Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 04-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

hmm, the new rear wishbones have changed somewhat. comparison here: http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/
on the suspension arm section.

Although they are narrower (by 2mm), look less swapped back, and allow the shocks to be mounted front and rear of the arm, it looks like the hub end is the same position. In the rear most location i think the hub will be positioned as per the old arms. I will be buying them as soon as MB Models have stock.

Also check the conflicting information/settings for low traction in the "wheelbase adjustment" section, between the table and the car animation.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Also check the conflicting information/settings for low traction in the "wheelbase adjustment" section, between the table and the car animation.
I'll correct myself, looks like they have sorted it out...

Arms rearwards, weight forwards = low traction.

I'd have thought it would be the other way round, but at lease now the diagram and table match info. They didn't the other week when they announced the 2014 spec car.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25-12-2013

Hi.

I read through this thread and this is my take:

When you remove the plastic under the gearbox you will lower the gearbox. When you do this, you will also lower the shocktower as it is mounted on the gearbox. You also move the rollsenter for the inner camberlink relative to the rest of the car. What you now have done with rollsenter is you have lifted it, witch in turn gives you lower traction ( because you have lowered the inner position of the camberlink.)

Now, when you get the +2 hangers you move the rear innerhingepin back up 2mm witch in turn, gives even lower rear traction, as you again gets higher rollsenter.

You must try this: whatever inner camberlink you normally run, you must raise that position by 2mm to get what rollsenterposition you had before you lowered your gearbox. When you do this you have the same rollsenter as the kit came with as standard. You might have to make one new hole on the upperside on the shocktower to get it were it need to be.

Hope this helps :-)
Old 26-12-2013

When it's slippy, I use the standard hangers, unwind the shock ball joint a couple of turns to get more droop (careful the driveshafts can't pop out). I would rather xray released the standard hangers in brass, rather than the +2, as it would keep the gearbox 2mm higher for more plunge / traction. At the moment I'm just not getting the theory of the +2 for low traction. Going to try them back to back at Coventry on Friday on the 2wd.
Old 04-01-2014

"Mounting the rear suspension directly to the chassis requires optional rear suspension holders 363311 & 363321. The split chassis is compatible with both XB4 & XB4 2WD."

Quote from the site but technically that's incorrect as you can run with the standard hangars, you just need to raise your inner camberlink to compensate?

I'm glad i found this thread as i must admit that it really confused me when i was building the car this week, couldn't quite get my head around and it and seems like i wasn't the only one.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs