Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi250 View Post
Hi Andy,

I was at Telford yesterday too and have a similar setup to you and I'm using associated black grease in my gear diff too.

The setup seemed to go well in the dry but when it got wet for the final my car became undrivable, only the slightest touch of the throttle would spin the car around, whereas in the dry it was very stable and wasn't oversteering at all.

I was running the same tyres as you and even backed the slipper off before my wet run.

Any thoughts on what I may have got wrong?

Personally weight is a key to the car from personal experience with the car. What battery formation are you running? I run stubby across the back and it gives me enough grip in the dry and the wet. I have run saddles as well across the chassis and thought that if I was to run them more then would need to add weight in front of the motor behind the batteries. In terms of weight you are talking around 50-60g. I have ran mine in wet conditions over the winter and have never seamed to struggle for rear end grip with this set up.

Also make sure that everything is running free and ensure that the diff has enough grease in it. Think mine has the grease filling well over the diff gears.

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite
Old 22-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

Wes,thats the first thing make sure with the black grease you have the diff packed right out,i ran my wet saddle setup all day and the car was planted in both the wet and dry conditions

I run,front 32.5 with blue losi springs,rear 27.5 losi yellow springs,60g plate along the length of the lipo tray and 50g in front of the motor,me and Andy both use a 35g plate i made in front of the servo,we found with the saddle setup you have to run alot more weight than with the shorty or stick layout.

If your doing the Kidderminster summer series come over and we will see what we can do to help you out,i will also have another version of the H2 that im working on at the minute so could have another option to try if all goes well
Old 22-04-2013

If you are at the kiddy summer series in a few weeks or at the next regional bring the car over and we can have a look to see if there is a problem as personally the set up that you were running wasn't far off what we were running so wondering if there is possibly a failure somewhere.

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite
Old 22-04-2013

Thanks very much both. I'll come and see you next time. Just out of interest do you know where I can get larger tubs of associated black grease rather than the tiny little tubes?

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3
Old 23-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi250 View Post
I was running red associated springs up front and yellow losi springs on the rear, saddle pack across the chassis with 40g under lipos and another 20g just in front of the motor. I wondered if I haven't packed enough grease into the diff and its running loose?
That's fairly close to mine except I also have 30g in the nose. So not sure what your problem may be.
Pop over and I'm sure one of us can take a look. It did go slippy in the final though.
Old 23-04-2013

Gentlemen, your help please.

I'm struggling with on power understeer particularly coming out of corners.

I'm running indoor on carpet with almost the same set up as Madmax used at Southport.
The differences are my rear shocks are on the bottom outside hole and front shocks are on the bottom inner hole.
Also I am using mini pins on the back and cut staggers on the front.

Will moving the shock position help with the understeer? Or am I actually just being heavy handed with the throttle?

Many thanks for any help.
Old 27-04-2013

So I packed the diff with grease after last Sunday and went back to Telford last night for a club night. The first ruin was in the dry and it was awesome. Then it rained and in the 2nd run it was undrivable again, I had the slipper backed right off and it still wanted to spin around every time I touched the throttle.

Frustrating!

I'm going to try more weight behind the lipos in future.

Associated B5M, Team C TC02C, Team Durango DEX410v3