Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 26-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Good nights racing 25/4

Good nights racing last night!

Track was a nice change with some carpet thrown into the mix

Ed are you going to upload the on board video? Shame the camera came off but I'm sure you got some good footage.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 26-04-2012

yeah was a good nights racing really good track well done guys the best in a long time.

what i didnt like is people saying im cheating when im really NOT. if people put the hard work iv done the last 19 years in getting the car an tyres to work then they will all go faster.
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

thats cool ed

can you tell all how you managed to make your tyres swell up and generate so much grip.
Old 26-04-2012

I agree with you guys best track in ages,
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

the track was ace
Old 26-04-2012

im not going to give all my hard work away it a dremel an insert an a car that works but you dont see F1 teams asking red bull how to make a fast car you have to do it your self!!!
just because you cant keep up you all say im cheating how sad is that. dude if i have to cheat at club stuff i may as well give up.
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed:-)Kerry View Post
im not going to give all my hard work away it a dremel an insert an a car that works but you dont see F1 teams asking red bull how to make a fast car you have to do it your self!!!
just because you cant keep up you all say im cheating how sad is that. dude if i have to cheat at club stuff i may as well give up.
sweet lets swap tyres next week.
Old 26-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ed post up the on board video when you get chance, want to see what the qualitys like as I'd like to try one on my crash helmet.

Yes great track cheers to the builders and lets have more like that!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 26-04-2012

but your tyres dont work stu you dont no how to run them in an thats a big part of it but yeah we can swap as i will be on a new set so yeah we going to do it!!
y dont you stop crying about not being on the pace an saying im cheating funny thing is most is in the car as my durango work on low grip!!
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
but your tyres dont work stu you dont no how to run them in an thats a big part of it but yeah we can swap as i will be on a new set so yeah we going to do it!!
y dont you stop crying about not being on the pace an saying im cheating funny thing is most is in the car as my durango work on low grip!!
can i use your old set please im not crying i miss the close racing and running tyres in by using must be the correct way.

see you wednesday

do you run the 14mm hexs
Old 26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
Ed post up the on board video when you get chance, want to see what the qualitys like as I'd like to try one on my crash helmet.

Yes great track cheers to the builders and lets have more like that!
hey dude the videos wasnt that good for the track last night it needs more frames per second it is only 30 iv seen 1 at 60 per second.
maybe on your bike it mite work fine as its not going as fast over a short distance
Old 26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
can i use your old set please im not crying i miss the close racing and running tyres in by using must be the correct way.

see you wednesday

do you run the 14mm hexs
yeah i do but they are in acetone as like i said im going to have a new set for next week.
think about it stu we was having good races but we was a lap up on the rest but now your off the pace your just as quick as the rest iv stayed the same sort your car out stu make it work!!!
Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Ok all I'm gonna say is as long as you don't put the lrp additive on your tyres this time I'll think you will find we will be on the same pace again I'm gonna leave it at that but don't forget I have been around along time and I have pretty much tried everything especially additives. Let's race again dude
Old 26-04-2012

hi,
this additive thing is going on again,
guys please think about what is happening, as ed as said he has been racing for 19 years and won many major events so we have learn`t alot, the tyres are apart of this but think on about this last regoinal, the rain came the track got slippery and ed tq`d the round, we have worked very hard on this and found things to help generate the grip.
also think about the way ed drives, if he backs off on the slippery floor is his car the same?
i think not
also look at the tyres, the full spike is still the quickest tyre there but they have to be prepped properly this we have done and it has cost alot of money when it goes wrong, how many other people have tried as many tyres as ed ?
ed will be on new tyres next week and after they have run in i think they will be as quick as the current set
also these tyres have done 12 weeks racing if the car was not working would they last this long?
les kerry
Old 26-04-2012

lol yeah it will be good we both need to race for both of us to get faster the stuff you see on jamies car that was but mine wasnt i was just using lrp bottles.
but the tyres next week will be just as fast the set i have been run still havent had additive on it as it has been baned most of it is in the car an sticks.
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

So what you are saying Jamie is cheating and your tyres have not swollen up come on ed sort it out
Old 27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
So what you are saying Jamie is cheating and your tyres have not swollen up come on ed sort it out
no jamie is not cheating no 1 is cheating mate we tryed it for 1 meeting a long time ago. i think you need to sort it out mate. its not me thats slow!!!
Old 27-04-2012

I heard raspberry jam might make the tyres sticky anyone tried it
Old 28-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
no jamie is not cheating no 1 is cheating mate we tryed it for 1 meeting a long time ago. i think you need to sort it out mate. its not me thats slow!!!
I never said you were slow I asked why your tyres have swollen up this doesn't just happen well it hasn't happened to mine or the other 50 drivers we get every week for the last 25 years. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

IMO from a club point of view this needs to be kept an eye on.
Old 28-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Ok lets just get 1 thing straight.

Ed drives differently than i have seen anyone either at faversham or anywhere in uk, I for one am sick of all the accusations and bull, he even used my car on wheel the week before in the 3rd heat and still was on the pace until he got clattered. now if im using additive i can see the whole point however i wouldnt and couldnt affoard to ruin a set every week so explain how he was on the pace with my car when thats a car with MY setup on it and one other thing....................

If its not ed doing the work how come i cant get it into the A !

think a few people need to wake up and smell the coffee

Gareth

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team