Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 10-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As I won't be doing nationals this year I'm not going to get too involved with this thread other than to say speak to GingerFixIt (Andy Bell) on here. Having raced at both Worksop (last years indoors) and Newbury (MK GP plus several others) I feel, and it is only my opinion, that theflow of the jumps at Newbury is vastly superior to anything else I have raced on (certainly indoors).

Might be worth a quick chat with Lee Martin too.

Andy will point you at the formulas used to create the perfect kicker and landing area for a given jump, all based on MotoX data.

The comment about making too sided features is also valid, the qualities of a good kicker and a good landing area are VERY different.

Just my 2 pence worth.
Old 10-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Building jumps can be trial and error.
You should get them built well before the National and have your local drivers try them and then adjust them till they are right.

Or you could get Alan Hart to try them and if he can jump them they will be ok!!!!, oh and please tell him I said this when you see him!!!
Old 10-02-2009

Default Jumps

Before you jump into making jumps, think about how robust they will need to be, 120 drivers doing about 13 laps 5 times on saturday and 5 times on sunday, your up ramp is going to get hit by a 1.5kilo car 15600 times!!, last year not suprisingly one of your jumps failed in 4wd causing lee martins car to rear up and land badly breaking the rear end, now the end result did not decide the championship but it could have done. in my opinion you have a flat grass track so use it as that, no one wants to see an obstacle course or some random car reaction caused by a "feature". there are 6 tracks to decide the championship, a fast flowing grass track would be ok.
Old 10-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Mike you have openned a can of worms as race co-ordinator im in charge of track design and if there are any jumps that are not fit i will be first there with my can of petrol and a match. Dont worry guys this years national track will be the best there has been.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Mike you have openned a can of worms as race co-ordinator im in charge of track design and if there are any jumps that are not fit i will be first there with my can of petrol and a match. Dont worry guys this years national track will be the best there has been.

A
tell me your joking

please

please
Old 10-02-2009

havent had any complaints yet.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 10-02-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Just one so far ash... It's above your head
Old 10-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Come one guys, lets play nice, how about everyone helping Ash and the Oswestry guys make it a top track! (which I realise you did Modelimages!!)

The only thing I didn't like about last years was the double/triple or whatever it was, just found it too steep!
Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Don't worry all.... I was speaking with Phil Channon on Sunday and he has some good ideas for it (or so he mentioned!)
Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Come one guys, lets play nice, how about everyone helping Ash and the Oswestry guys make it a top track! (which I realise you did Modelimages!!)

The only thing I didn't like about last years was the double/triple or whatever it was, just found it too steep!
i think a track should be fast flowing with a technical section central to the rostrum just beyond the straight with passing points ie hairpins the jumps doubles triples etc no stupid half pipes the tabletop from a couple of years a go was good and the kicker triple was good. listen the racers but make you own mind up its your stage to shine on
Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Building jumps can be trial and error.
You should get them built well before the National and have your local drivers try them and then adjust them till they are right.

Or you could get Alan Hart to try them and if he can jump them they will be ok!!!!, oh and please tell him I said this when you see him!!!

DC I like your thinking my mate, especially as I class myself as local and will gladly get involved in 'legal' practise
Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Track: Nice flowing track with various jumps on a bed of shaven grass, lovely bright track marking and plenty of spectator areas. This is no normal grass track, this is the Ozfest track!!

Anyway.....

My own view do what you guys like as it is your place and you earnt yourself the national, unless anyone on here is gonna help you build it then i personally don't think much can be said!!!!!

But.........

Please, please, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can you get a higher trailer or a rostrum made from scaffold as it is a real arse to see the track properly... Trailer - Not that high + Track - that goes up a hill = struggle on the eyes.

Apart from that i am looking forward to racing on the different variations of tracks this year... We will all moan about 1 or 2 tracks im sure but.... lets enjoy what we spend out money on and let the best man win. 6 chances for everyone.
Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
i think a track should be fast flowing with a technical section central to the rostrum just beyond the straight with passing points ie hairpins the jumps doubles triples etc no stupid half pipes the tabletop from a couple of years a go was good and the kicker triple was good. listen the racers but make you own mind up its your stage to shine on
Haven't you just discribed last years track????
Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
DC I like your thinking my mate, especially as I class myself as local and will gladly get involved in 'legal' practise
You need it
Old 10-02-2009

On the rostrum situation we might not be using the trailer this year as we have telfords rostrum the one they used for there national. So this hopefully will be high enough if not maybe we should put this on top of a trailer

A

Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bish_ View Post
You need it

Tony, Tony, Tony, now that is not very nice is it........ (i.e. you just wait until the F2's)

I believe you may also be lending your expert skills to the set-up of the National?? I will see you there!
Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Tony, Tony, Tony, now that is not very nice is it........ (i.e. you just wait until the F2's)

I believe you may also be lending your expert skills to the set-up of the National?? I will see you there!
It was there so had to be taken.
Wont be there on that weekend due to having the honeymoon suite on mine and Kays first wedding anniversary
I Bet i see you before.
Old 10-02-2009

WHAT bish

A

Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
WHAT bish

A
Its Free
Old 10-02-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bish_ View Post
It was there so had to be taken.
Wont be there on that weekend due to having the honeymoon suite on mine and Kays first wedding anniversary
I Bet i see you before.

Was that the one that looked as good as sleeping outside in the rough??

I'm sure will see me before - when were you thinking of racing really off road cars and not Micro Machines??