Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 28-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
Was that servo on normal side yea couldnt see on setup sheets, might give shorty a go as quite a few seem to run that now from pics ive seen
Servo on normal side im not a sheep so i cant be bothered following everyone in usa for something thats not relevant.

This car can be pushed so much and feels so safe with the shorty layout. Ive gone much softer on the front end to what i use to use. Currently at 15000, 5000 with the diffs and want to try maybe 10-12000 in front like the b44.2.

Do not use green rear springs they are rubbish! Go stiffer it will make the car easier to drive and will change direction so much better!

Measure your servo and and then measure your rec, and speedo.
Get some weights and put them behind the servo so it is equal.

Then do the lipo and speedo seperately and do the same again.
Put the weights behind the motor.

If you need any pics add me on fb or email me, gazhill1981@yahoo.com

Last edited by gazhillAE; 28-04-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 28-04-2015

Gaz,

How much weight have you added in total?

I tried the Shorty Layout, but without weights added. The rear bobbled and stepped out a lot, even in a straight line on carpet, so I went back to Saddles which settled the car down a lot.

I'd like to try the Shorty arrangement aagain though.

Cheers.

Ian
Old 28-04-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBash View Post
Gaz,

How much weight have you added in total?

I tried the Shorty Layout, but without weights added. The rear bobbled and stepped out a lot, even in a straight line on carpet, so I went back to Saddles which settled the car down a lot.

I'd like to try the Shorty arrangement aagain though.

Cheers.

Ian
Ian

I'd say the saddle would probably work well on carpet yes, but there's nothing wrong with the shorty with weight ! Stiffen up rear end definetly from the 25-30w with green springs that is commonly used. You can always use the 90g rear weight if you need more.

I have used 20g behind servo and 30g behind motor

Ps. I can't stress how much difference the rear shocks made to the car !!!!! Best improvement yet

Gaz

Last edited by gazhillAE; 28-04-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 28-04-2015

Cheers gaz defo worth a try in shorty before next regional.

We talking 30wt with white or even stiffer?

Ive only eva had 10k 100k 7k tbh in diffs in since build as at worksop it drove ace so il leave them in for shorty to start

I have come down from purples etc on front to now yellow or red with 37.5 it got better goning softer.

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 29-04-2015

Gaz,

Thanks for the info.

I ran Saddles for the first outing for my B44.3 on Astro. The track was very bumpy, so I ran with 27.5 Wt in the rear with the Greens. With the 1.6mm Pistons in the rear and 1.5mm in the front, I added an extra couple of 1.2mm Holes to both the front and rear pistons which got rid of the 'bobbling' over the ripples. I shortened the Front Camber Links and added another 1mm spacer onto the Rear Camber Link Balls to compensate for the extra roll on the car. It felt pretty good but I like a bit more turn in so I'll be dropping my oil weights in the diffs. Running 5000, 80000 and 7000 at the moment. I'll be dropping to 3000, 80000 and 5000.

I'll try your advice with the Rear Shocks.....and then hopefully I can go and try a shorty configuration again with the pointers about the weight.

Cheers again.
Old 06-05-2015

Hi,

I ran my B44.3 in very wet condition on Sunday on grass. It was extremely wet the worst conditions I've raced in. The forecast is the same for this weekend for the second regional meeting. Looking for some advice on setting up for these conditions condition. At the weekend I changed to a brown front and black rear spring with 25wt in the rear and 27.5wt in the front. I was running the standard 2 hole 1.5 front piston and 2 hole 1.7 rear. Unfortunately I didn't have wet tyres and only had a choice of Schumacher yellow or blue spikes, as the yellows had 2 rows cut off the front I opted to run the blues all round however for the weekend I will have ballistic greens. I struggled with turn in so also removed the front arb and my shocks out on the arms and to the most inner hole on the towers. Diffs were 7k, 100k, 5k. Felt okay and was able to drive it however still lacked turn in, wondered if anyone else more experienced could off some pointers for setting the car up in these coconditions.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart1993 View Post
Hi,

I ran my B44.3 in very wet condition on Sunday on grass. It was extremely wet the worst conditions I've raced in. The forecast is the same for this weekend for the second regional meeting. Looking for some advice on setting up for these conditions condition. At the weekend I changed to a brown front and black rear spring with 25wt in the rear and 27.5wt in the front. I was running the standard 2 hole 1.5 front piston and 2 hole 1.7 rear. Unfortunately I didn't have wet tyres and only had a choice of Schumacher yellow or blue spikes, as the yellows had 2 rows cut off the front I opted to run the blues all round however for the weekend I will have ballistic greens. I struggled with turn in so also removed the front arb and my shocks out on the arms and to the most inner hole on the towers. Diffs were 7k, 100k, 5k. Felt okay and was able to drive it however still lacked turn in, wondered if anyone else more experienced could off some pointers for setting the car up in these coconditions.

Thanks
So much to do!
You shouldn't be running 2x1.5 in front they should be 2x1.6
For wet grass I'd be doing most of the below:-
Ballistic whites or Schumacher greens
Shorter front top deck link
25-27.5w in rear black
30-32.5w in front white front spring anything around a low 3.0 rate
Ride height lifted 22mm all round
Bigger wing
Short/medium wheelbase
Remove cab forward shell and use old b44 shell (I have 4 shells for dif tracks)
Inner on front tower (less turn in)
Inner on rear tower (more side bite)
Stiff front insert always
Medium rear insert always
Vts slipper in
3000w in rear
5000w in front

Last edited by gazhillAE; 08-05-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-05-2015

Appreciate the advice, thanks for the reply