Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 23-11-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie Top Force
Default Release Egress Any time Soon

http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...ajra/index.htm

It's a monster truck Avante - but it has many Egress parts. Suspension arms, diffs etc.
Old 23-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Lots of nice components on that truck, and then crappy shocks. Wtf?

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 23-11-2011

This thing is so ugly, i donīt understand why they release something that looks just like nothing- big nono Tamiya
Old 23-11-2011
Administrator

Straaaaange!
Old 23-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I guess the re-re Avante hasn't been selling too well and they have lots of plastic parts to get rid of!
Old 24-11-2011
Mad Member

It's been out a while but I don't expect they have sold many - check out the price of it.
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-v...roducts/365820

Knowing Tamiyas rereleases it's anyone's guess if they will bring out the Egress. After releasing the Hotshot in 2007 they have just got around to rereleasing the Supershot, while usually a second rerelease on any chassis followed within 6 months and that was it. You can hang on to see if the Egress is released, the parts are used for the Vajra but there's no guarantee it will appear. Strangely enough there aren't that many parts shared between the Avante rerelease and the Vajra, the longer chassis, diffs, centre one way, steering setup and suspension arms are all Egress parts and not Avante.

If someone is desperate to get an Egress to run, the cheap way is to find an original, the vintage cars are only expensive compared to the rereleases if you really want it still in the box.
Alternatively wait until the Vajra is being sold off cheap to shift the unsold stock as no shop is going to sell out of them, change the shocks, wheels and body and you're done.
Old 24-11-2011
Super Moderator

Can an Egress expert tell us if the chassis is the same as the Egress? What other parts are pure Egress?

Anyone seen parts for sale?

G
Old 24-11-2011
Super Moderator

In fact, looking again, the chassis is nothing like an Egress Anyone know where I can get an Egress chassis?
Old 24-11-2011

I used to be an Egress expert, this was 3 years ago though. From what i can see from the pics i surely know that Tamiya used a different kind of Carbon on the old Egress. AND this is the most important thing: These plates used on the Vajra are Carbon AVANTE plates not the Egress plates. Note: the Avante has a big upper and a small Lower deck, the Egress has a big lower and a small Upper deck. So the Vajra is basically a Hopped up Avante Chassis, the steering is from the Egress but it was also available for the Avante as a Hop Up. The Egress and the Vanquish and the Avante2001 had the rear sort of wishbones, the Avante had different ones with Aluminium Ball Ends.
Old 24-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Can an Egress expert tell us if the chassis is the same as the Egress? What other parts are pure Egress?

Anyone seen parts for sale?

G
This new truck might not have the same chassis as the Egress (or re-release Avante), but it shares the suspension arms, which haven't been seen since the Avante 2001. It also has ball diffs, which were only ever released in the Egress on this chassis variation. The Avante's and Vanquish all had gear diffs with a Centre ball diff. The Egress had front and rear ball diffs with a centre one way bearing. If you're looking at restoring an Egress the suspension parts and diffs just got a hole lot cheaper!

A raced both a fully hopped up Vanquish and an Egress when they were released originally.
Old 24-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Top Force View Post
This new truck might not have the same chassis as the Egress (or re-release Avante), but it shares the suspension arms, which haven't been seen since the Avante 2001. It also has ball diffs, which were only ever released in the Egress on this chassis variation. The Avante's and Vanquish all had gear diffs with a Centre ball diff. The Egress had front and rear ball diffs with a centre one way bearing. If you're looking at restoring an Egress the suspension parts and diffs just got a hole lot cheaper!

A raced both a fully hopped up Vanquish and an Egress when they were released originally.

Itīs right, only the Dual Ball diff and torque Splitter set was available for the Avante as a Hop Up back in the days and has been released by Tamiya. So if itīs only about the diffs and the One way you can buy that rereleased Set and not the whole kit.

Please let me know how you got on with the fully Hopped up Vanquish and Egress back in the days? Never heard experiences from a racer, only ever collectors told me about it. I raced an Egress for about a year on my hometrack but i had not comeptition thatīs why i canīt say anything about racing an Egress.
Old 24-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
It's been out a while but I don't expect they have sold many - check out the price of it.
How much?
Can't see them flying out the door anytime soon
Old 24-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muratti View Post
AND this is the most important thing: These plates used on the Vajra are Carbon AVANTE plates not the Egress plates. Note: the Avante has a big upper and a small Lower deck, the Egress has a big lower and a small Upper deck.
To be correct, the chassis is unique to the Vajra. It is the same style as the Avante, but it has been stretched the give the same wheelbase is the Egress.
Old 24-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
To be correct, the chassis is unique to the Vajra. It is the same style as the Avante, but it has been stretched the give the same wheelbase is the Egress.
Interesting
Old 24-11-2011

Northy i bought this off ebay, ally rather than carbon, however it has extra holes driled so you can fit modern lipo packs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-ta...item20b5a4272e

in black they look the part the gold is a bit naff

X4TE
X2C
Old 24-11-2011

Also the forward mounting points for the rear wishbones are differant. On the egress and avante 2001, you have to attach a reinforcing plate, counter sunk screw which then has a steel reinforcer bolted over the top and with a second bolt furthur forward.

If anyone wants to get an egress chassis part set made up i would happily loan all the parts needed.

I have fitted mine with the shocks from a 511x however the front shock tower needs a redesign for this to work properly as the tower is too short to get a decent range of travel, the angles are just all wrong.
Just spotted the front lower shock mounting point is a copy of the avante 2001 rather than the origanol egress offset mounts which move the pick up point inboard and lower.

X4TE
X2C
Old 25-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by muratti View Post
Itīs right, only the Dual Ball diff and torque Splitter set was available for the Avante as a Hop Up back in the days and has been released by Tamiya. So if itīs only about the diffs and the One way you can buy that rereleased Set and not the whole kit.

Please let me know how you got on with the fully Hopped up Vanquish and Egress back in the days? Never heard experiences from a racer, only ever collectors told me about it. I raced an Egress for about a year on my hometrack but i had not comeptition thatīs why i canīt say anything about racing an Egress.
My Egress when new:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...3346&sid=33946

After a club race season:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...9029&sid=33946

Both the Vanquish and Egress went well at our local club events. I won the 1991 Kempsey Club Racing season out right, whilst my brother running the Vanquish came second. The Vanquish was fully upgraded with Carbon Chassis and Avante 2001 body. I liked the Avante 2001 body so much it found its way onto the Egress! The only way you could pick the difference between the cars is the front shock layout. On the Vanquish they were laid down, whereas the Egress, they stood more upright.

The Kempsey club ran indoors on a concrete skate ring with wooden jumps and fire hoses (full of sand) to mark out the track. We ran on a Tuesday night. Each night we had a different track and no practice time. Made things interesting! The skate ring also doubled as a basket ball court, so that made for entertainment between rounds, while the nicads charged.

Competition was (besides my brother with the Vanquish) an Avante, Kyosho's ZXR's and older Optimer's.

Offroad - I also ran the Egress at other race meetings outdoors on dirt and clay. It made racing news at one of the first Interclub meets Taree vs Newcastle vs Central Coast, as it came 2nd in 4wd Modified to one Australia's top runners at the time from Newcastle Club driving a Yokomo. The Egress was the only car in that class on the day to consistently finish on the same lap as the Newcastle hero.

Running for Taree though literally killed the Egress. It was a terrible track, extremely dusty. So dusty by the end of the first race, your rear bearings were seized, even the blue tamiya 'sealed' versions. What ever car I ran, after each race all the bearing were flushed in shellite and re-oiled.

In 1992 I moved to the Top Force and stopped racing at Taree. Later in 1992 I ran a 2nd hand Yokomo 91; 1993 a Yokomo Works 1993 and eventually a 1994 YZ-10. I sold the Vanquish and Egress to finance the Works 93.
Old 25-11-2011

very nice report. Many thanks for that. I always like to read how thew old ones performed in comparison to the Yokomos and Kyoshos