Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 06-12-2014

Default SV2/SVR spares box

having just secured an sv2 and svr from the forum, am now looking to what are the most commonly broken parts and what should I be looking to upgrade?
Old 06-12-2014

For my sv2 I carry all plastic parts e.g wishbones, hubs, ball ends and things like that, often a large number of spare screws etc. one issue I have had is that on the sv2 the kingpins that go into the bottom of the front yoke through the wishbone have worked loose, so I cam up with my own method of fixing which was to get some 3mm self tapping brass inserts, put them in, a drop of thread lock and it works an absolute treat.
Old 06-12-2014

I haven't actually upgraded anything on mine, if I was going to the only thing I would look at would be the alloy rear hubs.
Old 07-12-2014

I put the KF shock protector on mine and have not broken a shock tower or top bulkhead since, the alloy centre track rod is also worth having.
I also have changed to the hex drives front and rear, the fronts work well in that the wheels do not suffer as the bearing becomes a lose fit in the wheel, so the chamber stays consistent.