Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-06-2010

Default Information on motors and their application

Hi, Used to racing RC Sail boats but new to RC cars and I got myself a B44 last year but didn't use get to use it much until now - wow what a car - great to drive.

But when it comes to the electrics not too familiar so is there a place where I could find information about motors like what the no of Turns mean in terms of speed/power or other... and what is best on durt or grass etc... and what is the link with the KV (don't know what that is either )

I know the difference btw BL and brushed and starting to get my head around ESC but the choice is quite vast...

So any help on T on Kv and applications for them would be most welcome...

Pretty sure not the first to ask and no I'm not ashamed of not knowing
Old 28-06-2010

it took me a while to understand it at first to but basicly. kv is the turn way to messure motors corectly really, you can go by turn in brushless but every manufactor has differant kv rating for the same turn, witch is partly to do with why one 13.5 motor is quicker than another 13.5 motor. if you do a google search you can give yourself a rough idea with kv figures related to turn but each make is differant. if intrested i have a castle creations 5700kv motor if its the kinda thing you are looking for.

higher the kv the faster the motor will be in general but a lower kv will be better in a heavyer car than a higher kv motor as is it more weight for the higher kv motor to shift so has to work harder witch then means is gets hotter.

if im wrong please correct me someone but this is what i have learnt about brushless
Old 10-07-2010

cheers - it makes a bit more sense

RC Sailboats are also coooool
Check out www.iomireland.org