Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > USA

Old 20-07-2011

Default Orlando international drive

Any good model shops or club racing
I am in Orlando from 2nd august for 14 days and good places to visit
Old 20-07-2011

Theres nothing on International Drive, The best model shop is Superior Hobbies, based in Casselbury about 30 mins drive away north of winter garden. It is the best model shop in the central orlando area for cars and racing. They have a club who race touring cars once a month on sundays at the parking lot outside the shop. Check their website for dates, www.superiorhobbies.com they also have offroad electric and nitro, with some really good offroad tracks.

Another good model shop is central florida hobbies located closer, maybe 10 minutes away by car on Colonial Drive, google search central florida hobbies for their site. Again they have a good amount of car stuff, but are more focused on planes and helis.

I would choose superior, if you can only go to one. I'm going back to florida in september, I stay on Int Drive and go every other year. I don't drive, but take the bus to superior, it is more of a trek, 2 buses taking a couple of hours, but it is well worth the visit. You can get the lynx local buses, from I-Drive, take the bus to International Airport, then change to the state road 436 bus, and it will drop you right at superior's door. Each bus will take abouta hour, so you are looking at 2 - 2.5 hours travel from I-Drive. If you have transport, then you'll get there in less than 30 mins.

Hope this helps.

Raymond
Old 20-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

went to central florida hobbies about 18months ago, TBH not anywere near as good at it used to be, gly and sharron don't have as much to do with it now, mostly RTR and planes, Oh but a mint gold tub in a display case. shame, as about 10 years ago it was fantastic, loads of stuff, and connected to a few clubs.
My dad worked for an airline back then, was there about once a month could get ,cars ,novak stuff etc but no more it seems, I came away empty handed.

try the other place if I we you, as it seem as soon as shops lose connection with clubs they drift down the same route, same happens here.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-04-2013

Just finishing a holiday in Florida and superior hobbies certainly has the best stock and deals. Also there are small shops at the racetracks nearby - take a buggy and race at
Spacecoast RC at Cocoa
NewRed hobbies at Ocala
Holeshot at Sanford

Tracks great and people really friendly
Old 13-04-2013

Will be going to Superior Hobbies again in about 6 weeks time. Looking forward to my holiday in Orlando, hoping to pick up some goodies at Superior, without a doubt the best hobby shop in the Orlando area for car stuff.
Old 14-04-2013

Don't forget to take a car and go racing, far more fun than the parks and no queuing!