Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-11-2012
Mad Member

soo is it only problem on the "s" / "r" esc then , is the pro problem free ??

And going thro all the booklet they give you with the "r " none of it says 7.5-10.5t on the stock01 software ... it all says its targeted at 4.5-10.5t ..
Old 12-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun m View Post
soo is it only problem on the "s" / "r" esc then , is the pro problem free ??

And going thro all the booklet they give you with the "r " none of it says 7.5-10.5t on the stock01 software ... it all says its targeted at 4.5-10.5t ..

I think this is the pdf you are talking about
http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...structions.pdf

But I believe this is a global guide lines set out for the Stock1 Profile.
The limits of the ESC then must be applied, so if you are using:

The Reventon R the Profile is for 7.5-10.5 Motors
The Reventon Pro the Profile is for 4.5-10.5 Motors
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 12-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
I think this is the pdf you are talking about
http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...structions.pdf

But I believe this is a global guide lines set out for the Stock1 Profile.
The limits of the ESC then must be applied, so if you are using:

The Reventon R the Profile is for 7.5-10.5 Motors
The Reventon Pro the Profile is for 4.5-10.5 Motors
yeah that pdf is the same as i have , and it also says that on my sp booklet , can't find anywhere where it says you cant use a 5.5t on stock software ...

I emailed schumacher , and they suggest turning the lipo cutoff and temp settings off and try that , and never said using that size motor is a problem with the boosted software ...
Old 14-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmerlin View Post
Just put one in my son's X2C with a LRP 7.5T motor. He ran it last Saturday at Silverstone and loved it. He said it was very smooth and mental on the straight compared to his old Novak GTB. Motor and ESC were cool. This was using MOD1 software, zero timing and DDRS on 5. LED box worked fine for us although I agree the LCD box would be better. Maybe 5.5T motor is too close to the ESC's limit.
Ran again last night. Checked temps after every run. Motor was 65 and ESC 55 so no problems so far
Old 14-11-2012

Update - I've ran the SP Reventon -R for 5 months and after the first week of issues, I've not had a problem. A Power Cap is a must if you're running a Savox servo and TIP make sure the ESC Capacitor has got a good soldered joint
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
how are people getting on with there reventon r esc's now then ??

Ive used mine for the first time in my cat sx3 with novac ss 5.5t , ace ds 1015 servo , and to be tottaly honest im not pleased with it

I tried loading the 119mod software using my 2in1 lcd program box , and that wont work , soo then installed the stock01 software on it ..

had it on the same gearing /track , and the esc is getting really hot , also was playing about with the esc settings , to try and cool it down to no avail !!

and the other thing im dissapointed with, when going thro the esc setting using the led program card , some of the values are not revelant to the things your trying to change !! and as said above , would had been nice to be able to use the lcd box ( as you know what settings your changing ) and to upload to older software ...

soo very dissapoined and will have to splash out for another esc ... rant over !!
OK, this is important.

The Reventon series is NOT related in any way to the GT series. It comes from a different factory and the accessories are NOT compatible.

If you treat a Reventon like a GT, you will have problems. Read the instructions, don't assume.

As far as the BEC goes - the output on the SCR, S and R is 2A, but it shouldn't be a problem with a well designed servo. Savox (and their OEM customers including Spektrum and Orion) are known to cause problems with their excessive power demands.
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
OK, this is important.

The Reventon series is NOT related in any way to the GT series. It comes from a different factory and the accessories are NOT compatible.

If you treat a Reventon like a GT, you will have problems. Read the instructions, don't assume.

As far as the BEC goes - the output on the SCR, S and R is 2A, but it shouldn't be a problem with a well designed servo. Savox (and their OEM customers including Spektrum and Orion) are known to cause problems with their excessive power demands.
cheers for your help dave , but i'm using an ace servo , but ive been in touch with the shop i got it off , and they said try and turn the lipo and temp off , tried that and also geared it down even more , changed to the mod software, still no different , still runs hot even on a flat bit of tarmac !! put an old lpf in ( even thou a lpf is only meant to go down to 8.5t for off road ) to eliminate , lipos , motor etc and it was spot on !!

oh and " read the instructions , dont assume " have you read the little mixed up paper they include , well thats why i had to search on the internet before it was fitted !!
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
cheers for your help dave , but i'm using an ace servo , but ive been in touch with the shop i got it off , and they said try and turn the lipo and temp off , tried that and also geared it down even more , changed to the mod software, still no different , still runs hot even on a flat bit of tarmac !! put an old lpf in ( even thou a lpf is only meant to go down to 8.5t for off road ) to eliminate , lipos , motor etc and it was spot on !!

oh and " read the instructions , dont assume " have you read the little mixed up paper they include , well thats why i had to search on the internet before it was fitted !!
Sorry chap but I think it's still youe 5.5 motor !
Borrow a 7.5 and try the Rev R again !

This way you can say its the ESC and this is what SP Say Stock1 on a Rev R is max'd out at !!

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 15-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Sorry chap but I think it's still youe 5.5 motor !
Borrow a 7.5 and try the Rev R again !

This way you can say its the ESC and this is what SP Say Stock1 on a Rev R is max'd out at !!
i appreciate your help , but as i said above ive tried it with the mod software and it still runs hot , but when you go thro the reventon interface thingy , and you have to mark what size motor you have , i did'nt see that using that software and that size motor there was any flashing lights , or anyone saying dont run it ..

and again the man at shuchmacher , did'nt say the motor size with the software was the problem ..
, but the shop i bought it off had said , that it could had been where it was close to the motor limit ..
Old 15-11-2012

I have had 2 r's been in tc, buggy and sc with mortors from 17.5t down to 7.5t and never missed a beat only had to turn off lipo as I have old ones with low c rating
As for the software I had to fiddle with the USB files at first with the first ones but new ones work no problem and the wifi unit works great
Old 15-11-2012
Mad Member

tried it today with an 8.5t motor and still getting pretty warm and still on the mod software , its now been sent back to the shop who i bought it from ...

but i'm geussing all the people on here that have had problems with them , are all at fault , and out of the 100's that have been sold , none could have anything wrong with em ??!! ..
Old 15-11-2012

Was just saying its a great esc smooth and fast
And u are going to get lots of ppl with faults writing on here
As its the problem page, if u want problems try a nosram/lrp esc
Or orca lol
Old 16-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
Was just saying its a great esc smooth and fast
And u are going to get lots of ppl with faults writing on here
As its the problem page, if u want problems try a nosram/lrp esc
Or orca lol
i know mate , i'm just fed up with people on here, thinking that someones automaticly at fault if they've been ok with em ... they'res going to be a few slip throu the net !!
Old 16-11-2012
Mad Member

OK ! I must be one of those you mention !

But in my defence all I was trying to say is what is printed on the SP Tech Website

Again all I was trying to say was that although the SP Reventon R has a motor limit of a 5.5 motor, SP updated this to 7.5 with the new V1.8-1.9 Updates when using the Stock1 Profile.

If there is a fault then there's a fault, was just trying to help you eliminate issues due to over spec'ing the equipment.

You stated that the esc was getting to hot, a lower motor would cause a overheating issue

As you have sent this away for check's you will find out when it is returned !

Keep us all informed !

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 11-02-2013

Is the reventon r working now? No more problems? Locking for a new esc to my sv2 and the reventon have a nice price.
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Is the reventon r working now? No more problems? Locking for a new esc to my sv2 and the reventon have a nice price.
+1 - I'm in the same boat (for the same vehicle coincidentally).

Are they on special now because it's a fire sale to get rid of a bad speedo or is it worth US$70?

How have people gone with them over the last month? Anybody running them in hot summer conditions at the moment?
Old 11-02-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I don't have one (I bought the pro and love it) but there are at least 2 at YORCC and both perform faultlessly.
Old 11-02-2013

Orderd one. Test on thursday.
Old 11-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I don't have one (I bought the pro and love it) but there are at least 2 at YORCC and both perform faultlessly.

Col im looking to put the Pro in my DB1 but have been put off by this thread, i take it the pro doesn't have these issues.

Cheers
Ross

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 11-02-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Col im looking to put the Pro in my DB1 but have been put off by this thread, i take it the pro doesn't have these issues.

Cheers
Ross
No mate, from what I've heard these problems were exclusive to the R.
My pro is currently running whatever software came with it, and once I'd actually read the instructions and reversed throttle on my futaba TX, has performed brilliantly since.
It should be noted that (on mine) the stock setting for brakes was 30% which meant no brakes... When set at 100% it will lock up all wheels on any given surface.