Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 16-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Losi 8th electrics

More questions lol!

Has anyone used the Losi xceleron 8th stuff, and if so does it protect the receiver ok (eg only send the right amount of voltage to it?)

Also, what motor speed would be competitive against Nitro? The Losi buggy comes with a 2100 which elsewhere I've read wouldn't be quick enough, but then that guy at Neo was using the 1700 which is slower isn't it??
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Was the 1700 a Losi motor Dave, Or was it a Neu motor?
Old 16-04-2009

It all depends on the voltage and gearing used. A lower kV (like the 1700), with a high voltage (say 5S or 6S) and the right gearing is just as fast as a higher kV (like the 2100), with a low voltage (say 4S) and the right gearing (if you are aiming for a certain speed (40mph ish is about right for most tracks)) then the differences will be minimal. Only thing is the higher voltage, lower kV set-up will tend to run slightly cooler as the current is reduced over the other set-up.

To give you an example, I'm using a 2000kV motor with 4S, a 15T pinion and stock spur/internal ratio. This gets me enough speed to keep up with the nitros on the straights (perhaps just beating them), but thrash them out of the corners.

The Losi ESC has a BEC circuit which jumps the voltage down from whatever the input voltage is, to about 5.88V for the receiver and servos.

To work out what motor, pinion, voltage etc would be best for you this site is soooo useful
Old 17-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers guys,

He was using the losi 1700 and I think 4S?

I was planning 2100 losi and 4s 5000 25c, sounds like this'll be quick enough if geared right yeah?

Also, what sorts runtime should that give me? Any chance of 15 mins??
Old 18-04-2009

15 mins should be easily acchievable, i managed 20 mins on a dirt track with 5000 4s lipo's and a neu 1512 motor. (what pit stops? )
Old 19-04-2009

Ricardo Rabittini was using a 1700kV with 5S, so would have got some more revs that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28
I was planning 2100 losi and 4s 5000 25c, sounds like this'll be quick enough if geared right yeah?

Also, what sorts runtime should that give me? Any chance of 15 mins??
That setup should get you (with stock spur and 14T/15T pinions) about 40mph (14T just under, 15T just over). With that battery, I think 15 mins should be acheivable, if a rx pack is also used. It also depends what sort of driver you are - smooth=longer run times.
Old 22-04-2009

Default Losi Exceleron

I Ran my 8E at nene valley 5th scale track on sunday against a field of 18 or so nitro buggys i run the 1700 kv motor and a max amps 6500 4s 30c lipo i ran with a 16 tooth pinion first round and was passing nitros down the straight like they were going backwards i went down to a 14 tooth and was as quick as the nitros i tried to get twenty minutes made it to 19 then lipo cut out came in i still finished second in a twenty minute final