Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 19-09-2015

Default Team associated short course truck

As anyone brought the new short course truck by team associated what are your thoughts about one thinking about buying one are they any good??
Old 21-09-2015

A few drivers had the new truck at A1, first opinions were good from what I heard, a big improvement over the outgoing model.
Old 21-09-2015

It's about time associated joined the mid motor party they're only a few years behind the other manufacturers!.
I can't give you a definite answer is I race a Durango 210 and haven't driven the sc5m, however I watched a few of them at the last national and they looked at home on astro.
Obviously a lot is down to the set up and driver but compared to the rear motored predecessor it looked better from what I saw. Wether it's a better truck than the competition is yet to be seen
Old 22-01-2016

It's a b5m with longer wishbones and chassis with a short course shell looks the truck to have for 2016
Old 25-01-2016

I'm really enjoying the sc5m but they need a bit of weight up front, 3 of us race together and we all have different set ups and different driving styles.
Old 25-01-2016
Mad Member

Just need some decent tyres up front Mark Mine does feel a bit floaty at the moment but I love it. Good steering, good traction and you get all the bits you need in the box. Seriously good truck. Spares are cheap to.

Only things I am not to keen on is the slipper clutch. I think the truck would be better with a V2 instead of the VTR. Seriously contemplating the 3 gear box for the high grip tracks on the calendar to.

Not so in love with the flotek bodyshell either. Mine has major cracks already! Good excuse to get another one though with a proper paintjob.

Get one! you won't regret it.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 02-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
Just need some decent tyres up front Mark Mine does feel a bit floaty at the moment but I love it. Good steering, good traction and you get all the bits you need in the box. Seriously good truck. Spares are cheap to.

Only things I am not to keen on is the slipper clutch. I think the truck would be better with a V2 instead of the VTR. Seriously contemplating the 3 gear box for the high grip tracks on the calendar to.

Not so in love with the flotek bodyshell either. Mine has major cracks already! Good excuse to get another one though with a proper paintjob.

Get one! you won't regret it.
If the TEKNO 2wd conversion is too much of a tank and ends up being a total flop I will probably get one of these for the young un. Start him off with what I have in the workshop to see if he will stick with at first though