Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 21-05-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
It's the only car he has had apart from a b4 rtr

Phil I've got an idea let's smash it to bits with a sledgehammer then post the pictures on here to really show the TD turds what you think of the recycled beer can piece of s**t!!'
It's being considered, cheap ass parts for sky high prices!

Look at the big bores, £140 a set with springs, rango are on another planet with pricing, they think they have a product better than everybody's but end of day has problems like every other rc product they just fail to acknowledge it.

I have paid £150 on diff parts including being sent off to rango and had diffs built buy Adam and they still ain't as good as they should be.
Old 21-05-2011

try the new nuts and come back to us, the nuts do become smooth after a lot of use where the new 1's will be sharp and bite into the wheel.

try it and see but im all out of ideas for now
Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
It's being considered, cheap ass parts for sky high prices!

Look at the big bores, £140 a set with springs, rango are on another planet with pricing, they think they have a product better than everybody's but end of day has problems like every other rc product they just fail to acknowledge it.

I have paid £150 on diff parts including being sent off to rango and had diffs built buy Adam and they still ain't as good as they should be.
It seems to be the same across the board I'm sick of buying a £10 tree of parts just to use 1 part the shock tower mount must be worth about a £1 but they insist in shafting you with loads of other bits that never break.

As far as I'm concerned Phil you've spent loads on that ally piece of crap and if your not happy or satisfied shout it from the roof tops they are the turds supplying sub standard parts not you should make sure it's right before they sell it. And what's all this shit about b44 wheels the Durango kit wheels should work perfectly with the wheel nuts and if not then ask yourself why???

Profit....

Give them some abuse Phil I would they have ripped you off and to add insult to injury they say you are wrong!!

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 21-05-2011
oOple Advertiser

You could try B44 wheel hexes, they will need spacing, Ive never had a durango wheel come loose on my B44.
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
It seems to be the same across the board I'm sick of buying a £10 tree of parts just to use 1 part the shock tower mount must be worth about a £1 but they insist in shafting you with loads of other bits that never break.

As far as I'm concerned Phil you've spent loads on that ally piece of crap and if your not happy or satisfied shout it from the roof tops they are the turds supplying sub standard parts not you should make sure it's right before they sell it. And what's all this shit about b44 wheels the Durango kit wheels should work perfectly with the wheel nuts and if not then ask yourself why???

Profit....

Give them some abuse Phil I would they have ripped you off and to add insult to injury they say you are wrong!!

b44 wheels from JP are like 4 for £6 ish and they fit and look nice on the durango,

ask yourself this (the both of you) how many otheres are complaining about durangos?

if your not happy sell it mate i will offer you good money to buy it or as another chap put on here swap for the fishing stuff on the wanted section, but then you be complaining the hook fell off when you had 50lb fish on and budfish will be saying PHIL JUMP IN AFTER IT AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Last edited by leeboy44; 21-05-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

I'll try the core rc nuts and see but I'm not racing indoors for a while now as will be outdoors. I'll see if they are any better
Old 21-05-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

NUTS, you must be

1. either crimp the outside of the nut so it's a tighter fit on the axle threads

2. Lightly damage the axle thread so the nut is a tight fit

3. Superglue. One drop on the threads. Screw nut on and off and let SG dry before putting wheel back on.

4. Use some ShooGoo to leave deposit in threads
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 21-05-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
NUTS, you must be

1. either crimp the outside of the nut so it's a tighter fit on the axle threads

2. Lightly damage the axle thread so the nut is a tight fit

3. Superglue. One drop on the threads. Screw nut on and off and let SG dry before putting wheel back on.

4. Use some ShooGoo to leave deposit in threads
aint he left enough deposits in threads?
Old 21-05-2011

Going back to your previous thread about the diffs again...

Why the hell not just email TD!? Instead of sat at your computer moaning on a forum again!, Actually try emailing the company your slagging off!! Once you actually sucked it up and emailed TD last time, your problem got sorted....

If everybody who had a little problem with an RC car came and posted it all over oOple, It would be a very boring place to be. I had quite a lot of problems with my previous car (that I have just got rid of) with maintenance issues, not finishing runs etc.... But I didn't come onto oOple posting shit left right and center slagging people/companies off!

I had a choice, talk to the manufacturer and persevere with it, or get rid and find something else.

Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

Try some new wheels with your nuts, I check my nuts after ever race and when they start to loosen after a race I replace the wheels
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Going back to your previous thread about the diffs again...

Why the hell not just email TD!? Instead of sat at your computer moaning on a forum again!, Actually try emailing the company your slagging off!! Once you actually sucked it up and emailed TD last time, your problem got sorted....

If everybody who had a little problem with an RC car came and posted it all over oOple, It would be a very boring place to be. I had quite a lot of problems with my previous car (that I have just got rid of) with maintenance issues, not finishing runs etc.... But I didn't come onto oOple posting shit left right and center slagging people/companies off!

I had a choice, talk to the manufacturer and persevere with it, or get rid and find something else.

well said!!
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

I disagree with some of the frankly "A*rse Hole" comments.

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

When you pay so much money for a car, you expect it to be right.
and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

If people can't be constructive whats the point of even posting?

What happens when you have a problem?
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post

I've been racing with Phil now every time they have fell off. He's Thread locked them and has been constantly tightening them. So something is clearly not right? so why is he getting slated?

and something as trivial as a wheel nut coming off every race without fail is kind of pathetic. how would you feel, Annoyed i would guess.

yes but if hes using wheel nuts thats as old as the car then there going to keep falling off! serrated edge's on the nuts become rounded after lots of use and with nylock nuts the nylon wears and no longer works.

we try and help (like the diff thread) but then the bad language and piss taking starts and winds ppl up
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:

Have they always fell off? Unlikely as he is only now mentioning this problem.

This in its self should tell you that something has worn out, or has gone wrong or the problem would be there from day 1.

He should be looking at making constructive comments to obtain suitable ideas for rectification, he is getting this in some responses, but seems more intent on blaming Durango than investigating the problem.
Old 21-05-2011
Banned

It's always happened on high grip carpet racing, and to add last time I emailed them it was sorted at full cost and no consideration from Durango with a response saying was complete user error and the worst diffs they ever seen, well coarse they gonna be the worst they ever been a sent them to you as they were after one nights running from one rebuild and they were destroyed all because durango supplied shit bearing in the kit. Not my fault the parts supplied aren't fit for purpose, and why should I keep paying out for their lazy manufacturing?

Like I said I'll try new nuts and see how we get on!
Old 21-05-2011
Mad Member

Durangos do chuck front wheels off, you need to tighten the nuts as hard as you can every run, replace them often and if they still come off, something else is wrong, a bearing, buckled wheel, bent driveshaft etc.

Hope you get it sorted, nothing more annoying then a wheel off last lap
Old 21-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tamiyas and B44s have the same issue with wheelnuts coming loose and the cure is to replace the wheelnuts when it starts happening.
Unfortunately the wheelnuts are consumables regardless of brand.
Old 21-05-2011

Quote:

Then you contact the company for help/advice, not go slagging them off on a public forum!!

Quote:
I contact the company in question and speak to them about the matter, Not go slagging them off on a forum!!

Old 21-05-2011
Banned

Hang on then, Why doesn't someone just take the forum offline then?
after all whats the point lets all just go and ring Durango.
Old 21-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzspeed View Post
In 6 months of using my DEX410 i have never lost a wheel.
same here. I've dremel'd down the thread to get in the box and never had a wheel come off still. kit wheel nuts for me.