Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Ok guys lets stop here.

December 20th will be:-
Doors open at 0830 hrs
Practice at 0900 hrs
(practice 3 mins only)
(reserves will go on last if there are spaces)
Then the Computer will be on auto for the rest of the day and if you have a problem, tuff.

Is this what you want?
If i was to travel such a long way to do this series then i would expect that it would be run like you have mentioned I have heard nothing but good reports about everything to do with the track,surface,organisation and banter however i have heard a few complaints about finishing times. Its fine to have a late finish if you live local to a big comp, what about if you live 2 and a half hours away?
All of the stuff mentioned in this thread seem to me to be pretty much constructive but some people seem to be taking it personally which i can understand aswell.
I think its a bit out of order implying that Worksop is too strict and not fun though! Sounds like sour grapes to me going on like that. Doesnt help when people come on this thread winding people up either though Ben!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
If i was to travel such a long way to do this series then i would expect that it would be run like you have mentioned I have heard nothing but good reports about everything to do with the track,surface,organisation and banter however i have heard a few complaints about finishing times. Its fine to have a late finish if you live local to a big comp, what about if you live 2 and a half hours away?
All of the stuff mentioned in this thread seem to me to be pretty much constructive but some people seem to be taking it personally which i can understand aswell.
I think its a bit out of order implying that Worksop is too strict and not fun though! Sounds like sour grapes to me going on like that. Doesnt help when people come on this thread winding people up either though Ben!
The only reason it finishes late is because it's so popular. What time do you think the guys who pack the track get away? It's normally 20.30 before the lads leave chadderton

Regards

buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 01-12-2009
Gypsy Member

Default no no i aint no pro

Originally Posted by woOdy
Ok guys lets stop here.

December 20th will be:-
Doors open at 0830 hrs
Practice at 0900 hrs
(practice 3 mins only)
(reserves will go on last if there are spaces)
Then the Computer will be on auto for the rest of the day and if you have a problem, tuff.

Is this what you want?

. no computer on auto please . really man i have enoughtrouble gettin round the track without getting dq for late ness. we gotta fit club transponders .aint no pro wi a personal tp.dont mind hi vis got my own personal one o them. or how about turn computer off make some MASSIVE jumps, and a drag stip, and have a massive bashing day. you can only go home when whats left of your car is in a carrier bag. i no si is on board allready.........big air rules, go big or go home.
Old 01-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry Johnnyboy, not on board anymore. Big news afoot means money might just be tight so no more silly crashes and 'don't care air' for me. Still gonna race, but strict budget......

And its not 'Worksop too strict' more 'Bury very relaxed'. I live pretty equidistant to Bury and Southport - I could race either just as easily. Southport has I think the better outdoor track, higher turnouts, better facilities etc, yet I mostly race Bury. Why? Because I prefer the chilled out atmosphere and community spirit. We are a small, tight knit club who just happen to run a big meeting.
Incidentally the guy who complained about people pitting on the far side of the rostrum - Dude that was the Bury Metro club! Those were the guys that built the track, without them there would be no meeting!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

Si you say moneys tight your head of department bigfish. Shit where do all my taxes go !!! Bloody civil servants!!!
Can I here the patter of tiny feet????

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 01-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You might.......

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 01-12-2009

Comments re walking in front of the rostrum were from me. Of course we all appreciate the great work people have put into the track, but that doesn't take away the fact that on a number of occasions people walked in front the line of the drivers. I know I'm not the only one who commented on this and I was merely making a suggestion to overcome the issue - no rants or raves just a considered opinion and not an attack on Bury lads - I didn't even know it was a particular grouping on that side of the rostrum.
Oh, and by the way, I have raced at both Southport and Bury and have found both sets of drivers to be equally pleasant, open-minded and helpful to a newbie – equal chill!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Sorry Johnnyboy, not on board anymore. Big news afoot means money might just be tight so no more silly crashes and 'don't care air' for me. Still gonna race, but strict budget......

And its not 'Worksop too strict' more 'Bury very relaxed'. I live pretty equidistant to Bury and Southport - I could race either just as easily. Southport has I think the better outdoor track, higher turnouts, better facilities etc, yet I mostly race Bury. Why? Because I prefer the chilled out atmosphere and community spirit. We are a small, tight knit club who just happen to run a big meeting.
Incidentally the guy who complained about people pitting on the far side of the rostrum - Dude that was the Bury Metro club! Those were the guys that built the track, without them there would be no meeting!
Old 01-12-2009

Default chillin

Quote:

Agree with u there si....
First thing is first big thanks to roger and stu for putting on a great event...i really enjoyed it more than ever...
why is it people moan on here after the event, but on the day say nowt its beyond me,i mean i work bloody hard all week so i can look forward to the racing. I wouldn't care if it finishes at 9pm wats the fuss guys its a CLUB day and i love the chilled out atmoshpere and that will never change at bury...i just agree with what all wat si/andy/rob/budfish have already said we all just race and have some banter. Its not the end ov the world if it runs a little late, maybe take up a different hobby if it stresses some people out like knitting lol
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer73 View Post
Agree with u there si....
First thing is first big thanks to roger and stu for putting on a great event...i really enjoyed it more than ever...
why is it people moan on here after the event, but on the day say nowt its beyond me,i mean i work bloody hard all week so i can look forward to the racing. I wouldn't care if it finishes at 9pm wats the fuss guys its a CLUB day and i love the chilled out atmoshpere and that will never change at bury...i just agree with what all wat si/andy/rob/budfish have already said we all just race and have some banter. Its not the end ov the world if it runs a little late, maybe take up a different hobby if it stresses some people out like knitting lol

as above you know where we sat ,come over have a word, tell us your views about walking under the rostrum, I am sure we could sort it for you, afterwards is no good, on the day is better

I did enjoy finishing last for a change

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 01-12-2009

Actually I did gently ask on three occasions if people would kindly move out of the way/not walk in front - so job done on the day and followed up on here with a suggestion with a number of other positive comments. Read my original note to put it in context. This is the very last I'll post re the meetings as I can see a minority don't want to see past the red haze and would rather take every little suggestion for improvement as a 'bashing session'. Your all more experienced than me so you must be right. Chill pills do work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyNitro View Post
as above you know where we sat ,come over have a word, tell us your views about walking under the rostrum, I am sure we could sort it for you, afterwards is no good, on the day is better

I did enjoy finishing last for a change
Old 01-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
You might.......

Simon...?
Old 01-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm not officially at liberty to discuss this matter any further.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 01-12-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Actually I did gently ask on three occasions if people would kindly move out of the way/not walk in front - so job done on the day and followed up on here with a suggestion with a number of other positive comments. Read my original note to put it in context. This is the very last I'll post re the meetings as I can see a minority don't want to see past the red haze and would rather take every little suggestion for improvement as a 'bashing session'. Your all more experienced than me so you must be right. Chill pills do work.
Tony ,speak to Roger or Woody next time, they will help you out with your concerns of people walking underneath you? or as jony politely said" just have a word" Where do i buy these chill pills ?
Old 01-12-2009

Default Go back 18 years

Why not go back 18 years. You could get home earlier then.

............................4 minute racing................
Old 04-12-2009

Just a quick note to say thanks to Stu & Roger for a cracking meeting, had fun although at the expense of a couple of spur gears those tabletops were immense!!

Cheers again guys & looking forward to the next round

Mike.