Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 11-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Just hang fire with the gopro purchase! new one on the horizon. which means existing one should drop in price.
I got my hero 2 a year ago when they were about to announce the 3. I paid £160, rather than £300+. I did buy it in america though, where they were dumping stock. Prices in the UK were still high, and still are higher than I paid for the same model.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's arrived

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 22-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
It's arrived

Quit teasing and get the go pro today and we all expect a vid tonight. .... before 8pm as well lol.

On a side note im almost done with my 550. Just need to order a lipo.

Im undecided on what landing gear or gimbal but just seen a fantastic deal. Ill probably post the link up on another thread but you can order the new dji gimbal. Naza v2 and gps and 550 rtf for £350 off . Bargain £630.

Hmm I dont know what to do lol.
RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 22-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I got up early and mounted the gimbal under my KK2 450 quad.

Very impressed from a quick blast in the garden - a million miles away from the servo gimbal - also no jello at all. The way it keeps the horizon steady is pure witchcraft!

BUT - just seen the DJI promotions !!!!!! Now where can I find a spare £600.....

Old 22-09-2013

I'm thinking about getting a Tarot gimbal next month for my DJI 450. Is there any chance you could post a picture of how you installed it onto the 450 ? I have the landing legs from quadframe.com and wondering how I'll fit the Tarot.

This is my 450 as it stands just now :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondo74/9855462294/
Old 22-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Will post a piccy tomorrow.
I have the simple carbon legs - so the tarot is just hung under the 450.

Took it for a test flight - there is some tiny vibration from the gimbal motors - widely discussed on other forums - but it's tiny really. Apart from that - for around £100 it's very good.

I can see why dji are doing the offers they are at the moment as the Zenmuse seems ludicrously over priced!

Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Piccy of the Tarot gimbal installed - I ditched the 'hang it under' idea from yesterday as I was getting the front arms in the shot and decided to put my 450 on the Aeroxcraft landing gear instead.

Quick fly around / mainly hover - got 9mins on 3S 4000mah.

Uploading vids takes ages - but rest assured it's impressive. Just need to decide on what to do re the 550 I have partially built & naza purchase, as I really could do with altitude hold and gps and hopefully the extra stability the Naza will give.

Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks fantastic Andy. what's the flight weight?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Looks fantastic Andy. what's the flight weight?
It's 1.78kg - is that good or bad !

I have a tiny 50g lipo on there too that's running the gimbal - didn't want to run everything from the one lipo.

I'm so undecided about the DJI offer that's running - do you think it's worth buying a bundle just to get the NazaV2 & GPS and sell the rest?

I'm assuming the Zenmuse gimbal must be coming down in price given the deal & the competition from stuff like the Tarot. Don't want to be left with it and have to give it away if that's the case.... Decisions.....

Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How much is the v2 and GPS on it's own? I take it it's not on offer too?
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

DJI Deals are here - http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-innovat...ions-188-c.asp

DJI Naza M V2 Inc Gps Zenmuse H3-2D and F550 ARTF Combo
DJI Naza V2 inc Gps , Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal and F550 ARTF Bundle - Huge Savings
£630.95

DJI Naza M V2 inc Gps Zenmuse H3-2D and F450 ARTF Bundle
DJI Naza V2 inc Gps , Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal and F450 ARTF Bundle - Huge Savings
£538.00

Naza V2&GPS is £312 - Naza Lite is - £139.

So....
If I bought the 450 bundle then:
sold the ARTF 450 for £100
sold the Zenmuse for £250
then the Naza V2 + gps would have cost me £188.

Do you think that's achievable - or should I just get the Naza Lite !!!

Old 23-09-2013

Fantastic looking 450 Andy, how did you manage to fit the aeroxcraft landing gear to a 450. I was going to buy it but I was told by aeroxcraft themselves that it was only good for a 550 bottom plate.

I opted for the quadframe.com skids instead, they were a bit cheaper but not anywhere near the quality of the aeroxcraft stuff and doesn't have tubes to hang the gimbal off.

Kinda regretting what I bought now after seeing your fine example there. Very nice indeed. I'll be getting a t-2D next month so I'll just need to see what the mounting options are.

If you ever hear of anyone selling aeroxcraft skids, give me a shout.

Old 23-09-2013

Andy,

let me know if you post any video up online, I would love to see it. I wonder if you could give me any info on how to best fit the AeroXcraft to a 450 ?

Cheers
Raymond
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Raymond.

The Aeroxraft lines up perfectly with the 550 - but with the 450, yo need to use some regular nuts and bolts (not the very wide plastic jobbies that come with it) then it 'just' fits as the holes on the mounts on the landing gear align with the holes that are in-between the 450 arms. Just needed a few decent sized washers on each end and hey presto - it fits a treat

It isn't cheap - but it's a nice bit of kit and you can move the lipo / gimbal on the rails to balance it all.

Just had another go with it in the park - i'll try and upload something to vimeo if it's any good!

Old 23-09-2013

Cheers Andy,

It sounds easy enough, I just wasn't keen on drilling the bottom plate on the 450, but if the slots line up and its just a matter of sourcing nuts/bolts/washers to hold it in place then I'll deal with that.

I've only had my 450 for about a month and this will be my fourth landing frame lol, started with the cheap plastic ebay special at £12, then moved to the Tarot carbon one, that I notice you had previously, that was fairly fragile aswell even with the upgraded t-pieces to replace the flimsy carbon plates, then I moved onto the quadframe.com landing legs which have been the best yet, although I paid £65 from heliguy for them, and I've just went onto the AeroXcraft site and notice that their landing gear is only £65 now, I could swear when I last looked, they were asking £85. I think next month when I order up my Tarot gimbal, I'll just bite the bullet and get the AeroxCraft frame as well.

Jeez this is becoming much more expensive than racing buggies

Cheers
Raymond

BTW, I have the Naza Lite - £139 from Buildyourowndrone, came next day and is the best thing I've bought so far. Was using a cheap hobbyking FC and trying to fly in manual mode only which I was struggling with, but once I got my head around setting up the naza with the turnigy 9x radio, I can now fly in GPS and atti modes which is far less stressful and is allowing me to learn the controls much easier. I'm not savy enough to know what the differences are between the V2 and the lite, but with the price difference, the lite was a no brainer for me.
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quick vid

No software stabalizing

Very happy with it - only thing is the go pro looks like it dropped frames when capturing at 100 GPS as my memory card isn't fast enough !

http://vimeo.com/m/75220403

Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Will check out video now Andy...

You might want to get the V2 Naza... new software and features released:
http://www.dji.com/download/naza-m-v2-downloads/

from release notes: http://download.dji-innovations.com/...e_notes_en.pdf

What’s new?
 Firmware
 Free Ground Station function available without S/N, 16 waypoints supported. (Support the Ground Station on PC or iPAD
when using the 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink)
 Add Flight limits (Default Max Height is 2000m and Max radius is 2000m).
 Add Motor Test function.
 Optimize the taking off conditions to meet most requirements of taking off on moving vehicles.
 Optimize the conditions to enter into the compass calibration more easily.
 Software
 Add Flight limits in the【Advanced】page.
 Add Motor Test function in the【Aircraft】page under the【Basic】page.
 Manual
 Revise the compass calibration description.
 Add the Flight limits function.
 Add connection diagrams when used with the DJI 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink.

Looks like they have added 16 waypoint and ground station features. As the wookong. It also has the height and range limit feature, which some jurisdictions require to have a commercial licence to fly.

I'll be upgrading mine asap, might buy the v2 pmu and bluetooth module now there is a reason to.
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Quick vid

No software stabalizing

Very happy with it - only thing is the go pro looks like it dropped frames when capturing at 100 GPS as my memory card isn't fast enough !

http://vimeo.com/m/75220403
Andy, that looks ace. I'd be happy with that. was that at 120fps?
Old 23-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Neal- flying through the leaves was at 120 on the hero black - but I think it dropped a few frames as my SD card is only class 4 !!!!

All video was retimed to 25 fps.

It is good - wonder if the Zenmuse would Be even better?

Old 23-09-2013

Liking that! Tempted to stick my aeroxcraft stuff on my 450! I'm after more flight time. Only achieving 8 mins with the 550.