Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-06-2015

Question steering channel issues on sanwa super exces

So I have a core Rc 5008 servo in both my LMP and GT12. I have a sanwa super excess transmitter that has been converted to use the frsky 2.4ghz hack system.

The issue I have is as follows:

The steering channel servo in my GT12 has much more linear control when moving right than left. The servo responds throughout the full range of the stick when it is moved right and yet when moved left the entire movement of the servo is in the first 30% or so of the stick, in effect leaving a large dead band and the extreme movement of the stick to the left.

I've tried resetting all trims, sub trims, expo etc etc and even erased the settings in the model memory hoping that would fix the problem...but no.

There seems to be much more movement of the servo to the right than left and it seems as though the seeco thinks it is centered when the stick is centre but in reality the servo is centered with a left hand bias.

In short...is there anyway of removing this 'memory' of left bias from.the servo and starting again? Thanks!
Martin
Old 12-06-2015

Cool

I should add that the transmitter works as it should with my LMP set up. So I don't believe it to be a problem with the transmitter.
Old 12-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are you using a different "model" memory for each car?
have you tried creating a new one?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-06-2015

Swap the servos between cars and see if problem follows the servo or not.
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 13-06-2015

Unhappy

I had created a different 'model' for each of the cars and tried creating a new one for the GT12 to see if that stopped the problem.. but no! still the same!

The problem now seems to have developed on my LMP too and I now actually think that its a problem with the steering potentiometer and will attempt to take this apart and clean it to see if that helps. Does anyone have experience of doing this?

If cleaning the 'pot' doesn't solve the problem would twisting it in its holder and using a 'new' neutral point help? Obviously, range of the pot would be reduced overall but I'm wondering if increasing the End Points would go some way to helping re-increase the range of steering and at least make the cars drivable!

I'm thinking out loud somewhat and thoughts/input welcomed as always!

M
Old 13-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

so its only one servo that you have this problem with?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Could you possibly post a vid?
Some times the cars steering needs the servo horn place just off centre to give the same throw both sides,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 15-06-2015

Talking

I've sorted it! Win! :-) I think that the issue was the pot had twisted round in its holder somehow...maybe after a recent incident the transmitter had with the floor? Ooops!

So i twisted back round and it now has full linear movement left and right on both models. Thanks for the input everyone! Case closed!