Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 27-06-2015
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Thumbs up

NO RESTRICTIONS.....!!!

OPEN CLASS RACING, run what you like

Look at Chrissy P and D R.....running a 13.5t and 10.5t motor and both doing really well with a lower turn motor at seaham.....!!!

As chris has already pointed out, lower turn motor reduces the strain on your lipos and will reduce your tire wear....!!!

Choice is yours

For club racing, Im going to run a 10.5t motor in 2wd and a 7.5t motor in 4wd.....its only going to help my racing making less mistakes and be more consistent

Only problem i've got with our carpet is all the bloody fluff that gets everywhere and a pain in the arse to get off the drive shfts all the time.....and the static does help much either lol

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 27-06-2015

Well said Dex, lower motors don't make you slower they make you faster lol, I run 10.5 and do OK for myself, always in the A and even managed to finish this weeks final with a backflip over the line lol

www.racing-cars.com
Old 27-06-2015

Are we gonna be getting new or used? If its used, how much better will it really be compared to ours grip wise?
Old 28-06-2015

I'm a 👍for new carpet as old one is getting more as more duct tape repairs plus it's a pain in the arse cleaning the cars off after not to mention destroying wheels bearings
Associated B6.1
Old 29-06-2015

[QUOTE=chrispattinson;916886]I think only a motor limit would achieve what you are after .... As then any tyres work with low wear rate, and you are able to use the tyres from elsewhere ... Regionals etc.

"But I would advise against any restrictions. If you don't want high wear, just use a slower motor .... Like I do with a 13.5 ... The tyres last forever. But just make it a personal choice ... As. Making it a rule discourages people coming to the club. Visiting drivers or new drivers will be put off. It's one reason I never went to tynemet. It would also mean we couldn't try out our cars for prepping for other meetings."

One reason you never went to Tynemet? - just to clarify to anyone reading this who might be put off coming to NRCR (TyneMet) by it.......we don't have any ANY limits on motors or tyres for buggies at TyneMet. Only stipulation is no tyre additive as it leaves residue..

Last edited by lazysurfer; 29-06-2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typo