Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 21-03-2011

Default Not car related just want u thoughts on this>>>

Right ive just in are office in work with boss and 1 person is going to be made redundant soon!!!
So my boss has come up this idea so no one gets shown the door..
Here the catch as some know buds,matt that am a goodhgv driver and been at my current job 10 months,my boss has given me the option of moving to machester depot same distance to travel as were am based.
Or stay were i am now (chorley) and one of the lads i work with will be made redundant,boss has already said my job is safe....
If i stay the conversation ive just had with my boss never happened if u get me drift...soooo

Option 1 move to manchester,more hours,not been told wat i'll be doing yet!!but know one will be shown the door (at chorley)
Option 2 Stay were i am,and keep the job that i enjoy and bye bye to a fellow worker....only 13 lads there and one is close to being kicked anyways,and the lad in question if he was given the choice i know he would stay....

I would never want to see anyone losing there job,put hey its me against the world so might be selfish on this one and stay putt wat u reckon???

Oh yeah reason why ive been asked to move there am the only one that lives near manchester and boss just thinking about not letting anyone go this is the only option....mmm
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

I think your boss is very clever and maybe a little devious.
He should not put you in that position.

Do what is best for you but expect the decision you make now to be brought up in the future.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 21-03-2011

It does sound a rather complicated situation that you are in, and unfortunate for somebody, possibly.

If by you moving to Manchester prevents someone from being made redundant, is does sound a good option, on the face of it. However, the drawbacks will be;-
1) You will have a longer commute time each day
2) Your petrol costs will increase as a result of 1)
3) What will you be doing at Manchester? Will you still enjoy it?
4) Will the new Manchester bosses know your excellent trach record etc or will you just become a number at this depot.

It sounds like your bosses at Chorley do appreciate you as a driver and have unofficially told you that your job will be secure. If you decided to stay at Chorley, it sounds like one of the other lads will be made redundant.

What I would do? Well I would stay at Chorley for all the reasons why manchester might not be such an attractive offer. Also, with the redundancy process, the other lads will not, or should not, find out the scoring criteria that the bosses will use to decide who is the unfortunate one. Therefore, only you will feel guilty if another lad gets the push but I am sure people will move on and will not blame anyone. Redundancy is so common at the moment.

Do not feel guilty for any decisions that you make, it is a process that you have no real control of.

Best of luck

Graham
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

If you stay at chorley can the person who will be made redundant not get the chance to go to manchester? Not good for you mate do what is best for you.
Old 21-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post

Do what is best for you but expect the decision you make now to be brought up in the future.

I think Neil has hit the nail on the head.

You should not have been put in this position.
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

you should also take into account the possibility that if you changed depot`s and there were to be redundancies there,then your job may not be secure at that depot.
Old 21-03-2011
Mad Member

Sounds fishy to me mate I should imagine you are the newest driver at the chorley depot and have only been there 10mths so by rights you should be the cheapest and easiest to get rid of I question you bosses reasoning as to why he gave you the heads up

Ask yourself if you changed workplaces would you have to sign a new contract of employment ? I assume so

Stay where you are mate bollocks to anyone else your not a muskateer in real life it's Everyman for themselves !!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 21-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post

my thoughts as well...
As buds says new contract,new boss didnt sign up for that and wats even worst ill be covering spare drivers so have to learn area,routes etc
The more i think about the more am swaying towards staying were i am.i worked hard and not my fault business is slack,Am not moving for anyone,thing is am also not last thro the door.
Old 21-03-2011

The redundancy critera is sickness,accident nowt to do with last in first out so all good there my record on all them is 100%.
1 lad has poorer than poor record and lets people down week in week out so looks like hard look for him then!!!!
Old 21-03-2011

Stay put and then start looking elsewhere for a job because if they start making people redundant there is only one way the company is going. times are hard and its getting worse out there
Old 21-03-2011
Banned

stay where you are, that be my decision!