Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 20-12-2013

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justleanitupabit View Post
Well not ordinarily no but this is a forum, It's for discussions, debates and opinion that's their function, so before I sharpened my pitchfork and went on a witch hunt against Team C I thought I might see if there was another side to the story/any other pertinent detail that may be relevant.
I agree, if you are one of the guys who lost their job or SMD it is natural to feel totally gutted about Team-C's decision. But without knowing what happened between Team-C, SMD, and Absima I can't see any reason why I should take any sides.

Sure, for UK Team-C fans it is a bit of a blow as there's no UK distributor. But so far I've not quite understood the level of vitriol directed towards Team-C and Absima.

I wish the guys that lots their jobs good luck, as by all accounts they did a great job and are a great asset to the industry. Likewise I wish SMD the best. But that doesn't mean that Team-C didn't take this decision for good reasons, without knowing that I can't sit here criticising anyone over this.
Old 20-12-2013

Jesus Christ guys isn't this bad enough for the three lads concerned without posting negative comments about the situation, perhaps justleanitupabit might want to stick his sharpened pitch fork up his own arse where it may do a little more good.
I don't have much to do with the electric side of the sport anymore just the nitro, but I do run truggy for the Smd boys and it seems to me that if you guys on here like the buggys so much the best thing you could do is help them out by buying all Jamie's remaining stock that way at least you will all be doing your bit and I am sure it would be greatly appreciated,

P.s. Just my two penneth.
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-p View Post
Jesus Christ guys isn't this bad enough for the three lads concerned without posting negative comments about the situation, perhaps justleanitupabit might want to stick his sharpened pitch fork up his own arse where it may do a little more good.
I don't have much to do with the electric side of the sport anymore just the nitro, but I do run truggy for the Smd boys and it seems to me that if you guys on here like the buggys so much the best thing you could do is help them out by buying all Jamie's remaining stock that way at least you will all be doing your bit and I am sure it would be greatly appreciated,

Dave you are spot on. Have some compassion guys! If it wasn't for SMD, Team C would be nowhere in the UK.
Old 20-12-2013
oOple Advertiser

Thanks guys for the many kind words of support we really do apreciate it. I have had so many emails and kind words from our drivers, customers and competitiors its been amazing.

Absima/Team C are entitled to make changes to their structure, the only issue that is causing me massive head aches is the notice period. The notice period suits them, but obvioulsy it does not suit us.

I am doing all i can to keep my lads in work, but it wont be easy given the time frame involved.

Watch our web site for any developments over the next few weeks.

Once again thanks for the support.

Regards,

Jamie
Old 20-12-2013

Default Team C

Stop Buying Team C stuff and swap to something else.... People Power Rules

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-p View Post

Well you're quite the pleasant one aren't you?

Did you deliberately ignore where I posted my sympathies for the 3 chaps that may lose their jobs? Quite how I've been negative towards them I don't know. Nor did I suggest team c had done the right thing either.

I also see nothing wrong with trying to understand the situation better, rather than behaving like a reactionary idiot.
Old 21-12-2013

Default Profile

It is largely SMD that gave team C credibility and worth at the UK circuits. Take that away, and a large part of the Team C goodwill that was built up goes away.

I think team C think that they can undercut and make more profit by controlling distribution. A rather short term solution.

I think a problem is that Team C kits are often bought at model shops in Hong Kong for about half the price that you can get them from the UK. Sad fact of mail order - that's why I only buy from UK shops now.

Both shops, and now distributors are being hammered by drivers wanting to import everything at a cheaper price...
Old 22-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by justleanitupabit View Post
Well you're quite the pleasant one aren't you?

Did you deliberately ignore where I posted my sympathies for the 3 chaps that may lose their jobs? Quite how I've been negative towards them I don't know. Nor did I suggest team c had done the right thing either.

I also see nothing wrong with trying to understand the situation better, rather than behaving like a reactionary idiot.
There is a big difference between trying to understand situations and trying to delve into things that do not concern you , contracts are between the the two parties concerned and NOT for you to stick your nose into.
Perhaps you could phone absima uk and ask them the same question ?. Your answer I am sure would be a polite f--k --f and mind your own business.
As for as being a reactionary idiot me thinks the idiot is in your camp.

Away from this I would like to wish Jamie and the boys at Smd all the best for the future and hope that they get things sorted out and acquire new work to keep them all in employment.
Old 25-12-2013

Read this interview w/ Juraj from XRAY. Pretty interesting stuff about RC industry and racing teams/sponsorship and distribution channels. Seems to be a pretty intelligent guy.

"I believe that many companies had to spend more on their team and racing than they earned.... It seems that recently other companies have crashed back to earth as well and I expect we will see a lot of team changes and shifts."