Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 20-03-2015

Try me, text me/facebook message me/email me anytime of day or night and get an instant answer, I'm open all hours in that respect. Folk are spending how long putting messages on here to say they haven't got the time to send a message/make a two minute call, kinda contradicts itself really doesn't it? Facebook Dell Whitehouse/email dell@modelcarracer.com/text 07854008428
Old 21-03-2015

I'm just saying in a normal situation of ordering parts on a website people don't have the time to always call, text or email.

Most people just want to see a stock level right there in front of them. The thing is and I'm sure most others do too, if you can't see something in stock you just move on to the next company that has it in. If I can't see a stock level people just move on too.

In an age where the Internet is everything and tablets and phones rule the way we shop you've got to be up there with the rest of them, bang on the money and service, offer what the others do, offer the same service or something better or people will shop elsewhere.

I try and spend my money with the smaller independent companies but when the other ones make the whole shopping experience so much easier and straight forward it's very hard to do that 😕

Racer @ South West Indoor RC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...3948047?ref=hl

Link above
Old 21-03-2015

I sympathise with your frustrations here as i have them too, when trying to get spares for you guys from the distributors.
This is getting worse as more and more models are released. Distributors just can't afford to keep masses of spares in the warehouse for every model and the same goes for the shops, thats why i don't buy every new car that comes out, as it means another list of spares, that may not sell.

I carry the biggest stock of Carisma gt14b/14b pro/ gtb range of spares in the country all the time and the only reason i don't have the parts on the shelf is that in most cases its because either, i have just sold out and i'm waiting for more to arrive, or i have ordered more and the distributor doesn't have any. Then the long wait begins

I haven't run a live stock system in the past due to the items being sold at race meetings and in the shop, along with there only being me running the place, so it's has been hard to do so.
I am now looking into making the micro section of the shop to live stock, but in the meantime if you call in, email, text the shop number (thats why i use a mobile number) facebook the shop page or phone me, you will get a prompt reply.

Recently the Devon and Cornwall clubs got into micro and sales exploded again, taking us by surprise. I have been trying to keep up with demand on everything, but a few items have sold in such large numbers that we can't get them fast enough.

I dislike not being able to fill all orders that come through and spend an awfull lot of time chasing distributors for due dates of kits/spares and it drives me nuts.
No shop is going to be able to supply everything in one order all of the time, no matter how hard they try and believe me, i've spent the last 12yrs trying.

Unfortunately, we have been driven into believing that we should have everything yesterday, pay next to nothing for it and rant when we don't get it. The reality is, its not always in stock when it says on the screen it is, the part you desperately need was not ordered by the importers and no shop has it, 1st class post takes up to 5 days or gets lost and guaranteed next day is the day after. Nothings perfect in this world and sometimes you have to chase around to get what you need.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware and sees this on other sites

shadow stock means = no stock but the distributor has it, so you'll have it in about 3-10 days.

If a shop shows no stock on their site and i dont have it, they won't be getting it neither until i do.

Low stock = probably sold out

I always tell customers who want an item i don't have, to ring the shop that says they have it and make sure they have it in their hand, COS THE COMPUTER LIES

Personally, i am happy to (as mentioned by Tom) take parts off my own car or strip kits to complete an order, even borrowing parts from my shop drivers.

I love racing/ flying planes/ helis/ boats, if its RC i'm happy and want to give the best service possible. Please remember that bad news spreads faster than good. 20 good comments only go as far as 1 bad one.

eg quoted by Mattv6
"All i hear is people saying don't order from trackside spares because you wont get your order?"

This reads like i took their money and never sent the goods!
If it wasn't in stock they were either offered an immeadiate refund, or it could go on back order.

I'm sure a few horror stories are out there about a lot of shops. I used to be your side of the counter many years ago and have some stories of my own about dealings with well known shops stitching me and my mates up, thats why i started tracksidespares.

I have been involved with micro racing since nearly its start and have followed/ supported with the shop and raced nationals ever since and do my best to promote the sport.
Please be thoughtful when mentioning shops in posts. There are shops that care about you the customer and the hobby and those that don't. I hope you can see that i do

cheers
Paul Knight /real person willing to help
Tracksidespares