Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 23-02-2014

Default Building up a buggy

I don't know if anyone can remember but the first time when i came down to Surrey and Hants (About 3 meetings ago) I had a friend with me. He is thinking about buying a kf from a club member and if he does he will be needing everything to go with it apart from a transmitter, so if anyone has a motor, esc or servo laying around please let me know. I don't really have a clue what a good set up would be as i am very new to the sport myself but as my friend does not have the internet (i know very 1920s) I said i would try and help get some parts together.

So some recommendations would be great please, As would if anyone has some parts for sale (otherwise he will buy new). But as I am paying his wages at the moment i will buy the kit and then get the money back from him weekly. (just so you know there will be no issues with meeting at the club on a thursday etc).

Also he is looking to buy "good kit" as he will only really be able to do this build once so wants to get it right the first time and not have to get better kit as he gets better himself .

Thanks all
Harry
Old 23-02-2014

10.5t great motor wired to a good but well used esc is avaliable for £50 if that helps. It's wired to fit a losi 22 which I think is avaliable from little lee James as he has a spare.
Old 23-02-2014

Or chatty boy mark has a couple of spare newer esc's and motors as he has (pointless ly) swapped all of his recently.
Old 25-02-2014

Sounds good lads. He has to find a buggy first as the one we had lined up fell through but when one he has one then i will let you know at the club evenings and if you still have the motor i'm sure he will have it from you .
Old 25-02-2014
SHRCCC Legend

Shep, clubs guys will see you right, they see you week in week out so you won't get a dud.... If you do, they'll rectify it all, so much safer that way!

Who was selling the KF?
Old 26-02-2014

Yes, that why i posted in the club part of the forum . It's not for me it's for a friend. I am going to buy a new setup as just got a nice new contract at work... He needs a car first and then will start sourcing parts. Was just seeing what people had laying around. I've not had a reply about the kf so he is still looking for one now.