Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 06-04-2011
Gypsy Member

Default vandals cctv track protection

thought a seperate thread was in order . the other can just have nice updates of rog
ok so we have a new track but the same old vandal problem
now to me it seems the vandals over 20 - 25 years have tried to ruin our track occasionally but not every week sometimes it will be fine for months/years . and the worst type of vandalisum seems to be to the rostron/cabins the fencing and worst of all burning the track and lifting astro allthough this is not that often its the worst offence as it actually affects racing directly
in order to address these issues woody has suggested a fully sealed rostron ( container ) with a flip up front or lockable doors so no more sleeping / drinking / fingering shelter for little idiots to shelter from the harsh weather. this will help loads i am sure
the fence will have to do . i have seen 5 yr old kids scaling the 12 ft high fence round the footballers astro reglular . unless its electric , they will get in
however , how much damage is done to the actual track ( apart from burning ) cannot be much . its all stone and chippings and sand and astro . a bmx can ride over it without much damage kids feet wont hurt it broken glass can be cleaned up. i no non are wanted but they are not to terrible i the grand scale of things
now for the more serious vandalisum, fence smashing and track burning
i am suggesting good cctv with infra red sensor so it only activates when someone steps on the track . possibly with a floodlight to
tyson is a cctv expert and ex commitee member so hes our man
we will nver stop vandals/kids messing on the track BUT if we have good quality cctv proof to hand to the police ( not community joke officers ) then people can be prosecuted for arson ect . the kids live within walking distance of the track the local cops will no faces , espsecially of the worst offenders
its all good saying when i catch them little shits ill......whatever
but the truth is we dont really no who is doing what and will probley end up getting arrested ourselves for gripping a innocent chav with his cider .
with cctv we can prove whos been on the track and target the offenders
we will also be able to see whos been practising and watch any roaming badgers like spring watch..
the cctv camera can be put in a welded cage,/ polycarbonate box on the cabin so its pretty hard to destroy and maybe one one the brick building , so it covers and protects the entire track . but only activates when someone enters over the fence or is within a few feet of the track .
i think this is the best way . vandalisum can never be 100% stopped but decent signs and detterents help and cctv proof secures convitions if any serious incidents occur.
any ideas please add
and a fundraiser for cctv equipment and shippoing container could be useful
how about the GOSHEN 300 . 300 min (5 hr) endurance race . with teams . like kieghtly run . it will give every one a good chance to session the new track . get a good few teams from the north to come race .
the amount of interest this new tracks got we will probly be able to pay for a permanant security guard never mind cctv
Old 06-04-2011
Banned

I think that would be a great idea! I would be up for the Goshen 300
Old 06-04-2011

This sounds like a brilliant idea. My sisters fiance works for chubb security so i may be able to sort sumthing out with tht not promissin anythin tho. You could also use the cctv as a live webcast of the weekends racing on the website.
Old 06-04-2011

You'll have to pay GMP a fee as well though I'd guess. That's not gonna be cheap!
Old 06-04-2011
Mad Member

The cost of the CCTV unit and recording equipment is horrendous also CCTV can't see through a hood or balaclavas trust me I know

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 06-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to bandit

Great post bud

In regards to cctv and ip camera with a simcard in it can be had for not a great deal of monies compared to a professional cctv setup. All itneeds is power and it can be watched fromany browser via a password.
Ihave similar for home security and can see what my pets get up to when im out at work.
Motion detection comes built in .
Worth a look even ebay has loads for not alot of money considering how effective they actually are.
Old 06-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

CCTV won't stop a determined thief (as Dave said it can't see through hoodies) but we aren't dealing with determined thieves, just bored kids.

Removing the shelter will help. Likewise, the new location is a lot more visible from the main gate.

Cameras may or may not actually help. Fake ones would probably be as much actual use!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 06-04-2011
Thieving scumbag

sorry to hijack have you thought maybe like si coe says a fake camara in the perspex box bit also a 500w halogen flood light on a pir sensor that would deter most people if they get a flood light come on along with the camara up and also signs saying the track has CCTV
Old 06-04-2011

will the track be open to practice during the week when finished or will it be taken as tresspassing it cought on cctv ?
Old 06-04-2011
Stu-Perstar

There is no track during the week as it is a blank peice of astro and on race days we will bring the track out. If you want to go up and down a peice of astro then please do not brake my fence as I know now who it will be! LOL
Old 06-04-2011

I agree i think try the fake idea first to see if it helps stop the little thugs
Old 06-04-2011

"I have similar for home security and can see what my pets get up to when im out at work."

That is sick!!! There is a word for that sort of pervy antics
Old 06-04-2011

I think we will never be able to stop the chavs from entering or hanging around at the track as they have no where else to drink their cheak plonk. I do think we should minimise our risk to vandalism through the following already made suggestions

1) Restrict access to rostrum
2) Floodlights for the sensitive areas ie race control cabin
3) Fake CCTV plus signage
4) Keep it open access. Kids will always try to enter areas where they are restricted (just like married life!!!)
5) Maybe have some litter bins there for their bottles rather than throwing onto track etc

I am in Frnace this week drinking nice beer and eating very expensive wine, so some latest pics would be great to see
Old 06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
There is no track during the week as it is a blank peice of astro and on race days we will bring the track out. If you want to go up and down a peice of astro then please do not brake my fence as I know now who it will be! LOL
the track thats bein built out side next to goshen the astro is down with sand over the top i dont get how you bring the track out when the bumps and jumps are fitted to the ground 0_o
Old 06-04-2011
Mad Member

What he meant was track markings which without there is no track because it's just a big patch of astro with bumps here and there underneath then again since your A nitro driver you will be happy with that

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 23-04-2011

Best hope none of the little b*******S are on this forum