Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Broxtowe Model Car Club

Old 14-11-2014

Default Thanks everyone

Hi, I'd like to say thanks to you all. Around this time last year I started looking into a fun winter hobby, and came across RC Cars.

After a steep learning curve and a lot of helpful members at Broxtowe MCC, I eventually bought a un-built DEX210 kit, and picked up the electrics and other parts second hand. It took me along time to build it, with a fair bit of help from Jimmy on occasions.

However after an initial flurry, I haven't been able to find the time to enjoy it. Now with my my soon to be first child on the way, I can't see that availability getting better!

I'd like to thank all who helped me, and to all who didn't shout at me as I crashed in front of them (usually as they lapped me).

I'm selling my stuff, as 'apparently' I soon won't have any room for it! The threads are in the for sale sections.
Roller + Electrics + some tools.

This was me. Really big thanks again to all. Maybe one day when the little one gets a little older, I'll be able to get back.
David

Old 21-11-2014

Well after someone came around the buy the esc, turned out t be an old school friend, we got talking about RC and racing. I decided to try it again.

So today I've been putting the car back together, but looks like I've connected something wrong on the ESC and it started smoking. I managed to flick the switch back off, but the switch has now buckled and I've no way of knowing if it's totally kaput or just the switch.

Looks like I might be needing a new ESC! And the one I had looks like it isn't available now, at least not for the kind of money I paid.