Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 16-08-2014

Default Speedo glitching; Servo causing?

Hi all

Been running the same electrics for some time with no problem, have suddenly started to get a tiny glitch; any advice appreciated.

Basically when I first switch on, everything in 'neutral' position on TX, give the steering a flick from left to right and the motor turns a tiny bit, for just a moment. Have tried moving steering stick very slowly, or very fast, only left and only right but nothing uber consistent, other than if you flick steering V fast it seems to occur more.

Checked all connections, no problem, changed ESC neutral zone from 6 to 9% and back to 6, sometimes seems to go away, sometimes not.

Sanwa Gemini X 2.4 TX and RX
Speed Passion GT2.0 LPF ESC
Savox titanium geared V fast/torquey servo (which I've clearly forgotten name of, sorry)
All in a B5M

Any thoughts? I'm due to upgrade the speedo if that might help eliminate the issue, but is this likely to occur with a better quality ESC too?
Old 16-08-2014

If the servo is old and it only happens at full lock then I'd say that the servo is to blame. It sounds like it's cutting the power to the receiver momentarily. Savox servos are renowned for drawing high current but it seems odd it's just started to happen. Try a capacitor and then a different servo first but Speed Passions don't normally suffer from a weak BEC power supply.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 16-08-2014

There's not any channel mixing set my mistake on the transmitter?
Old 16-08-2014

Thanks guys;

Defo no channel mixing; extremely inconsistent.

Doesn't only happen at full lock; you can hold full lock and it's fine, it's sudden movement of steering servo that causes motor to blip quickly at low rpm.

So frustrating being intermittent. Thanks so far though chaps, appreciate it
Old 19-08-2014

you could try it with the servo unplugged to rule out the tx
Old 19-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had this but when I ran 40meg if I had the rec near the speedo and the transponder was plugged in,the quicker I moved the wheels the worse it was,I can only guess the noise from the servo was doing it,but when I moved to 2.4 it stopped,
I know your running 2.4 but might be worth moving or unplugging stuff to try and pin point the problem

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 19-08-2014

Thanks guys

next time it occurs (grrrr) I'll unplug servo first as suggested to rule out TX, then look at wiring if that doesn't isolate it. B5M so it's all fairly close together but same for everyone and shouldn't really be an issue on 2.4...
Old 19-08-2014
Mad Member

Ive got the same problem, just the other way round, low throttle out of a corner is twitching my servo, so annoying, I'm on KO 40 mhz, but we tried 2.4 Ghz on the same set up and it was worse, but so much elimination has gone on, Ive now taken delivery of a different servo brand and new ESC, as I'm convinced its a voltage drop thats doing it, going to try a power cap again anyway when i get all the new gear installed.

lee