Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute alignment View Post
Has anyone run their loss 22 vega conversion.yet? Any feed back would be great, I'm waiting to confirm an order if good.
Look up one post above yours

Might be worth a PM to Andy to get some feedback from him...
Old 19-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There are 3 x Vega 22's at my local club (Maritime) , they go very well indeed!

Seem to have a very good balance and the lads who own them seem very pleased with them.

Major step is the Vega gearbox in improving this car, getting it nice and close to the diff

Go for it!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 30-07-2013

hello,
i have a tlr22 gen3 few days ago and i have some questions.
somebody try to install the triad avid slipper? i put it but i am not sure about this because the main gear is more separated from the motor plate that the original slipper.

Normally I run in a astro tracka and everybody with losi takes 3º anti-squat, the problem is that I have had to smooth a bit the wishbones to prevent them from rubbing with the differential outdrivers, it is possible a mistake of assembly for my part?

last one,
where can i find a set up to begin?
thanks
Old 30-07-2013

I've fitted the Avid slipper to my 22vega, I run the vega & the losi motor plates together so I can use the losi gear cover. It works well but you need to dremel the layshaft and motor screw holes bigger so everything fits without rubbing and to line up the motor to spur.

I run the HRC 3 deg rear toe plate on dry astro, don't forget to add a 1mm spacer under the front hanger as well or you'll have too much anti squat. I've not had any problems with out drives rubbing with this set up.

I don't have time to post a set up, but of you start with 55 pistons all round, 25wt rear & 30wt front (std Bloomfield set up), something similar to AE big bore green rear springs, yellow / red front. For high grip astro I found that running the shortest rear camber link on the tower is a must to get rid of any squirming, as the car as so much rear grip. If astro is very bumpy go softer all round. Hope that helps!
Old 31-07-2013

thank your very much andoiwebb!!

i will try to put in practice your help. first i will change the anti squat of 3º to 1º.
i need save some problem whith the diff because i dont not why the ball bearing diff outdrives dont turn whit the outdrivers. i can see this because the motor, esc, gear box and chassis has been very hot.

Also I could have seen that the car sometimes loses something of traction, it is possible that is solved by the camber link as your you say, doing it mas shortly. The track has medium grip and some bumpy.

finally i am using a b4.1 gear cover, it fit more or less whit the vega motor plate.

thanks again!!
Old 31-07-2013

If the diff is not turning with the out drives, check the screws that hold the gearbox together are not rubbing on the diff, one of them maybe 1mm too long causing the gearbox to become too right! It will probably be the screws that hold the motor plate to the gearbox.
Old 31-07-2013

ok i will check this but i am not sure because the diff work well but the ball bearing around de out drivers are not working (dont turn).
is very rare, and i think the problem are not de bearing, is possible the diff because i am using a asso diff gear but with losi diff gear out driver.

thanks
Old 31-07-2013

the gear diff is 0.4mm too wide for the gearbox!!!! you will need to sand the face of the gear down, important you read this thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122945

I don't know how wide the associated diff is, but if it is wider than 17.4mm it is too wide for the vega gearbox.
Old 02-08-2013

Thanks.
If i use the gear diff: i understand that dont have put the metal oring?
Old 02-08-2013

Yes, you are correct, but the gear diff will probably be too wide for the gearbox without the o rings. Try the ball diff to test.
Old 04-08-2013

I am thinking of getting one of these this winter. Only for indoors. Any other shell that fits? Like proline or ftw?
Old 12-09-2013

I have just built the Vega 22. All good apart from the gearbox being very tight, can I please confirm that when building with a geared diff I have left out the shims included in the kit but as it is still very very tight I need to remove 0.4mm off the tlr diff, is this correct?

If shims are added to the kit for use with the slimmer diff why not just make the gearbox fit the larger one when it is made? Maybe I have missed something here.
Old 12-09-2013

Follow the steps in this thread http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=122945&page=2
Old 21-09-2013

Finally found the time to get the Vega 22 2.0 built up and wired, now to test it tomorrow. Wish me luck.