight and following corner.. next thing Phil pipes up and i have to say it shocked me... the tone of voice he used towards jamie supprised me... and i remember saying to myself theres no need to be like that.. i think Phil may have said it twice in that manner in succession.. it is unacceptable what Jamie said (it wasnt the f word at all... it began with a W and was said once maybe twice.. no one was threatened just the obsenity that was it) but considering the manner from phil i have to say it didnt supprise me but again unacceptable from Jamie..

I felt awful as i then thought it was my fault that it all started.. If i hadnt said something to make sure i knew that jamie new i was still racing nothing would have been said??

I dont know what happened after the event.. but i did voice what i said above to stuart.. i understand totally what we talked about..

Ive only been back racing again since july last year.. and have known jamie a while.. and we all have good banter between myself, Hurley, Pimlott, Bradbury etc.. so what some people have commented about i cant say?!

Anyway thats my piece..

I have to say im looking forward to Stoke next weeknd track looks fab!

Cheers

Nick
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Hi Nick

If someone was asked to stop, then why not stop? Why just keep going? If your unsure if you have finished or not then I have always felt you should keep going & maybe ask the ref if they know if you have finished or not.
To just ignore an official when you know you have finished is out of order anyway!

As for no F word there was & unless you were stood near to Jamie when he was marshaling you may not of heard the F words or the threat!

Maybe we should go back to having no refs & people just doing what they want?
Old 29-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think the car that got held up was mike elliot as he was being lapped and gt though for his 11th lap and was right behind jamie as he crossed the line and as jamie stopped mike ran into the back of him.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 29-06-2009

Lets put this thread to bed shall we?

An incident occurred, the Referee awarded a penalty, the penalty that the referee awarded was applied.
End of.

PLEASE.
Old 29-06-2009

Is this the same jamie that called one of our mates a bad parent stan? hes setting a good example of how to be a good parent now eh. I wasnt there but know how he has been speaking to alot of his so called mates recently (people do talk you know jamie) and its bang out of order. Someone was going to have to say something sooner or later you need to have a word with yourself son
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

No Stuart, you can't put this to bed on the basis that a ten second penalty is good enough, as it's hardly an isolated incident.

This continued decline in respect to the officials is in no doubt causing a number of racers to consider turning their back on the mid west region, me definitely being one of them. I absolutely can't stand the atmosphere of some of the meetings this year, and it's the same people that cause it

It will only get worse and worse, until a more severe punishment is applied. Let's put a stop to this now, anyone that swears at an official, regardless of the reasons, is sent home there and then. If they want to act like children, then treat them that way
Old 29-06-2009

It wouldnt happen(unpunished) at a national
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdodd View Post
Hi Nick

If someone was asked to stop, then why not stop? Why just keep going? If your unsure if you have finished or not then I have always felt you should keep going & maybe ask the ref if they know if you have finished or not.
To just ignore an official when you know you have finished is out of order anyway!

As for no F word there was & unless you were stood near to Jamie when he was marshaling you may not of heard the F words or the threat!

Maybe we should go back to having no refs & people just doing what they want?
Understand what you are saying mate... but i was just telling you the events from the rostram.. what ever went on after the race from marshalling points or what ever i wasnt aware of..

I dont know whats gone on in the past.. so cant comment..

Myself and the other lads who all pit together wouldnt know as we never really hang around you guys... but as far as i was aware i thought all you lot were mates..

Sorry if ive rattled cages but thats as i saw it..

So whos going to stoke on sunday?
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

There are 50 booked in so I should make the E....
Old 29-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
No Stuart, you can't put this to bed on the basis that a ten second penalty is good enough, as it's hardly an isolated incident.

This continued decline in respect to the officials is in no doubt causing a number of racers to consider turning their back on the mid west region, me definitely being one of them. I absolutely can't stand the atmosphere of some of the meetings this year, and it's the same people that cause it

It will only get worse and worse, until a more severe punishment is applied. Let's put a stop to this now, anyone that swears at an official, regardless of the reasons, is sent home there and then. If they want to act like children, then treat them that way
come race in wales Stan- bring that other X6 mid west famaily man with you- you know how much you loved tally

we dont swear by we do shag sheep- and most cant count to ten in let alone know what a 10second penalty is

can I just point one thing out- all this is going on on an open forum......every one with an RC car and an oople account now knows what happend in the mid west on sunday- what ever view thats had and what ever the result its not good for the "sport" having a 3 page open thread about the issue

think it might have been best to have stoped 2 pages ago-

I love you all
wasnt there
just my 2p

have fun and remember micheal jackson
Old 29-06-2009
BANNED

Quote:
remember micheal jackson
He was ace boss,

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 29-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

You forgot stay in school and dont take drugs...

Ive been in a situation which im not proud of at all, i swore at a official and regreted 0.5 of a second later. After i left the meeting i cried all the way back to the campsite i was staying at as i was ashamed of what i had done.

A

Quote:
come race in wales Stan- bring that other X6 mid west famaily man with you- you know how much you loved tally

we dont swear by we do shag sheep- and most cant count to ten in let alone know what a 10second penalty is

can I just point one thing out- all this is going on on an open forum......every one with an RC car and an oople account now knows what happend in the mid west on sunday- what ever view thats had and what ever the result its not good for the "sport" having a 3 page open thread about the issue

think it might have been best to have stoped 2 pages ago-

I love you all
wasnt there
just my 2p

have fun and remember micheal jackson

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!