Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 28-09-2013

Default Friday 27th

Really good racing this Friday. For once I had a trouble free meeting with my car. Paul C was a smidge too quick and crash free in the final. I made one mistake and got stuck on a hairpin barrier and had to be marshalled. That was it, enough to mean I ended up about 8 seconds back, in second yet again.

Well done Paul, very good, consistent drive. Well deserved.

Ben, in contrast, had another troubled meet. I got him a mardave thinking it would be simpler, cheaper and easier. The set-up seems a nightmare. First couple of heats it was almost completely undriveable, I couldn't get it round a lap myself, without hitting something or it spearing off in a random direction, so not a great car to give to a 6 year old. Got it a little better for latter hears and final, but still very hard work. What worries me most is that he is not going to enjoy it any more, if I can't get it sorted. So any help is welcome.

Cheers, see you soon, Andy
Old 02-10-2013

If you want I can take and set up for you, then tell you what needed to get it right
Old 03-10-2013

Hi Eric. Thanks very much for the offer. I might very well take you up on it.

We started getting a little closer towards the end of the meeting last week. I am going to give it one more week.

In the mean time I bought some new contact wheels and tyres, but they need bearings. Is it just a case of buying bearings from somewhere and it will fit, or have I bought the wrong wheels?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2013

Your stub axles won't fit bearings.they come as a kit.you have bought the wrong wheels .you can get contact wheels for you're stubs