Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-07-2015

Default i know someone said this to me about tyres but can not find it

indoor track small short and sharp, 28s back and 24s front or 24s front and 28s back? would usually run 28s all round but last week at this club till summer break so not going to be investing in new tires till after the summer break(for indoor anyway) outdoor running about to get more concentration after this weeks indoor race,thanks guys your all always a good help,
Old 16-07-2015

Most people normally run the same compound front & rear. At the big indoor meetings there is normally a control wheel, tyre insert preglued combo.
Old 16-07-2015

I started out that way after a good near 20 year break, softer tyres rear to front . it's easier than tweaking your setup, try having 0 - 1 mm rear droop (put at on known flat surface, put Allen driver under centre of the chassis at the rear and lift till wheels leave the surface, bothe wheels need to lift at same time. Adjust droop screws till they match and also reduce till you see the rear bobble a little going round corners!! You'll know when you see it)
Old 17-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by beale View Post
I started out that way after a good near 20 year break, softer tyres rear to front . it's easier than tweaking your setup, try having 0 - 1 mm rear droop (put at on known flat surface, put Allen driver under centre of the chassis at the rear and lift till wheels leave the surface, bothe wheels need to lift at same time. Adjust droop screws till they match and also reduce till you see the rear bobble a little going round corners!! You'll know when you see it)
it's easier than tweaking your set up, try having 0-1mm rear droop, is that not tweaking your set up
0-1 mm droop? I have never seen a set up for any car posted anywhere with so little droop.

I would recommend same compound front & rear follow the kit set up for your car, it is normally pretty much there, certainly on XRay, Yokomo & VBC cars.