Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 19-12-2013

Default Hyper H2 pro views??

I'm possibly in the market for a new 2wd and saw this

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-h2...roducts/372141

Looks a great kit for the money, was just wondering what you guys think of the car, also what are parts costs, support etc like in the UK.
Old 19-12-2013
Mad Member

try MB models in leeds they were doing a fair bit cheaper than that and stock spares

some losi22 parts are direct fit
dave
Old 19-12-2013

Parts support is good (CML as distributor does a good job) and they are quite cheap. It's a v.good car for the money, that can be v.competitive when setup and driver right. Has tolerated my poor driving v.well.
As above, if you do buy one new, buy one from MB (or used there is a few for sale).
Old 19-12-2013

I have ran one all this season and I carnt fault it, their are a few mods you need to do but that is the same with any car out their.
you best bet is to get one if you need a set up we are all here to help.
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 19-12-2013

Thanks guys, found one at wheelspin an mb models for £119 so am sorely tempted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I have ran one all this season and I carnt fault it, their are a few mods you need to do but that is the same with any car out their.
you best bet is to get one if you need a set up we are all here to help.

What sort of mods are needed??
Old 19-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
Thanks guys, found one at wheelspin an mb models for £119 so am sorely tempted.

What sort of mods are needed??
Crush tubes in rear hubs. Front wheels tend to fly off easily, I use a long bolt through the hub with washer and nut to keep front wheels on. Manual is wrong in places. Rear shock shafts are a bit short (unscrew shock eyelet for more droop). Really good car for the money!

On a side note does anyone know if the inner camber link height is set at neutral? No inner camber link washers mentioned in manual. The Losi 22 has 2mm as standard this car has none as standard, should I raise it to 2mm?? Thanks!
Old 19-12-2013

Iv ran this all season and I will say it's faultless quality performance for the price and materials used on the kit it is strong and for the money you cant beat it its very good. Iv used kit spring most of the season and they work fine corner speed speed is good as well as the steering it's very quick. Going on the jumps it's just as good and straight line speed is fas in my view this car is just as good as your kyoshos , Durango. Ect I was racing this car 3 races before the Batley supercup qualified 9th and finished 2nd that's the best result iv had with this car so far.

yrcmcrc 2011 TC electric
club champion
Old 20-12-2013

Few more mods/ things with the h2. Adjusting the anti squat blocks is a bit of a black art. It seems to be happiest with 3 degrees in mid motor config - more details on this in this hobao forum. Rear shock tower should be rounded side facing toward the front of the car with shocks placed to the rear of the wishbones in mid motor.

In mid motor, 4 gear tranny is best config, keeps motor in normal direction , not reverse! This is all missing from the manual.

I had problems with the front bulkhead tweaking slightly from an impact, causing the steering to go out. Fixed this by putting some thin rubber (party balloon) between aluminum chassis and plastic kick up shim to keep it from twisting.

Still a good car! All the mods are easy to do!
Old 20-12-2013

Brilliant thanks guys.
Also are there any hop ups that are essential?? I've seen a few option parts on sites. Any good or are they just bling??
Old 20-12-2013
Mad Member

From Standard mine has losi front hex bolts to hold the wheels on, Losi 22 drive shafts as the kit ones have had some failures and the losi driveshaft are a straight swap, crush tubes, i made mine from old 4x5x10 bearings and broke them down to use the center from them.

I built mine wrong from day 1 regarding the rear wishbones direction, and the drive shafts and wishbones are straigher coming from the gearbox and when i notice and tried it the correct way i found it miles better the wrong way.
Grub screw the rear hinge pin in the hub.

I used a 8mm drill bit to drill by hand some of the center of the diff case to allow a shock o ring to be a better seal.

May layout has only ever been shorty and i have not found the need for changing it.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
From Standard mine has losi front hex bolts to hold the wheels on, Losi 22 drive shafts as the kit ones have had some failures and the losi driveshaft are a straight swap, crush tubes, i made mine from old 4x5x10 bearings and broke them down to use the center from them.

I built mine wrong from day 1 regarding the rear wishbones direction, and the drive shafts and wishbones are straigher coming from the gearbox and when i notice and tried it the correct way i found it miles better the wrong way.
Grub screw the rear hinge pin in the hub.

I used a 8mm drill bit to drill by hand some of the center of the diff case to allow a shock o ring to be a better seal.

May layout has only ever been shorty and i have not found the need for changing it.
How does the rear wish bone flipping make the car drive? I'm interested in doing this, but was worried it would make the car too long?
Old 20-12-2013

great replies guys.

Are any of the fancy alloy orange parts worth it?? or the lightened diff out drives?
Old 20-12-2013

Great replies guys thanks.

Are any of the fancy orange parts, Alloy hubs, carriers etc any good or just bling.
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Great replies guys thanks.

Are any of the fancy orange parts, Alloy hubs, carriers etc any good or just bling.
I would say just bling. You get Orange rear toe blocks and motor plate in the pro kit. The other bits are pricey, they may take out some of the slop but there are other and much cheaper ways to do that.
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookieewonder View Post
I would say just bling. You get Orange rear toe blocks and motor plate in the pro kit. The other bits are pricey, they may take out some of the slop but there are other and much cheaper ways to do that.
Thanks mate. Looks like its pretty good to go in kit form.
Old 20-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookieewonder View Post
How does the rear wish bone flipping make the car drive? I'm interested in doing this, but was worried it would make the car too long?
It stops the car from having to much forward drive due to the angle of the driveshafts thus giving you power on steering but still enough drive for high grip indoor astro and outdoor mid/high grip astro(weather dependant)

I do have front sx3 alloy 12.5 degree blocks so the camber link is as long as it can be, and the 20degree front bulkhead shim.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 21-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
It stops the car from having to much forward drive due to the angle of the driveshafts thus giving you power on steering but still enough drive for high grip indoor astro and outdoor mid/high grip astro(weather dependant)

I do have front sx3 alloy 12.5 degree blocks so the camber link is as long as it can be, and the 20degree front bulkhead shim.
Just the job! Thanks for the advice, been looking for more on power steering, been racing on indoor carpet for the winter and too much rear end grip has been causing on power push. Will give this a go. Prob change it back when outdoor if damp though!
Old 21-12-2013

Quote:
great replies guys.

Are any of the fancy alloy orange parts worth it?? or the lightened diff out drives?

?The car itself is worth buying in terms of price and performance you want to just give the car a try first pal then if you think its worth putting the fancy parts on then go for it

yrcmcrc 2011 TC electric
club champion
Old 22-12-2013

Quote:
great replies guys.

The orange parts look nice but the car comes with the essential ones as standard. It also comes with the lightened diff outdrives as standard so don't waste your money on them.
Plenty of Losi 22 parts fit the car including the rear hubs which eliminates the play that the hobao ones have.

Hobao H2 Pro
Team Associated B4.1 FT
Ko Propo
Old 22-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercoolnothing View Post
The orange parts look nice but the car comes with the essential ones as standard. It also comes with the lightened diff outdrives as standard so don't waste your money on them.
Plenty of Losi 22 parts fit the car including the rear hubs which eliminates the play that the hobao ones have.

Great info thanks mate, I'll knock the outdrives off the list.

I am definitely coming round to this car more and more. I think the Mad Monkey will be staying stock and this will become my race car as it seems to have much more tuning opportunities.