Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 15-08-2014

Default What car to start

Tempted to get a touring car,would only be for ocasional club races(just for fun),know nothing tempted to 17.5 blinky any help and advice cheers
Old 15-08-2014

Xray T3 12 can pick up a good 1 for £100, there is a T4 on here now for reasonable money or you can get a new T4 14 for £250 from demon power

Xray fan but there are others that are good second choice would be TRF then Yokomo, AE, Schumacher ( In order of robustness!!) some good new stuff coming through VBC, Capricorn, or if your a millionaire awsomatix
Old 15-08-2014

Just noticed quarry bank in your location, if that's near Man Airport there is a good club at Cheadle to go and chat to the drivers, Qatmix on here is a regular and could answer any TC question, I can't make Thursday nights (that they race on) but race every other Sunday in Congleton with Cheshire Cat car club and occasional Friday nights at Crewe
Old 15-08-2014

I am selling my Schumacher Mi4 CXL which I have put on here an on ebay, I am open to sensible offers if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2912188373...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155259

if you have any questions please pm me

Cheers
Pete
Old 15-08-2014

Cheers for the reply mate,I'm in the west midlands different quarry bank,just unsure wat to get not lookin to spend a fortune,.,.,.
Old 15-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpier View Post
Cheers for the reply mate,I'm in the west midlands different quarry bank,just unsure wat to get not lookin to spend a fortune,.,.,.
I live in the west midlands as well lol, how much are you looking at spending as I am open to offers?
Old 15-08-2014
Mad Member

There are so many cars on the market and most of them are good. I'm tempted to say you should just choose your favourite colour!

Budget matters, but at the lower end of the market you either have second hand top-end cars (which can be a risk if they have not been looked after or built properly); budget cars from the far east which don't have good parts support; or the Schumacher Mi1 which is a dated design but has parts support direct from Schumacher.

The most sensible car is the one that is run by the better local racers and that has parts support from a local shop, that means that help should be at hand. Something "exotic" might appeal until you get stuck for parts or can't make it handle...
Old 16-08-2014

Supastox or mardaves are a very nice alternative to TC's if you find a club that runs the class.
And there's a second hand market for those too
Old 16-08-2014
Mad Member

Schumachers and Xrays are probably most popular. For about £100 - £120 you can get a new MI1 or a good used MI4.

Tamiya TRFs are also really good - very expensive when they first came out but can be had for a steal these days (shameful plug!):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1613935302...84.m1555.l2649

The Hobao H4e is also an up and coming star at the moment - £200 brand new or about £120 used. I've just bought one from a fellow Oopler and will be racing it in a couple of weeks, 17.5t blinky.
Old 16-08-2014

Thanks for the replies still not sure lol
Old 17-08-2014

What's your budget?
Have you got suitable electrics?
What classes do your local clubs race?
What chassis are popular at your local clubs?

I'm sure by the time you have answered any of those questions you will have a better idea what you want/need