Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 17-12-2011

Default DB01/501x BELT TENSIONER

I'm in the process of hopping up/rebuilding a DB01. Have put single slipper clutch in and getting reinforced belts. Is it worth me getting the 501x belt tensioner? Also, whilst routinely cleaning the ball diffs I noticed small plastic chunks around the small diff balls which turned out to be the spacer that is inserted between the two central diff bearings. Can I replace this with a metal spacer to stop it from happening again?
Old 17-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB01RS View Post
I'm in the process of hopping up/rebuilding a DB01. Have put single slipper clutch in and getting reinforced belts. Is it worth me getting the 501x belt tensioner? Also, whilst routinely cleaning the ball diffs I noticed small plastic chunks around the small diff balls which turned out to be the spacer that is inserted between the two central diff bearings. Can I replace this with a metal spacer to stop it from happening again?
I would imagine you could use the 5mm x 0.5mm alloy spacer from the trf501x and trf511.( bb6 ) part no: 9804246. might be worth checking the width. The belt tensioners are not really needed as they don't tend to jump, but if you add them make sure that the bearings are just clear of the belt and are not touching.....
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

+1 on what pugs has said, I put belt tensioners on mine when I first built it just because I was chucking hop-ups at it as they came out rather than because they were needed but in the end - and I can't remember why, it was 3 years ago - I took them out. I run a 6.5 brushless in it and have never had a belt jump. Dusted the old girl off after a 2 year sleep for a club night last night and she went round pretty good.