Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 15-11-2013

Default Team Ribble Rats is Recruiting at your local track!

Are you a driver that stands out from the crowd?

Are you willing to become part of an elite racing team?

Are you the kinda guy/gal that races for fun without taking it to seriously?

If you answered yes to all these questions then you are eligible to apply for the chance to join the world exclusive Ribble Rats Racing Squad!

Founded in September 2013, The Ribble Rats Racing Squad currently comprises of 7 excellent drivers and Ste Flannagan!

Age isnt an issue as we have 'rat-entices' (aka apprentices) in the team at the minute. The youngest Rat is Jayden coming in at just 6 years of age and our oldest rat is Lee 'Dell Boy' Akeroyd coming in at a staggering 74 years young.

We cater for alsorts of diverse groups, we have f**k**g John D who suffers from tourettes but when he races his 'ticks' settle down and he gets the job done, we have Callum Akeroyd who, although he knows he's a boy, decides to have a womens hair do, we have Gaz Howarth, he's the one with a full head of skin that is climbing his way up through the rankings with a trusty old B44 that he found on the tip and then of course theres the Tattersall twins. Believe it or not these are twin brothers that have different dads and were born 4 years apart but when racing they put their differences aside and come together as one for the good of the Ribble Rats!

If you feel that you would fit in nicely with this team then have a chat with us down at the trackside, were usually the ones that help with the setting up of the track week in and week out.

Hope to hear from some of you soon, peace out and keep on racing!

'Ribble Rats'
Old 15-11-2013

god there will be vermin everywhere soon
Old 15-11-2013

What a diverse group you have in team ribble rats, it's great to here that you have put this team together for the elite misfits.
How do I go about becoming a member?
How do I apply?
Is there an initiation process?
Do you behave differently than others at ribble, how will I know who is a rat?
I have been to ribble a few times and I don't think I have seen any rats putting the track up????
Someone told me that one member of the rat is a health and safety concern, putting batteries in bins is this true coz if so I don't want to be part of this???!!!
Sorry about all the questions, hope to hear from you soon
Old 15-11-2013

Team logo!

image.jpg
Old 15-11-2013

Good evening, Thanks for your interest in joining the elite. There will be some of the rats down at the meeting tonight but unfortunately Im not there. I am out in Italy representing the rats. Theres a big 2wd event on but Im gonna chuck my 4wd in and hope nobody notices. If you attend Ribble tonight you will be sure to spot a rat, just listen out for the shit laugh and follow your ears to the horrid noise.

Going back to the question about the lipos in the bin, Im afraid this is true, it was part of my initial training as a rat. Its a tough course developed from the Bin Laden saga when he flew a couple of planes into a couple of small buildings, it sorts the men from the boys! Theres alsorts of quests that the rats are sent on, one week we even made a trainee pit infront of a fire exit without leaving a metre gap! He was one crazy mo fo!

Anyway Im going to have to shoot as I have left my lipo's on charge but dont worry kids, there in an asda bag to stop any accidents happening.

Peace out and keep racing!

'Ribble Rats'
Old 15-11-2013

Jonny you are a cheeky rat
Old 16-11-2013

Default Rat pack racing news 15.11.13

Last night saw the rats in an eventful evening of racing, with some of the team not in action. However the ones that raced certainly kept it real 'rat stylie'!!!
Here's a breakdown of the nights events:
• stevo 'fanny' flanigan reavealed the new team colours with his Durango 'dark knight' and although he started well, was more 'dark night rising' in the final as he pirouetted onto the straight on 2 occasions, hopped over barriers, smashed into barriers, went under barriers then finished off beautifully by dropping his remote gracefully!!! He scored an amazing 10 for technique from the judges although finished last I the race
• gaz 'big g' howarth had a nightmare, shredding 2 spurs, and 2 wheels pins and only finishing 1 race all night!!! He did make the A final but DNF! There is talk that this unreliabilty may lead to the buying of other manufacturers cars
• Derik 'Dez' tattersall was flying all night and managed an amazing 20 laps, putting him in line for some real points, however the build quality of the K1 let him down as we saw parts of his rear diff melt onto several sections of the track, with a bearing being found in one of the spectators Afro
• we saw the return of mark 'the daddy' who was given a day pass from his misses to race. He managed a PB 15 laps and was consistant all night. All that breast milk he's being having has certainly improved his focus
• john 'Jon D' Dewhurst was the main man of the night finishing 1st in the B final, and he wasn't even pushing the car to the limit for fear of the beastly Tekin ripping his doffs to bits!

All in all a very interesting nights racing, with the banter flowing nicely as ever

Keep racing folks

Team ribble rats
Old 16-11-2013

I see the rats havnt let me down. Once again I send sinceress apologies for not being able to attend but international racing took priority. Im surprised to hear that ste the fanny fannigan only managed 2 trips onto the straight! Even by stes standards this is far below average. If u dont improve ste I might have to revoke your rats license. Think on!

John D - congrats on the 1st place! Uve worked hard and its paid off. Just imagine the heights ull get to with the new machine!

Big g, melting spurs and losing wheel pins im disappointed in you. Surely this will 'spur' u on to buy a new car, k1's will suit ur driving style down to a T.

Dezza, consistency is the key and u impress me week in and week out with ur consistent lap times although a broken diff can happen to the best of us. Its just one of lifes great disasters, I mean look at all those people in the philipeans moaning over abit of water and heres u with a broken diff on a friday night. It will surely put their lifes into perspective and make them realise just how lucky they were! ( this is obviously a joke, I wouldnt wish that scale of natural disaster on my worst enermy and I am also aware that ste once bought a bride off the internet from the philipeans so my thoughts are with him)

Anyway gotta shoot. My plane home is here now

peace out amd keep racing

'Ribble rats'
Old 16-11-2013

Team stickers

Old 16-11-2013

Looks sweet that flanny
Old 01-01-2014

Default Happy new year rats 🐭🐭🐭

Happy New Year to all the Rats!!!🐭🐭🐭
Let's hope this year is as eventful as the last, even more so with Team Ribble Rats attending their first National!!!!

Silverstone watch out the rats are on tour !!! They gonna wonder what's hit them when us boys turn up!!! Prob get thrown out after Ste 'the fanny' flannigan has done one race and took loads of cars out!!!!

It's gonna be a great year I can feel it in my bones

Peace out and keep racing

"ribble rats"

🐭🐭🐭
Old 02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz23 View Post
Happy New Year to all the Rats!!!������
Let's hope this year is as eventful as the last, even more so with Team Ribble Rats attending their first National!!!!

������

Happy new guys
I thought you have to have a an F Grade to compete in these events
Or are they letting in any rif raf nowadays
Big difference racing at Silverstone arena than ribble on a friday night
Old 02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher View Post
Happy new guys
I thought you have to have a an F Grade to compete in these events
Or are they letting in any rif raf nowadays
Big difference racing at Silverstone arena than ribble on a friday night
It's an open event so they're admitting any riff raff
Old 04-01-2014

Default D Finals???

Two of the Ribble Rats only managed to get into the D Final last night, not a good show. Although it was identified that the rats like to enter into dirty drain pipes?
Old 06-03-2014

Meassage for the Rats,
As most of you know I was trying some new foams last week and am doing so this week. I want to get feed back on what others think of the foams so I have an option for someone to run some of the rears I had on last week with there choice of fronts from the couple of sets I have.
Then next week that person or another rat can try out a different combination to see the difference. Only catch is you need 12mm Hexes all round.
I am opening it up to you guys because you are generally there every week and already run foams so can notice if they are better/same/worse. Also you guys are relatively friendly to me except when fighting position on track.
I want to be able to give all you guys a chance to run them to give me as much info as possible.
If you guys are intrested (Which I think you were last week) I am leaving it up to you lot to decide who wants to run them this week.
Potentially 1 of you can run fronts and rears this week and one can run front only, then we can sort out from one week to the next to get a feel of how they perform aginst each compound and the existing foams we are running.
The main thing is to have a consistant setup and treat the foams the same as you do with your existing.
So if you can decide amongst yourselves and are intrested come and see me friday to take the test items from me.
I will need your feedback in writing (email or PM) but the quicker I get the information back to the foam people the quicker we may get better foams for everyone.

Thanks in advance
THE RAT CATCHER!!!!!

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 06-03-2014

Matt,
Not sure what size hexes the Xray uses but would like to try them if they fit.
Old 06-03-2014

If they fit you can for me. If you run full set this week and try different rears or fronts next week should get some good comparison. Leaves the other set of fronts for someone to try this week.
I say that because I believe when testing you need to run the setup for atleast one full meeting.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 06-03-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1972 View Post
Matt,
Not sure what size hexes the Xray uses but would like to try them if they fit.
Xray's use 14mm as standard :-(