Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Old 06-10-2014

Default Newbie

Hi,

Having recently spent the day at SHRCCC with the DT02 challenge event my lad and I are looking for somewhere to start racing.

At the moment we're both running Tamiya Sand Vipers (one converted from a Holiday Buggy with a stock Tamiya silver can 540 motor) and the other is a 'genuine' Sand Viper with a Tamiya 540 Sport Tuned motor.

I'd like to know if you think it would be appropriate for us to join in any of the racing held at the club with these cars. I've never raced before, and William has only raced at this years challenge event...I'd like us to get some more use out of our current cars (esp. as they are relatively cheap to repair!) then once we get some skills and experience buy something a bit more competitive.

I can only do the Sunday races as the Thursday evenings will be too late for my lad.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 06-10-2014
SHRCCC Legend

I'd like to know if you think it would be appropriate for us to join in any of the racing held at the club with these cars. I've never raced before, and William has only raced at this years challenge event...I'd like us to get some more use out of our current cars (esp. as they are relatively cheap to repair!) then once we get some skills and experience buy something a bit more competitive.

Sure thing! They are perfect cars to start with, no point being fast in a straight line if you can't go round corners!

Sunday's are great as there are more children present.

Just charge the cars, pop down and have fun. Even though the club guys are speedy evening is really friendly.

Neil
Old 07-10-2014

Great news! Will see you this Sunday, weather permitting!

Thanks, Mike