Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 11-02-2015

Default The comeback kid.....

Hi all, hope your all cool and keeping out of trouble (apart from Alan obviously)!?!
Work permitting looking at a new Wednesday night campaign starting asap & very excited!!
So I am looking to get my 4wd up to speed for the astro - what tyres/ inserts are people at the sharp end using? I only ran my 2wd once on it so did not test much in that department - any ideas before next week would be swell!
Hope to see you all soon and so glad the club is as always doing really well - have been keeping tabs on you from afar
Craig
Old 12-02-2015
oOple Advertiser

Great to hear you are coming back buddy, tyre wise we are on a control tyre of a Schumacher block whick gives great longevity on the astro, personally I use a schuy blu insert although I will be testing some new inserts for the shop over the next few weeks. on the front most of the xrays are running a high profile cut stagger with a 4wd insert mounted full width on the rim. a few at the club are also running the block on the front with a couple of rows cut off to gain more aggression so upto you. there are different ways to mount the rears. you can cut off the ribs and mount them slim or mount them kit. personally I go kit but a lot of people are playing between the 2.

any questions feel fre to give me a shout mate and I will run you through it all

Nathan
Old 13-02-2015
Mad Member

Be great to see you back Craig!

Just to back up what Nathan has said, the Schuey block control tyre only applies to the rear axle of both 2 and 4 wheel drive. Front axle choice remains free!

I've been running blocks on the front with the outer row chopped off to reduce the snatchy feel, although I've got something new to try this Sunday as well

Short Course tyres remain unrestricted by the way.
Old 15-02-2015

Default Thanking you muchly!!

Thanks everyone! I could have named all the people who I knew would respond - as usual you did not disappoint (including Dave who preferred a private rendezvous!!)
Really looking forward to seeing everyone again - can't wait to see & hear what you have been up too at FORCC central.
Thanks again for the replies & info - see you in a few days
Old 16-02-2015
Mad Member

Must have been the other Dave